Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2002 10:31:46 PM EDT
...or Habib get's it!

[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020406/capt.1018099316.afghanistan_military_aab106.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 10:37:20 PM EDT
[#1]
"$133.132 billion in aid to Israel?!?! Christ, what did we buy?"

An ally!  We need to support Israel as far as we can without going nuclear.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 10:41:16 PM EDT
[#2]
... I'm thinking these could be Northern Alliance regulars ???
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 10:43:23 PM EDT
[#3]
"THE SHOW" is only getting started over there...

If we live long enough to see the fireworks, we're going to be in awe.  Of what, I don't know, but, I bet it's going to be new and exciting!
The likes of which we've never seen.
Just a guess.

P.S.  Keep your eyes on Korea.  I gotta hunch they're bein' sneaky.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 10:44:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
...or Habib get's it!

[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020406/capt.1018099316.afghanistan_military_aab106.jpg[/img]
View Quote

Good Lord!!!
The one on the right bears a striking resemblance to Gallagher.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 10:48:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Good Lord!!!
View Quote

I was thinking of Dennis Hopper, circa: Easy Rider.[:P]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 10:59:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Good Lord!!!
View Quote

I was thinking of Dennis Hopper, circa: Easy Rider.[:P]
View Quote

A skinny David Crosby.

Looks like our guys in the background
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 11:28:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Blackdog: ' "$133.132 billion in aid to Israel?!?! Christ, what did we buy?"

An ally! We need to support Israel as far as we can without going nuclear. '

Blackdog - why?  Try explaining why w/out any "Hunian" biblical reasons.  Also, see my previous posts on what a wonderful "ally" Israel has been.  Wow, 133 billion sure got us a great ally, what w/ them spying on us, giving the Chinese our military secrets, sabotaging our foreign policy interests in the Mid-East...
They DO NOT deserve any "special" treatment over any of our other allies.  

Link Posted: 4/9/2002 11:30:31 PM EDT
[#8]
[img]http://album.gunsnet.net/data/fnhipower/44_p724.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 11:37:19 PM EDT
[#9]

{Italian accent}  "It's-a-faddah  Guido Sarduchi!!!"
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 11:44:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I think you got Toad's height right, but JoJo looks like some freak out of the Star Wars cantina in that getup.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 12:22:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Blackdog - why?  Try explaining why w/out any "Hunian" biblical reasons.  Also, see my previous posts on what a wonderful "ally" Israel has been.  Wow, 133 billion sure got us a great ally, what w/ them spying on us, giving the Chinese our military secrets, sabotaging our foreign policy interests in the Mid-East...

View Quote

Dude, they have easily one of, if not the best intelligence communities in the world. We have been offered the benefit of that service on more than one occasion, what we do with the information is out of their hands. Are you so ignorant as to suggest that we do not spy on our allies too. Sadly, it is the way of the world in which we live. Everbody is looking over everybodies shoulder.

Someone in any Govt. will sellout for a price, don't hold the actions of a few to be the standard of the whole. If we did, the middle east would be a non-factor at the moment, since they would be non-existent.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 1:00:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Professionals...

[IMG]http://www.gamingforyou.co.uk/mysmilies/contrib/aahmed/tongue.gif[/IMG]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 1:10:49 AM EDT
[#13]
No USP, "I am not that ignorant," but last time I checked most of our allies weren;t trying to sell our military secrets to our greatest potential enemy on the open market.  It wasn't a "few" who tried to sell the Phalcon, and actually did sell F16/Lavi technology to the Chinese.  As for what the Mossad gives us, what do they also hold back?  What makes you think they are any more honest than any of our other allies intel agencies?  Just b/c someone gives you good info at times doesn't mean you blindly accept it & pay them out?  

