Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2002 11:18:24 AM EDT
NEWS FLASH:  Red Heifer Born in Israel!
Updated April 8th, 2002

It can now be revealed that less than one month ago, a red heifer was born in Israel. After the heifer's owner contacted the Temple Institute, on Friday, April 5th, 2001, Rabbi Menachem Makover and Rabbi Chaim Richman traveled to the farm where the heifer is located, to inspect and validate her status. The rabbis found her to be kosher and were satisfied that this heifer could indeed be a candidate to be used in the process of purification described in the book of Numbers, chapter 19. This is an important development towards the rebuilding of the Holy Temple.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 11:28:29 AM EDT
[#1]

Numbers 19
1   And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying,
2   This is the ordinance of the law which the LORD hath commanded, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, that they bring thee a red heifer without spot, wherein is no blemish, and upon which never came yoke:
3   And ye shall give her unto Eleazar the priest, that he may bring her forth without the camp, and one shall slay her before his face:
4   And Eleazar the priest shall take of her blood with his finger, and sprinkle of her blood directly before the tabernacle of the congregation seven times:
5   And one shall burn the heifer in his sight; her skin, and her flesh, and her blood, with her dung, shall he burn:
6   And the priest shall take cedar wood, and hyssop, and scarlet, and cast it into the midst of the burning of the heifer.
7   Then the priest shall wash his clothes, and he shall bathe his flesh in water, and afterward he shall come into the camp, and the priest shall be unclean until the even.
8   And he that burneth her shall wash his clothes in water, and bathe his flesh in water, and shall be unclean until the even.
9   And a man that is clean shall gather up the ashes of the heifer, and lay them up without the camp in a clean place, and it shall be kept for the congregation of the children of Israel for a water of separation: it is a purification for sin.

Hmmmm... [>:/]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 11:31:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I fear you've been hoodwinked on this story![img]http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/images/smilies/happyyid.gif[/img]

Rabbis Makover and Richman are [u]not[/u] to be trusted anywhere [u]near[/u] a red heifer!

I truly doubt that the authorities would have released either one of them from house arrest based upon that unfortunate incident with the scapegoat.

Surely you don't want the Messiah returning anytime soon, now? At least not til after the BRC?

Eric The(Resolute)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 11:49:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Hun -

Not knowing Makover and Richman, am I to assume to them that a red heifer = a nice veal dinner, and leather jacket???? [}:D]

garand(TheInsensitive)man

Link Posted: 4/9/2002 11:58:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Ahhhh... They failed to cover this in vacation bible school, what does a red cow have to do with the price of tea in China?

1(IgnorantAboutRedCowsButDoKnowSomethingAboutRedGoats)Gunrunner
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 12:13:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ahhhh... They failed to cover this in vacation bible school, what does a red cow have to do with the price of tea in China?

View Quote

I won't presume to speak for any rabbis masquerading as Huns, but....

My understanding is that a red heifer (or more precisely the BLOOD of a red heifer) is necessary to purify suttin'erudder (no pun intended) and temple worship cannot resume until this red heifer wanders into town.

Now its a big deal to Jews, but to my undserstanding, the resumption of temple worship is a slap in the face to Christ.

You see, temple worship includes animal sacrifices for the forgiveness of sin, and Christ was intended by God the father to be the last sacrifice for man's sin, and sufficient to do the job for ALL men.

Unless they are just playin' religion, and actually havin' a Texas-sized barbeque over there, the resumption of temple worship is an affront to Jesus Christ.

Lemme guess - Hun's gonna disagree with this. Put some lawyerly spin on it, and then wonder aloud if I am the devil incarnate. [}:D] Its good to know some things never change. [:D]

Link Posted: 4/9/2002 12:16:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's a link for you, G-man:

[url]http://www.templeinstitute.org/about.html[/url]

"If you feel that you are called of G-d, your part in the rebuilding of the Holy Temple is indeed very important."

The Temple Institute wants YOU! [:D]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 12:50:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hun's talking about scapegoats, you are talking about RedGoats.  That's enough to make a fellow kinda nervous.  

BTW, When are you going to make another *cough* business trip to Texas to hunt hogs?

The[purple]Red[/purple]Goat
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 1:23:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

My understanding is that a red heifer (or more precisely the BLOOD of a red heifer) is necessary to purify suttin'erudder (no pun intended) and temple worship cannot resume until this red heifer wanders into town.

View Quote

I'm assuming this is a literal red heifer that we're talking about here.

Could be a while before a red heifer wanders into town what with all the fence laws.
Now if the blood of a red heifer wanders into town without help.................!

I thought blood rituals were more a part of pagan religions and dare I say S****istic rituals??

Or maybe these are old rituals ??
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 1:27:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Ahhhh the red bull.

I hear it'll give ya wings.

I also hear some like to mix it with Vodka.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 1:32:56 PM EDT
[#10]
So Hun, when you buying a plane ticket and joining the IDF?

Don't you want to join Round 1 of Armageddon?

I figure we in the U.S. will join in around Round 9... Whats your guess?
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 1:39:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
BTW, When are you going to make another *cough* business trip to Texas to hunt hogs?

The[purple]Red[/purple]Goat
View Quote

I am pretty booked up into May and am going to try to make it the BRC.  I hear of talk of a shoot in the fall the boys are trying to set up.

Steve

Link Posted: 4/9/2002 1:43:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So Hun, when you buying a plane ticket and joining the IDF?

Don't you want to join Round 1 of Armageddon?

I figure we in the U.S. will join in around Round 9... Whats your guess?
View Quote

How can an American go join a foreign army in Israel to fight and be OK but, Johnny Taliban can't?
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 1:55:30 PM EDT
[#13]
A very big cow!
[img]http://www.templemount.org/bigcow.GIF[/img]

[url]http://www.templemount.org/heifer.html[/url]

It all started on September 18, 1990 when Reverend Clyde Lott of Canton, Mississippi mailed his first letter to Israel. God had prompted him and he was trying to find
out about the red heifer spoken of in Numbers 19. He wondered where these cattle came from and exactly what they looked like. This brought Rabbi Chaim Richman of
the Temple Institute into the picture. During 1991 and 1992 these men were laying groundwork for what is now the red cattle program for Israel.
View Quote

[whip]Enough said, everyone back to work! [/whip]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 3:40:04 PM EDT
[#14]
They still need to find a priest named "Eleazar". [;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top