Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2001 12:10:16 AM EDT
My best friend in the world is Kelly. She has been with me, side by side, through all the heartache, ho's, and herpes, for quite a while now. We had sex when we were juniors in high school, but it has been "just-friends" ever since.
She and I are like BEST! friends, but I am now wanting to make her my own. Whenever I see her with guys lately, I get all jealous. This wasn't the case ever b4.
She is quite the hottie, too.

So,

My question to you all is...

1) Go for it, and risk losing the best friend I have ever had (Let's face it. They all end within 15 years time)

2) Keep her as my friend, and just suck it up,

3) Or any other advice.

I need advice, quick.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 12:13:22 AM EDT
[#1]
What the f**k?

Why did this appear on Page 4???

Lame.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 12:23:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 12:24:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Go for it.

Every day you hesitate may be a day that you do not know true love.

And brother...true love beats everything, money, success, good sex, guns, you name it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 12:26:56 AM EDT
[#4]
GarandShooter.

LOL!
We have some HighSpeed race matches here in the gatorcountry too! (Out where no one can hear it)

Link Posted: 3/24/2001 12:40:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 12:40:34 AM EDT
[#6]
1)  It never hurts to try I hooked it up with my best friend that was female a few years back and she turned out to be a horrible g/f and horrible in other ways.  All those years of dreaming wasted.

If I was her I would be scared I'd be the victim of a frigging drive by by hanging with you.

Go for it dude!!!!!!!!!!!  Good Luck
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 12:43:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Get away from the freakin computer and make her yours dude!

Brothers in AR-ms!

Tyler
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 1:43:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Dude, you already got WAY more than your fair share. I think it is time that you let others have a chance at getting some poontang and quit being such a greedy bastard.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 2:07:25 AM EDT
[#9]
My best friend is also my AR15, but I never thought of naming it Kelly. [;)]
 Kidding aside, if your friend is truly a friend, then she should understand that you wish to take the relationship to the next level.
But you should also be true to yourself that you won't be angry at her if she only wishes to remain just that "F" word[:X*], Friends
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 2:18:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Test. Test. Test.  The last few post that I made caused the thread to show up hours or days previous. Sorry if this shreads your thread McUzi.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 3:38:41 AM EDT
[#11]
McUzi,

You know the answer but you are destined to blow this without our help. Do not poop where you eat! Leave her vagina intact and keep the friendship. A good friendship can last for a lifetime and a bump and grind session for maybe 30 seconds....ughh...I mean 30 minutes!

Link Posted: 3/24/2001 3:58:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Imbroglio, my man, please ignore every other post, and listen to me.

I too, from the ages of 13 to 15, was a "Nice-Guy" like you. I was always every girl's "best friend", but I never got the trim. They would always tell me everything they had to tell, but I never got to (Edited) them.

Untill one day, I realized.......

Women are the scum of the earth. Yep. That's right. They f*cking suck. They are like rodents. Fact is, if they diddn't have pussies, we'd have put a bounty on them long ago, and rid the world of the plague we know today as "Estrogin".
But unfortunatley, we are hard-wired to want to be with them, so as much as we realize that they are all damn near whores, we still go forth, blindly, in the endless quest to hit the middle.]

So here it is. Plain and simple. Show interest, but treat 'em like shit. Make them think that you are more important to them than they are to you. Make HER! buy the damn meal. Let her open her own door, and when she's opening it, look at some other girls ass, and MAKE SURE SHE SEES YOU DO IT!

Of course, I am currently taking antibiotics to get over a bad dose of the clap, so maybe i'm not the person you want to listen to.

McPenecillin
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 4:04:13 AM EDT
[#13]
What is this....Kick McUzi in the nads with an iron boot when he is down day?
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 4:58:11 AM EDT
[#14]
McUzi,

You mentioned before that you had some sort of problem down there after the crack-ho episode.

I suggest that you have yourself thoroughly checked and cleansed before you go for it. You might unknowingly give her more than your affection.

I would advise against it but the guys are right, you might spend the rest of your life wondering the "what ifs".

take it easy,

riddler
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 5:25:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Go for it. Tell her how you feel. If she doesn't understand, well, at least you tried. Hopefully it won't affect the friendship.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 5:36:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Take the chance! You will never know until you try. Good luck! [:D] Milldude
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 6:14:03 AM EDT
[#17]
If you don't, can I give her a call?

Mc-Don-Juan-Balming
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 6:19:02 AM EDT
[#18]
McCall her a$$ and go for it.  If you don't, you'll be posting threads like this for quite some time, then, some years later, you'll post: "MISSED OPPORTUNITIES- WHY I'LL NEVER KNOW IF I HAD A SOULMATE".  Trust me, it's better to try and die than never know- at least you can move on and look for other fish . . . she'll still be your friend (if not, you were better off without her).
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 6:38:36 AM EDT
[#19]
McUZI:

Do the Following:

1.] Get yourself Sterilized as you shouldn't be allowed to pollute the Gene Pool.

2.] If this broad is anything like you, stay the F*ck away from her.

3.] Have yourself checked out by a good Doctor, sounds like you have either an exotic form of VD or Mad Cow Disease.

Best of Luck and you'll never make it to age 30....
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 6:50:05 AM EDT
[#20]
DONT MAKE THE MISTAKE I DID!!!!!!  Be happy with being friends.  I was friends with a really beautiful girl with whom I had a lot in common.  We'd go out on dates, go hiking, etc.  But anything other than friendship didn't seem right. Even though she was super beautiful and I wasn't concievably out of her league, I never made a move on her for the 2 years I was friends with her.