C'mon USP!  Did "Hunter" blindingly accept info from that pimp/informer or did he w/hold $ & slap him around occasionally to make sure he wasn't lying?  Starsky & Hutch, did they - oh nevermind, I'm getting sidetracked...  
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 1:31:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
No USP, "I am not that ignorant," but last time I checked most of our allies weren;t trying to sell our military secrets to our greatest potential enemy on the open market.  It wasn't a "few" who tried to sell the Phalcon, and actually did sell F16/Lavi technology to the Chinese. As for what the Mossad gives us, what do they also hold back?  What makes you think they are any more honest than any of our other allies intel agencies?  Just b/c someone gives you good info at times doesn't mean you blindly accept it & pay them out?  

C'mon USP!  Did "Hunter" blindingly accept info from that pimp/informer or did he w/hold $ & slap him around occasionally to make sure he wasn't lying?  Starsky & Hutch, did they - oh nevermind, I'm getting sidetracked...  
View Quote

I know, I know, the whole Israeli Government is so stupid that they would condone selling out their STRONGEST ally. I know, business is business, and friendship stays on the side. but without our dollars, business would be a very poor one indeed. Don't piss where ya live.

Asolutely nothing makes me think they are any more honest than any other of our allies intelligence agencies. But there is also nothing to make me believe that they are any less honest either. It is in their BEST interest to keep the US strong, as we fund and equip them very well all in all. So you see withholding information vital to US interests is withholding information vital to their national interest.

I am not going to get into the references to fictional stories, and would also like to appologize for the personal strike I made in my first post. To disagree is one thing, to call names is another, and not beneficial in any way. My appology is extended.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 1:34:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Apology accepted USP.  I do see your point, I am just a firm believer in never taking anything at face value.  This whole situation could easily devolve into a quagmire for us too if we're not careful.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 1:45:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Agreed, there is a strong liklihood that we will be drug into this. The United States has no business in this fight, and if we are smart will let them deal with their own situation. The ONLY way we should become involved is if the Arab Nations take it upon themselves to jump into this fight, then we even the playing field. After all, we can't let all of that technology fall into the hands of those who actively seek to do us harm.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 5:11:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Looks like the next Beastie Boys video, a la "Sabotage."

Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 5:46:21 AM EDT
[#18]
According to the UN ...NO territory taken in war needs to be surrendered
It MAY be surrendered if part of a peace brokerage..Israel has tried to give back the territory taken in 67 Arafat wont take it unless he gets everything he demands
NO COUNTRY UNDER ISLAM IS A FREE COUNTRY...Arafat is a self appointed dictator who calls himself chairman...he is a liar a murderer..and a helper of those who cut the throats of our young women...who flew passenger planes into office buildings..
Israel is the only democracy in the middle east... In Israel ..Palestinians are given citizenship...NO OTHER COUNTRY EVEN WANTS THEM...their own kind doesnt want them and any country hosting Palestinians doesnt give them citizenship most keep them in camps...
If we intend on feeding Israelis citizens to these animals...then maybe we should run up the white flag and just let them have our country as well....
Oh what a putz you are...
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 5:48:08 AM EDT
[#19]

Good Lord!!!
The one on the right bears a striking resemblance to Gallagher.[/quote]

LOL....youre right he does...
Wonder what he could do with a watermelon and an RPG
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 5:58:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I already asked you once NICELY. Will you please stop thinking MY thoughts. Failure to comply will force me to think about Oprah naked.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 6:00:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I already asked you once NICELY. Will you please stop thinking MY thoughts. Failure to comply will force me to think about Oprah naked.
View Quote

Good God, man! Anything but that!
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 6:23:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Neither Israel nor the Palestinian Territories (occupied) are of any strategic importance to the United States.

Unlike the United States, Israel acts only in its' best interest.

That anyone believes Israel is an ally of the United States causes me concern.  Neither personal friends nor countries that must be purchased annually make good friends or allies.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 8:28:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

...Unlike the United States, Israel acts only in its' best interest...

View Quote

Bullsh*ts. Do you think that US acted and is acting AGAINST it's own interests? NEVER!

