Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/9/2002 10:17:57 AM EDT
According to the media, guns are responsible for the death and injury of ordinary citizens every day.

Since "we" are among the most armed in the country logic would dictate that we get shot or shoot someone almost daily.

So let's hear them stories. When was the last time you blew your buddies head off or accidentally whacked out the neighbor kid?

Ever been cleaning your gun when it just went off and shot your kid?

For myself, in my entire life, I have NEVER had a accidental discharge. Now I know that is kinda rare, but it has more to do with being brought up with guns than kept away from them.

Only one instance comes to mind that could have resulted in a tragic accident. When I was 14 I would often show my friends my guns. Well one day a buddy brought his friend over and I was showing him my M1 carbine.

As a matter of safety/courtesy I opened and inspected the action before handing him the rifle even though I knew it was not loaded. This gesture/action was completely lost on him. And no sooner had he leveled the gun in my direction, he pulled the trigger CLICK. Then it dawned on me just how people die in gun accidents. Before that day I never really understood how it could happen. This bozo just assumed the gun was unloaded. Were it not for my Father drilling into me that everytime you present a weapon you inspect it and clear it, I may not be here.

Needless to say, I handed my firearms to fewer people after that. Of course this dumb shit was from a liberal family that neither allowed real or toy guns. As a result he had a distorted fascination about them, but no real understanding of them. He was accident waiting to happen.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 10:29:23 AM EDT
[#1]
My response to the kid pointing my rifle at me and squeezing the trigger would have been to grab the muzzle, redirect it, and with my other hand, DECK HIS ASS OUT FLAT ON THE FLOOR.  Then a thorough ass chewing would ensue.  

One thing I will NOT tolerate around me is STUPIDITY with firearms.

Your response might vary, tho... hehehe

BTW, NO accidental or negligent discharges here.

Link Posted: 4/9/2002 10:36:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Never had an accidental discharge either.  I have seen people do some really stupid things though, and have left the range because of it.  Handing loaded guns back and forth with fingers on the trigger, etc.

One more thing, I don't want to hear about anybody's accidental discharges unless they're gun related!
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 10:37:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Almost 20 yrs ago I had a negligent discharge (that is what they are, really) despite having gun saftey drilled into me through my youth. Let me tell you, when that thing goes off it really wakes your ass up!!

I have been real anal about checking chambers, pointing and such since then. Fortunatly there were no witnesses, so no one got hurt. [:D] But I also learned just how easy tragedy can occur.

My best friend and I did invite another friend along prarie dog hunting once or twice. I don't remember if this happened on the same day or two different days. Anyway he was following us up a hill when the .22 I loaned him went off. "I had the saftey on!" Now every time I take that rifle out I test the saftey. I've had two fingers pulling on the trigger and can't get it to go off. He obviously was walking around with the saftey off and finger on the trigger.

Then he took a shot, or rather several, at a p.d. that was directly between him and me about 50 yds apart. The bullets were riccocheting right around me. I found a hole to jump into. "I didn't see you."

We never took him out with us again.

So I have been shot at, been down range of one N.D. and been responsable for one N.D. in about 25 yrs of hunting and shooting.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 10:37:53 AM EDT
[#4]
None here and I like to keep it that way.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 11:29:06 AM EDT
[#5]

How 'bout a close call?

I was at a friend's house when a couple of his brothers (hot-headed Italians [;)]) who have a long history of violent confrontations started going at it again.

They took it outside where one went to his truck for a shotgun.

The other went inside for his 1911. Other family members got in between them and eventually began to defuse the situation. After cooling down to a low simmer they started coming back into the house.

As I was walking to the front door, the brother with 1911 walked in carrying his gun pointed straight ahead. I must have startled him cause he jumped back a bit and made a "OHPHF" noise still pointing the gun right at me, FINGER ON THE TRIGGER.

I immediately sidestepped the line of fire and quickly disarmed him with little resistance (10yrs martial arts training pays off!) without an AD.

Now holding the gun myself, I saw it was "good to go", round chambered/cocked/safety off. (I'm not sure if I was more surprised that I could have been shot or that the MA techniques I learned actually worked!)

