Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2002 4:56:11 AM EDT
Tonite is the finale between the remaining two teams. We get the Team Champion tonite. Next week, is the individual playoffs for the one man winner from the winning team.

I'm pulling for Bravo.

M4-AK
[peep]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 6:35:57 AM EDT
[#1]
yea, i can't wait!

i did some schedule shuffling at the dept. just so i can watch that.

i was really always pullin for charlie. i'm all about the underdogs.

but as long as the the squad with that long hair with the gay name (baz), the load mouth scott don't win.

but they probably will
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 8:01:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I will be glued to the set. I hope that this is not the last season. It will be interesting to see how Scott Havelstons team makes out since team chemistry is starting to dwindle over his ongoing beef with his teammate.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 2:43:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I would think a toss up, except for that team chemistry issue. However, Bravo will probably loose the extra points challenge before the mission.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#4]
[b]Quoted:

It will be interesting to see how Scott Havelstons team makes out since team chemistry is starting to dwindle over his ongoing beef with his teammate.[/b]

I think the black seal (Winn?) is going to kick Helveston's ass!

Link Posted: 4/10/2002 4:03:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I am feeling that Bravo will probably win. They are unbeaten, so far. Delta's big problem is definately going to be Scott tearing the team apart. I think he started on being so mouthy as gamesmanship. But he has gotten out of hand. I was really sad to see Jody have to drop out with a leg injury. Talking to people on Glock Talk who know Jody personally, he seems like a great guy. And he was always so humble on Combat Missions when he was being interviewed.

Scott

Link Posted: 4/10/2002 5:07:05 PM EDT
[#6]
WooHoo!! Less than one hour to SHOWTIME!!
Go Bravo!!

Karl
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 5:21:50 PM EDT
[#7]
40 minutes and counting!
Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!

-Marksman
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 5:28:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I think the black seal (Winn?) is going to kick Helveston's ass!

View Quote

I thought (Winn) was Marine Force Recon ?
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 5:29:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Scott & Winn need to go to a quiet corner away from the cameras and "work out" their differences BEFORE the competition

Scott

Link Posted: 4/10/2002 5:30:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I going for Delta just cause there old school. Scott can be a real ass too but he does good in combat.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 5:54:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I am feeling that Bravo will probably win. They are unbeaten, so far. Delta's big problem is definately going to be Scott tearing the team apart. I think he started on being so mouthy as gamesmanship. But he has gotten out of hand. I was really sad to see Jody have to drop out with a leg injury. Talking to people on Glock Talk who know Jody personally, he seems like a great guy. And he was always so humble on Combat Missions when he was being interviewed.

Scott

View Quote

Helvensten seemed to have some kind of personality disorder. Probably hates women, can't keep a wife etc.

Jody, now jody looked like he could shoot the eye out of a snake at 300yds. Can't tell with TV but sure looked like he could shoot. Yeah the wife and I both miss him. He was our favorite underdog.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 6:18:51 PM EDT
[#12]
John Winn (Marine Recon BTW) is melting down RIGHT NOW!!!

Jody is a competitive shooter in several of the target shooting sports. That is where the GTers who know him, know him from. He seems like (and the GTers say) he is a great guy. I miss him. He'd always be like "I wish I could contribute more to the team" everytime they interviewed him, then he would go out and get like four or five kills every mission......

Scott

Link Posted: 4/10/2002 6:22:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Helvenston is melting down now.....

Scott

Link Posted: 4/10/2002 6:22:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Dever just opened a new rectal discharge orifice for Helvenston

Scott

Link Posted: 4/10/2002 6:40:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Delta looks like the winner to me.  Just did their mission.  1 dead. Two objectives successful.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 6:44:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Delta just kicked ass! Now it's Bravos' turn lets see how well they do.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 6:51:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Bravo did it to...Looks like they have the win to me.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 6:52:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Bravo winner?  Nice mission.  That's what I'd expect of guys that are currently active.  Actually expected better.  A win is a win.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 6:53:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Bravo just did the mission and it was FLAWLESS!!!

Karl
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 7:04:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Damn, that looks like some serious FUN.  We need to have that at the BRC. [:D]

Way to go BRAVO!
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#21]
I have the good luck to know Jody.  He is a fine person and a excellent shot as well.  I know him from the USPSA pistol matches that I have shot.  I just wish that he could have be able to stay on the show to the end.  Now that BRAVO has kicked a$$ and won the team championship, it will be hard to see them go up against one another.

Vulcan94

Link Posted: 4/10/2002 8:07:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Talk about Bravo "kickin it up a notch" That's what you get when you have a Navy guy leading a team [;)]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 8:21:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Have any of you actually seen a Shadow Squad guy use his sights when shooting?  They seem to have taken shooting lessons from the Palestinians!  Spray and pray seems to be the norm with these guys.  Seems like they try harder and shoot better against some teams more than others.
JMHO
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 4:17:38 AM EDT
[#24]
[b]Seems like they try harder and shoot better against some teams more than others.[/b]

Noticed this last night, Nutter(delta) steps out into clearing and SS memeber pops him immediately. Then on Bravo's turn, SS member hiding behind barrels/boxes, sees 2 Bravo team members, comes out from cover sprays every where in their direction and gets no hits on the 2 clearly in the open.

Seems to me that Bravos' real skill is time management as they have run missions in some of the fastest times through-out show. Congrats to them they couldn't have done any better.

Delta was my pick, but Helveston & Winn were both real jerks and they deserved to go.

Mike

Link Posted: 4/11/2002 4:51:38 AM EDT
[#25]
It was funny to see cuz put his shirt on so fast.His mouth almost got his backside kicked.BRAVO!BRAVO!BRAVO!
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 5:16:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Halvenston lost the two last challenges for his team.  He was the last man in the water at the gauntlet and the first one on the dock last night.  His tantrums were hilarious.  I'm kind of sad to see him go just when he was really starting to get out of control.

Can't wait for the two-hour finale.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 5:36:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Has anybody heard if they will run another season?
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 6:18:39 AM EDT
[#28]
It seems that they are doing what Survivor did.  I noticed several scenes that added drama that would have been very tough to tape.  I  imagine that they shot some filler stuff, guys failing and dying dramatically, and some of the close-ups, and inserted them into the stuff they taped from the actual event.

If the ratings are good enough maybe they will do it again.  I would like to see a mix of regular guys and operators.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 7:43:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Wow. BRAVO wins.

They win on time, no killed + they won the points challenge when Halvensten didn't listen to the rules.

...and man did Helvensten loose it on his man and Deaver. Whoooooo, some problem there.

Each man won $25,000 but figure after taxes what a lame amount. Can't even buy a nice car. They ought to give em more money.

I enjoyed Combat Missions. Oh, I think they film the bad guys and the falling dead sequences after the fact and insert scenes later. Could be the spraying and praying stuff is filmed later too.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 5:29:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Did anybody notice that when Rudy saluted Delta at the end, it looked like they didn't salute back. Then they dropped smoke on the rest of the guys.

They didn't portray the special forces in a good light as far as I'm concerned.

M4-AK [peep]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 5:36:50 PM EDT
[#31]
BTW, The season finale next week is two hours. Starts at 9PM EST....

Scott

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top