Btw... can the purchase-bonus that USA is giving to allies (Israel included) be spent only buying from US defence industries or i am wrong?

Thanks...

Link Posted: 4/10/2002 8:33:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Double Standard
Intellivu presents commentary by Linda Chavez

"This nation will do what it takes to defend that which it holds dear." The words spoken Monday could have come from Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon. They didn't. They came from President Bush, speaking at a rally in Tennessee.

But the president's words make it all the more puzzling why he now insists that Israel cannot do the same to defend herself.

When it comes to attacks on the United States, President Bush reiterated his commitment to "find the enemy wherever they may hide" and "defend freedom, no matter what the costs." Yet, he tells the Israelis that they cannot hunt down terrorists in the West Bank and that the cost of defending their freedom may well be U.S. support. It is a double standard unworthy of the president and inimical to the interests of the United States.

So far, the Israeli Defense Forces have captured tons of weapons in the West Bank, including 60 pounds of high explosives and some 50 rocket-propelled grenades, and they discovered nearly a dozen weapons and explosives labs -- some of which were seized within the compounds of the Palestinian Authority. The IDF have also intercepted five car bombs -- that is five more suicide missions that have been thwarted and dozens of lives saved. And the IDF have arrested some 500 Palestinians wanted for attacks on Israelis.

We should be applauding the Israelis, not demanding they retreat before they have accomplished their objectives.

The administration reportedly decided to pressure Israel when demonstrators in Egypt and elsewhere began anti-American protests. The administration's fear is that we will lose support in the Arab world for our war on terrorism.

But the "Arab street" has never backed our fight -- indeed a few months ago tens of thousands of Muslims took to the streets in the Arab world and elsewhere to protest our military action against Afghanistan. And they were joined by thousands of others, including European and American "peace activists" who protested when stray American bombs killed innocent Afghan civilians.

Yet we didn't buckle under the criticism. Instead, we chose to stay and fight. And when innocent Afghans died -- and dozens, if not hundreds did -- we, rightly, blamed the Taliban and al Qaeda for inflicting such misery on Afghanistan.

Innocent people are dying in the West Bank as well. But Yasser Arafat and the terrorists he harbors are the ones who are morally culpable for these deaths, just as the Taliban and al Qaeda were in Afghanistan. Arafat and the Palestinians could have peace -- and a state -- anytime they choose. But they would rather sacrifice their own young to blow up Israelis in the insane hope that they will one day eliminate the Jewish state.

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 8:34:54 AM EDT
[#25]
The president and those in his administration seem to believe that Israel should negotiate its way to peace. But it is impossible to negotiate with those who have consistently violated every agreement they've ever signed -- as Yasser Arafat has. To insist that the Israelis withdraw their troops so that they can once again sit down with a man who has yet to live up to his previous commitments is an invitation to further violence against innocent civilians. Peace will only come when the terrorists are defeated.

If President Bush succeeds in getting the Israelis to pull out of the West Bank before they have completed their mission, it will embolden terrorists everywhere. And we may well pay the price in the United States, as well as Israel.

How can we hope to fight a global war on terrorism when we give a pass to Palestinian terrorists? In the 18 months since the Palestinians launched their latest bloody intifada against Israel, more than 400 Israelis have died. On a per capita basis, that is more than six times the equivalent loss of lives sustained in the World Trade Center attack. How many more must die before President Bush's words about doing "whatever it takes to defend that which we hold dear," "to find the enemy wherever they may hide," and "to defend freedom, no matter what the costs" apply to Israel, as well as the United States?

© 2002 CREATORS SYNDICATE, INC.

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 8:43:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

...Unlike the United States, Israel acts only in its' best interest...

View Quote

Bullsh*ts. Do you think that US acted and is acting AGAINST it's own interests? NEVER!

View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 8:47:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Btw... can the purchase-bonus that USA is giving to allies (Israel included) be spent only buying from US defence industries or i am wrong?