After a fullbore barrage of cursing and pissing on him, I gave him his gun back - sans ammo.

That's as close as I hope I ever come to an AD.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 11:33:42 AM EDT
[#6]
When my wife was in federal law enforcement her boss shot his TV.

He returned home from qualification with his new issue S&W double action crap-o-matic and "cleared" his weapon before cleaning by pointing it at the news and pulling the trigger.  

That's the federal government.

As for me... I've never experienced an accidental discharge.

Wow, it kinda makes you think about the fact that the anti's say that we'll be "safer" if only the fed's have the weapons.[;D]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 11:34:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Good Topic for everyone to think about.

When I was working security, my Instructor told us there was no such thing as an "ACCIDENTAL discharge"...it was to be referred to as "UNINTENTIONAL".
EVERY time a gun went off 'unintentionally', it was because one or more of the first four Cardinal Rules was not being adhered to.
It wasn't an accident, it was plain stupidity.
He said guns do NOT go off by FM--FUKKING MAGIC!!!
When returning the guns at the end of the shift, the guy on the other side of the window would Eagle Eye you to make damn sure he was getting an unloaded gun and you were following procedure.
That always stuck with me.

I have been present when bad things have happened, as in, OOPS!
Luckily, no one was injured.
 Fortunately, I still have not been responsible for an OOPS!

Next time you're admiring or fondling your or someone elses firearms, remember this Topic.
Next time you're in a gunshop and the owner or employee hands you a firearm without clearing it and demonstrating that it is unloaded, DO NOT ACCEPT it until it is, with a "...I prefer to have the firearm cleared before taking it, please..."
Then, return the favor to that person.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 11:37:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 11:40:44 AM EDT
[#9]
The media types are confused about cause and effect.  It is negligence and sometimes stupidity (drunk, wanting to show off, on drugs, etc.) that causes these accidents, not guns.  The same kind of negligence and stupidity turns other inert objects such as cars or power tools into "killers".  Granted, with a gun such negligence can have most severe consequences.  That's why we responsible gun owners eliminated stupidity factors as a cause and try our best to also eliminate negligence (human error).  
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 11:41:10 AM EDT
[#10]
I hope that this doesn't sound too politically incorrect, but I read once that, contrary to the popular belief, the murder rate for white, non-minority citizens in this country is less than the murder rate for any nation in Europe!

It was only when the rates for the non-white citizens are added to the mix, that the murder rates goes through the roof!

Now, I cannot remember where I read this - has anyone else ever heard this before?

Forgive me, if I have offended you.

Eric The(FactsIsFacts,IfThey'reFacts!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 11:50:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I hope that this doesn't sound too politically incorrect, but I read once that, contrary to the popular belief, the murder rate for white, non-minority citizens in this country is less than the murder rate for any nation in Europe!

It was only when the rates for the non-white citizens are added to the mix, that the murder rates goes through the roof!

Now, I cannot remember where I read this - has anyone else ever heard this before?

View Quote

You godamn racist!
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 11:57:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

You'd never learn that interesting fact from examining FBI Uniform Crime Reports.

They lump Whites together with Hispanics in all their data:

[b][u]Year 1999 Statistics[/u]: B=Black, [blue]W+H=White+Hispanic[/blue][/b]

[u]Murders in the US[/u]: (12,658 Total Murders in 1999)
* Total Murder Victims........ 46.3%B ..... 49.8%W+H .....  3.9%Other
* Total Murder Offenders...... 35.7%B ..... 33.2%W+H ..... 28.9%Unknown

[u]Known "Single Victim/Single Offender" Murders[/u]: (6,434 Single Murders in 1999)
* White offenders........... 46.4%
* Black offenders........... 49.0%
* White victims............. 51.8%
* Black victims............. 44.6%

* White-on-white Murder..... 43.2%
* Black-on-black Murder..... 41.6%
* Black-on-white Murder..... 7.0%
* White-on-black Murder..... 2.4%

[u]Murder Offenders by Race & Age[/u]:
* Black Male Population in US Age 15-30...  1.5% of Total US Population
* Black Male Murder Offenders Age 15-30... 29.9% of Total Known Murders
* White Male Population in US Age 15-30...  7.6% of Total US Population
* White Male Murder Offenders Age 15-30... 23.4% of Total Known Murders

Data Source:
[url=http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/99cius.htm][b]FBI 1999 Uniform Crime Reports[/b][/url] Section II: Crime Index Offenses.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 11:59:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

You godamn racist!
View Quote

Is it racist if it turns out to be true?  Let's say for the sake of arguement that what ETH says can be corroborated.  What do you call him then?  Is he still 'racist' because he pointed out an ugly truth that you're uncomfortable dealing with?

