Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2002 5:36:18 AM EDT
Driving to the office this morning, after I said goodby to my wife, on the Interstate, I looked over to my left and there was a woman in a brand new Mustang doing 65 miles per hour with her face up next to her rear view mirror putting on her eyeliner!

I looked away for a couple seconds and when I looked back she was halfway over in my lane, still working on that makeup!!! It scared me so bad, I dropped my electric shaver, which knocked the donut out of my other hand.

In all the confusion of trying to straighten out the car using my knees against the steering wheel, it knocked my cell phone away from my ear which fell into the coffee between my legs, splashed and burned Big Jim and the Twins, ruined the damn phone and DISCONNECTED AN IMPORTANT CALL!!!!!!!

Damn women drivers. [peep]

Jim
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 5:38:55 AM EDT
[#1]
lol
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 6:13:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 6:15:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Were you able to finish up the book propped on the steering wheel?

Did the coffe burn the girlfriend giving you the hummer?
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 7:18:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't care what sex they are, I just want em to put the GOD DAMNED CELLPHONE AWAY and DRIVE!

Meplat-
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 2:41:20 PM EDT
[#5]
OK, the proper way to put your makeup on is not to get your face up to the rearview mirror, but instead to detach the mirror from its mount on the window.  Yes, I really did see someone doing this.  I wonder if the fact that this was in southern Kali had anything to do with it?
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 5:51:49 PM EDT
[#6]
If you remember, the dimmer switch for the cars' headlights used to be on the floor. Then Detroit mounted the switch up on the steering column. Well now they're thinking of putting it back down on the floor. It seems that the women keep getting their foot stuck in the steering wheel.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 6:20:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Alright - genuine no-shitter...

I once saw a woman driving in a full-size Ford pickup - SHAVING HER LEGS - at 55 mph.  How did I know?  She had her right leg propped up on the dashboard at the time (no, it wasn't that good looking, either...)

Jeez!

BTW - Why is it that so many of the women putting on makup on the road put me in mind of pouring perfume on a pig?  Just don't help any, does it?

FFZ
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 8:27:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Guess that kinda what Dale Jr said Monday after that chick took him out going into turn 1 at TMS. His comments on the radio and what he said to the media didnt match up afterwards.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 8:34:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't care what sex they are, I just want em to put the GOD DAMNED CELLPHONE AWAY and DRIVE!

Meplat-
View Quote

Damn Straight
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 8:42:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I don't care what  they are, I just want em to put the GOD DAMNED CELLPHONE AWAY and DRIVE!

Meplat-
View Quote

i think people need to learn to multi-task.  look at pilots, they have to fly, keep track of their instruments, use a map(s), VORs, GPS, other intruments not to mention the radio, ATC, other airtraffic.  see most pilots can multi-task.  thats what i do in the car too.  i dont really use a cell phone unless i have to, but i dont start going 20MPH on the free way when i use it. i keep up w/ traffic.  i also use key maps alot, and i am able to multi-task just fine.  sure some people just shouldnt do it, but for me it works.  you know who really cant drive is the Asian people who keep their emergancy blinkers on the entire time they drive.  why do they do that?  Not all asians are bad drivers, but many are.  there are alot of non-asians who are bad drivers too.  but only Asians use the stupid emergancy blinkers for no reason.  WHY!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhh the madness of it all!
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 3:42:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
i think people need to learn to multi-task.  look at pilots, they have to fly, keep track of their instruments, use a map(s), VORs, GPS, other intruments not to mention the radio, ATC, other airtraffic.  
View Quote

Uhmm, pilots have THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of feet of clear space around them.  Drivers often have 2.5 feet between them and the car next to them.

Pilots can multitask since they have more time to react, despite going much faster.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 4:05:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Pilots have priorities (Aviate, navigate, communicate) and do so in that order.  ATC give us half a thousand feet vertically at the very least and usually two miles minimum horizontally.  Oh, and our radio communications are on average about three to five seconds in length.  Our instrument pannels have been designed so we don't have to move our heads more than ten degrees to see/operate and critical controls, instruments.  Hang up and drive.  Planerench out.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 6:31:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I will openly admit that I have painted my nails while driving,I have also fed my son a bottle. Checked my hair in the visor mirror too.
I'm sure some of you have picked your nose,checked out your prize and played with it. Scratched yourself below the belt a few times.

[shock]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top