Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2002 10:44:17 PM EDT
There's one playing now that introduces a woman to the audience that is in basic training learning Basic Rifle Marksmanship.  I've seen the short version many times, but tonight was the first time I saw the extended version.  Thought it was really cool the way they made learning to shoot look so positive.  Guess I was shocked.  It's not typical of how shooting is usually portrayed on TV.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 12:00:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Is she an army of one?
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 12:10:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, it is nice. Now if they'd just take half the money they're spending on tv commercials and use it to make sure the troops actually get to practice live fire on a regular basis.. I meet way too many active duty people who shoot less than the AVERAGE civilian NRA member (the one who only goes to the range a few times a year). Less $2 billion planes, more ammo.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 12:22:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I wasn't really commenting on the current state of the US Army.  Only that the commercial was pretty cool.  I'm sure if we had it our way, our troops would get more pay, more firearms training and no more black berets (except for the Rangers).

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 12:25:43 AM EDT
[#4]
). Less $2 billion planes, more ammo.
View Quote

Make that less $2 billion planes and dickhead presidents, more ammo.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 2:32:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Last recruiting commercial I saw had "Awake" by Godsmack playing in the background.  I love the song, but I think it's a little wierd for a recruiting commercial.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 2:35:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Last recruiting commercial I saw had "Awake" by Godsmack playing in the background.  I love the song, but I think it's a little wierd for a recruiting commercial.
View Quote

yeah, that was a navy commercial. weird.  it kinda fit though, i guess they're using a little propoganda to appeal to the kiddies.  more power to 'em.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 2:42:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There's one playing now that introduces a woman to the audience that is in basic training learning Basic Rifle Marksmanship.  I've seen the short version many times, but tonight was the first time I saw the extended version.  Thought it was really cool the way they made learning to shoot look so positive.  Guess I was shocked.  It's not typical of how shooting is usually portrayed on TV.

USPC40
View Quote

I too recently saw that ad. It made me remember the anticipation I felt when I got to the range for my BRM qualification. Of course, I [b]had[/b] fired a rifle before but not an M-16.

I agree that it's unusual for any mass media to portray shooting as part of a positive message. You know, that learning to shoot well can bring a sense of accomplishment, control, responsibility... all the things I'm sure we all keep telling people. Maybe now, some of those people will listen.

Link Posted: 4/10/2002 7:25:56 PM EDT
[#8]
no more black berets (except for the Rangers).

EARN NOT ISSUED
Hooah! Proud parents of a U.S. Army Ranger!

Thanks USPC40
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 7:30:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Oops....that's EARNED NOT ISSUED!
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 9:35:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top