Get a grip.

Link Posted: 4/9/2002 12:02:07 PM EDT
[#14]
While in a class on firing positions out on the rifle range at Parris Island, someone in my platoon noticed that the platoon behind us was aiming in on our Senior Drill Instructor rather than their target barrel. The recruit who noticed this staggeringly vile insult brought it immediately and at full volume to the attention of the rest of my platoon, and we vacated the benches in the direction of the offending platoon, taking our rifles with us.

They were all in the prone position when we got underway, and most had made it at least to their knees by the time we set upon them. Some damage was done on both sides, but we definitely made our point before things were broken up. None of the Drill Instructors from either platoon had seen what started the melee, and the Company Chief Drill Instructor demanded to know what triggered the event. When he was told, the offending platoon was treated to some aerobic activity in the pit, while we were taken back to our class.

The moral of the story: Pointing guns at people is bad, and could get you hurt.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 12:09:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

You godamn racist!
View Quote

Is it racist if it turns out to be true?  Let's say for the sake of arguement that what ETH says can be corroborated.  What do you call him then?  Is he still 'racist' because he pointed out an ugly truth that you're uncomfortable dealing with?

Get a grip.

View Quote

Read the stat: (Is there much difference?)

Known "Single Victim/Single Offender" Murders: (6,434 Single Murders in 1999)

Link Posted: 4/9/2002 12:20:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

The "stat" is beside the point.  Without even considering the possibility that the allegation had merit, or doing adequate due-diligence, your kneejerk response was label ETH a racist.

Do a little research first.  If the facts support you, then "good for you."  If not, well, at least you didn't make an ass out of yourself and make a poor accusation.

The_Macallen: I looked at the link you provided and couldn't tell if the other stat: [u]Known "Single Victim/Single Offender" Murders:[/u] was White/Hispanic combined or not.  You have any further ref's?
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 12:26:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Now who is feeling uncomfortable?

This statement:

View Quote

Let me rephrase this way:

[b]It was only when the rates for the white citizens are added to the non-white, that the murder rates goes through the roof![/b]

How's that?

I don't have the problem with race, the problem I pointed out is that some people (like you) who don't know squat what they are talking about but keeping on pointing finger to the wrong direction.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 12:27:24 PM EDT
[#18]
90,000 Americans died of infections in hospitals last year, where is the outrage?

No AD's for me, but I am obsessive compulsive about checking the chamber and watching where my barrel is pointed.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 12:34:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Point 1: "White" includes Whites + Hispanics in the FBI data.

Eric's post referred to the rate of murders committed by white/non-minorities.

My post implied that information like that is probably not publically available anymore because the Gov't so conVEEEEEniently lumps whites with hispanics.

Point 2: Eric's post referred to the "rate" of murders committed by white/nonminorities - which would be a function of their numbers in the population. (currently 75% US population is "white alone")

IF the data for "white alone" murder offenders was known, we would know what the murder [b]rate[/b] was for whites and be able to compare it to non-whites in this population and other nations.

This is done for ages and sexes - and no one screams "ageism" or "sexism" - so why not separate the races in the data?
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 12:37:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Now who is feeling uncomfortable?

This statement:

View Quote

Let me rephrase this way:

[b]It was only when the rates for the white citizens are added to the non-white, that the murder rates goes through the roof![/b]

How's that?

I don't have the problem with race, the problem I pointed out is that some people (like you) who don't know squat what they are talking about but keeping on pointing finger to the wrong direction.
View Quote

Is your head screwed on too tight?

I never made a claim either way.  I was only pointing out your kneejerk comment without even considering the possiblity that it may be true.

