Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2010 1:39:32 PM EDT
I used to use wheather.com, and I liked it.
For Cincinnatti.

Now is bites. It doesn't know my time zone when watching weather radar
and it is super slow to load.

It has this new feature where it shows "past" or "future"  weather. It
bites.
I'm looking for online, time accurate, weather radar that shows current
rain storms.
Anyone have a suggestion?

(I use the internet from a desktop. I do'nt have an smart phone.)

Link Posted: 8/15/2010 1:50:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I find Weather Underground to be the most accurate most of the time. And the Wundermap is freaking awesome.  

http://www.wunderground.com/
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 1:55:29 PM EDT
[#2]
NOAA - Weather from the .gov

enter your zipcode, and it takes you to your local weather forcast.

Click on the radar map 1/2 way down the page on the right.  Lots of radar options.  I like the "standard map", "composite loop" option.
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 1:59:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I find Weather Underground to be the most accurate most of the time. And the Wundermap is freaking awesome.  

+1 to the wundermap
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 2:00:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

most effective
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 2:00:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

How can I view the radar map in motion on that site?

Link Posted: 8/15/2010 2:01:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 2:02:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

O wait,  I can keep clicking the options. That is nice.

Link Posted: 8/15/2010 2:04:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This is what I use.
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 2:04:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't really have anything to offer other than congrats on the job. I know you posted that you had been looking for a while.
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 2:05:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is what I use.
Just hit animate map, you can adjust preferences below the map...
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#11]
It is in my time zone also and it is Military time. That kicks extra special ass.
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 2:07:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Don't really have anything to offer other than congrats on the job. I know you posted that you had been looking for a while.

I did? Do you have a link to it?

Link Posted: 8/15/2010 2:09:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought I remebered you being out of work for a while, going to take a road trip or something?????  I guess I'm wrong.

Congratulations on continued employment, then.
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 2:10:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I have this as a bookmark: http://www.accuweather.com/us/radar/sir/oh_/radar.asp?play=true

I'll also check out other links in this thread.
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 2:10:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Click on the radar map 1/2 way down the page on the right.  Lots of radar options.  I like the "standard map", "composite loop" option.

I use this one. If you look down your page you'll find an option for hourly weather graph and that thing is awesome. Like all weather it can change but it will let you know that the rain isn't going to start until 8PM so you can make it back form work without a problem.
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 2:13:42 PM EDT
[#16]
weatherbug.com

go to weather & maps, then to interactive maps for great radar.

they also have good forcasting.
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 2:27:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 2:39:07 PM EDT
[#18]
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1035/ add-on for firefox
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 2:42:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 2:46:35 PM EDT
[#20]
intellicast.com
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 2:57:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I use this one. If you look down your page you'll find an option for hourly weather graph and that thing is awesome. Like all weather it can change but it will let you know that the rain isn't going to start until 8PM so you can make it back form work without a problem.

I use NOAA and it's usually pretty good....the nearest weather station is 75 miles from here at the lil' airport in Miles City...
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 6:24:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I use NOAA and it's usually pretty good....the nearest weather station is 75 miles from here at the lil' airport in Miles City...

My personal favorite.  Tends to be pretty accurate.

No ads or other bullshit.

If you're so inclined, you can also click on "forecast discussion" in the box in the lower right corner.  It's given in weather lingo but most should be able to get the gist of what is said.  Offers more insight to the forecast.
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 6:30:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My personal favorite.  Tends to be pretty accurate.

No ads or other bullshit.

If you're so inclined, you can also click on "forecast discussion" in the box in the lower right corner.  It's given in weather lingo but most should be able to get the gist of what is said.  Offers more insight to the forecast.

+1 on the NOAA site; lots of good information packed in there
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 6:55:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 1:57:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess I was right after all

Quoted:
Rollercoaster designer.

And yes I am showing off. I was unemployed 3 months ago for 1.5 years.  I will be unemployed again as soon as this contract is up.

Link Posted: 8/31/2010 2:01:49 PM EDT
[#26]
why don't you go to the web site of one of your local TV stations.
They usually have a link that you can put on your desktop.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 2:07:36 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

www.weathertap.com

Been on it for a decade ... and their new "Predictive Weather" is ti, er, uh, great.

Lots of chasers use this.

The difference you will find will be the definition. Whereas you will be able to zoom in and see accuracy within say a neighborhood instead of a general area as say a town. It makes a BIG difference.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:39:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top