Then I started to get really horny, in general, and started wondering if she'd want to have fun with me.

And I started to wonder if I should ask her if we could try to have sex and still be friends, because I realized a real romantic-type relationship was out of the question.  There just weren't those feelings.  So I asked one day if she wanted to fool around, and she said yes.  It was the worst sex of my life, which was weird because it was with the most beautiful girl I've known. She was beautiful, had an incredible body, but the sex itself was just lame.

Anyway, I was STUPID and said I loved her romantically.  I totally killed the friendship I was very glad to have.

So if you're happy with the friendship, keep it at that and look for the love-type relationship elsewhere.  Don't make the mistake I did.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 6:51:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Let me say it again: DONT DO IT, MCUZI!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 7:17:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Get your self checked out first
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 8:36:37 AM EDT
[#23]
July 2001:
McUZI posts:

DAMN DAMN DAMN....
This is the third time that this Kelly HO has called the police on me!
I swear, this time I kept the AR in the closet, but the SWAT guys STILL kicked in the door.
At least it haden't been fixed since the last time they did that.
I just can't believe that she got that mad just because I let my old crack-HO girlfriend stay at the house with me while she was gone. It's not like it meant anything to me.
I'll say this, I wish I had listened to all of my friends on the AR boards.
What was I thinking? Hell, I wasen't thinking, Mr. Happy was doing all the thinking.
And on top of that I think I have the clap!

Link Posted: 3/24/2001 10:44:20 AM EDT
[#24]
So, when are you posting her pics on the net????

lol   [uzi]
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 4:07:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Hey McLover, I've always believed that men and women aren't suited for being best friends. It's a sexual tension thing.  I've seen through the years that when a man or a woman consider someone of the opposite sex as a best friend that one or the other secretly harbors some deep down desires that they are repressing.  The friendship seems to work because one of the parties is holding out for the chance that the relationship will develope into a romance.  

I'd say go for it, you've probably always liked or wanted her and for what ever reason you just haven't admitted it.  If it doesn't work you've lost a friend possibly.  If it does work you've hit the jackpot and have a lover that's a friend too.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 5:51:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 9:13:15 PM EDT
[#27]
We hung out last night.
Same old, same old.
Nothing new. I didn't have the sack to try anything.
She is going out with this dork right now who isn't worth the ass-whippin it would take to run his dink ass off. Plus, she would be really mad at me if I did try to make him leave.

The whole thing is, I am getting jealous of her boyfriends. I have never been like that before with her. It was always like
"...OK. He's a nice guy..."
or maybe
"...Nah. You need to ditch that freak..."

But lately, even when I know her boyfriend is kosher, I still hate him, and wind up acting real mean and nasty, which causes him to not want to come around me, which in turn affects Kelly and I's time together.

Wierd.
Link Posted: 3/25/2001 2:18:41 AM EDT
[#28]
McUZI,

Ever seen the movie "Chasing Amy"? Your situation is not the exact same as the movie, but its very similar. You'll see a lot of parallels. If you haven't seen it, rent it now.

You mentioned that you two banged in HS. Was this as a couple or just f*ck buddies? If you were a couple, why did you break up?
Link Posted: 3/25/2001 2:59:38 AM EDT
[#29]
well hell, even though i dint exactly get to this post very fast, im gonna have to say go for it, its better to know what happens then what could have been.
Link Posted: 3/25/2001 3:35:18 AM EDT
[#30]
I think if she was interested, she would have pursued you by now.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2001 3:39:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Whatever happened to the McUzi we used to know? Are you going soft on us boy?

In all seriousness, my advice to you is this:  You know yourself better than anyone.  Are you ready to act like a gentleman and get your shit together for her?  If yes (honestly), then go for it.  If you know deep down you're gonna screw this up, don't ruin the friendship.  Good friends are extremely hard to find. And for God's sake get your equipment checked out.  (I swear honey, I didn't mean to give you that nasty _____ )

Link Posted: 3/25/2001 3:48:40 AM EDT
[#32]
If she's not sleeping with you now, it's 'cause she doesn't want you.
Link Posted: 3/25/2001 4:10:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Friends don't boink their friends, or let them go to Auburn!
Link Posted: 3/25/2001 4:45:11 AM EDT
[#34]
from the female perspective:  she's probably wondering the same thing about you.  unless she's specifically told you she's not interesting in pursuing anything more, she's most likely not a closed book to the idea.

just talk to here.  i now it sounds cheesy, but emphasize the friendship comes first (if indeed it does) and you shouldn't have any problems, at least not after the first few days of weirdness.  =)
Link Posted: 3/25/2001 5:34:11 AM EDT
[#35]
McUZI, I don't know how old you are, but don't let your hormones do your thinking for you- if you are afraid of losing whatever level of friendship you might have with this lady, I suggest you go look for another, as you won't be comfortable with this one you have your heart set on- who is, as you have said, presently involved with somebody else. Don't get too worked up about it or her. If you both are young, say, in your twenties, this will all eventually pass and be replaced by new concerns and interests. (I have been exactly where you are...)

Besides, if she would dump somebody to be with you, you too, could be the dumpEE at some point.

Women are like buses; if you miss one, another will come along, sooner or later. (Yes, ARlady, the same thing could be said about men, too, I guess.. :^) ) Live life, don't take it too seriously, and go shooting- takes the mind off things...
Link Posted: 3/25/2001 10:32:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Just like buses?? Well I have been patiently sitting on the bus stop bench for years and they just keep driving right by. Some have even thrown stuff and laughed at me as they have done it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top