View Quote

Paolo, I'm not familiar with the term "purchase-bonus" so I'm unable to comment.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 8:58:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Apology accepted USP.  I do see your point, I am just a firm believer in never taking anything at face value.  
View Quote

which leads me to question why we should think anything you're saying has any value.

ouch!  i know that was a low blow, but the hypocrisy of that statement just blew me away.  you don't think much of the U.S.'s foreign policy, but we're supposed to believe that what you're saying is 100% accurate and representative of the entire facts?

if you want to debate the benefits of allying with Israel, go right ahead.  but i've seen you do nothing but criticize U.S. foreign policy and rant like a mad man.  i can't hear you, but your words convey your tone regardless.  you come across, at least to me, as a very angry man with an agenda, a personal one.  leaves very little room for credibility of your argument, IMO.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 9:23:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
...or Habib get's it!

View Quote

Dude, it's Simon and Garfunkel! (Who, by the way, are gay fags)

[img]http://w1.266.telia.com/~u26604404/alb-gra.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 4/10/2002 9:51:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Hadjji has two Daddies...

GungaDin and Punjab.

Wait!  Wrong thread!  [;D]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 10:06:03 AM EDT
[#31]
AR Lady:  but ...the hypocrisy of that statement just blew me away. you don't think much of the U.S.'s foreign policy, but we're supposed to believe that what you're saying is 100% accurate and representative of the entire facts? "

What statement would that be, not taking anything Israel or any other "ally" says at face value?  What's hypocritical about that?  Also, WTF does my saying we shouldn't trust our "allies" 100% have to do w/ accepting what I write?  In case you missed it, I never ASKED anyone to take what I say at face value, nor would I expect one too.  People quote numbers & facts here all the time - do you jump off your perch then to deliver the same diatribe?  Do you believe ANY of them w/out verifying things for yourself?  God knows I take everything you or anyone else here w/ a grain of salt until I learn more about it myself. That part of your post made absolutely no sense.

Also, what makes me angry, the fact that I disagree w/ you or others?  Did I get angry at people who chose to call names rather than try & debate a topic on its merits?  Yes I did, so that makes me an "angry man?"  I guess so for expecting more of people...

Finally, what is "my agenda?"  Please lay it out for me, oh All-Knowing One - what is my agenda?  It should be interesting to hear.  BTW, don't make the mistake in assuming my Waiting for your response...
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 10:36:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 10:49:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks...

View Quote

They can only buy from US defense industries with US Aid dollars.
View Quote

$2Billion directly given by the U.S. taxpayers.
$850 million for technology
$2Billion in U.S. taxpayer co-signed loans.

All this money must be spent on U.S. defense industries ?
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 11:29:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Makes sense.  All their weapons are either home grown or US bought these days.  They do get a lot of tank & plane parts/upgrades from Germany though.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 12:41:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

We address this and the notion that 80% must be spent here on another thread about a week ago and proved neither were really the case.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 1:11:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

We address this and the notion that 80% must be spent here on another thread about a week ago and proved neither were really the case.
View Quote

Oh... so you are saying that it's  true that Israel get money from US taxpayers, but this money is coming back to US Govt. under other the shapes of:

-income for US industries (that is the Govt. is taking taxes)
-salaries for US workers (and taxes payed by workers to US govt.)

If such a thing would happen in Italy, some newspapers would say that the govt., through the Israelis, is financing Italian (in this case USA) military and technology industries...

That's interesting...

You know? US taxpayers, all in all, are luckier than Eu taxpayers. We (EU) are funding translation of Adolf Hitler's "Main Kampf" in arabic, antisemitic schoolbooks, and all for the pride and the joy of future [i]shahids[/i]..ooops... Palestinian children.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 1:33:47 PM EDT
[#37]
You Israel butt kissers are pathetic.

Aug posts even a JOKE thread, and ya'll go ape feces over the notion that we choose not to suction our lips to Israels posterior.

Y'all need to lay off the caffeine. Its affecting yer mood.

[}:D]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top