As far as "knowing squat," I do find it interesting that the only resource you cite is one provided [b]AFTER[/b] you made your inital 'racist' charge.  Either you coincidentally had the same info at hand as The_Macallan did or you stuck your foot in your mouth and he pulled it out for you.

Please refrain from throwing moral thunderbolts, especially when you're wearing tinfoil underwear.

(edited for spelling)
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 12:38:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The_Macallen: I looked at the link you provided and couldn't tell if the other stat: [u]Known "Single Victim/Single Offender" Murders:[/u] was White/Hispanic combined or not.  You have any further ref's?
View Quote

As far as I could tell, the term "white" in the FBI UCR always refers to "white+hispanic" as there isn't a corresponding "hispanic" column in that data and that the footnotes define "white" as white+hispanic.

Link Posted: 4/9/2002 12:40:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
90,000 Americans died of infections in hospitals last year, where is the outrage?
View Quote

Ban bacteria!  For the children...

[:)]

Viper Out
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 12:44:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Yikes! Hey [b]SteyrAUG[/b], your thread has lost its rear stabilizer!  

Can't we all just stay on topic! [;)]

Let's not bicker about who killed who... this is supposed to be a happy occasion!

Now, let's hear some more good AD stories.  [grenade]

Link Posted: 4/9/2002 12:51:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

You godamn racist!
View Quote

Get a grip.

View Quote

That sounds just like something a Goddamn Racist would say! [rolleyes]

He was kidding, Skippy, just like I am.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 12:54:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Is it just me, or was AR_Rifle being sarcastic?  
I believe he was, guys.
View Quote

Either he's really good at being sarcastic or he's just not intellectually honest.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 12:56:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I believe he was, guys.
View Quote

Either he's really good at being sarcastic or he's just not intellectually honest.
View Quote
That's what smileys are for [;)]

Link Posted: 4/9/2002 1:00:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My response to the kid pointing my rifle at me and squeezing the trigger would have been to grab the muzzle, redirect it, and with my other hand, DECK HIS ASS OUT FLAT ON THE FLOOR.  Then a thorough ass chewing would ensue.  

One thing I will NOT tolerate around me is STUPIDITY with firearms.

Your response might vary, tho... hehehe

BTW, NO accidental or negligent discharges here.

View Quote

Today yes. But that was the first time I had ever seen anything like that. Completly caught off guard I had a "deer in the headlights" response. And I was only 14.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 1:03:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Depends on what you call accidental discharges.  I had one that was real scary, my buddy had taken apart his AK and when he reassembled it, the spring that holds the pins for the trigger group did not catch right.  During the day of shooting the pins walked and we didn't notice.  Pulled the charging handle and let it go.  The force of the bolt slamming home dropped the hammer.  BOOM! and there was a nice steaming 6" wide crater in the ground 15' in front of us and the sparks from the gilded jacket were still glowing on the grass.  We always try to be as careful as possible.  Follow the basic safety and handling rules and you will almost certainly avoid disaster.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 3:35:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I believe he was, guys.
View Quote

View Quote
That's what smileys are for [;)]

View Quote

I was...and yes I didn't put the smiley on.

I have great respect for Eric The Hun, as for the other idiots....He! He! He!...I am having fun with their head. [:)]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 3:48:51 PM EDT
[#30]
No ADs here - thankfully!

Tyler
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 4:05:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Thousands of rounds fired.  All of them intentionally.

Link Posted: 4/9/2002 4:08:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 4:42:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Where do you think you saw those numbers at, Eric?
My undergrad's in CJ, and it wasn't until the high level seminars that the profs would share in discussion (never on paper) that if not for blacks our incar rate would not be number one in world. (Some said the usual whites are bad to blacks pap, others thought it was because whites were judging blacks by white standards in the court system instead of the correct standards for their culture)
I did the math one time, they were right.
I never saw an over offender number broken out for just whites, though.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 4:55:12 PM EDT
[#34]
None here
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 5:27:39 PM EDT
[#35]
My Dad taught me how to shoot when I was 3 yrs old. He also taught me how to be safe. No AD's 28 years later. I hope my kids have the same luck.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 5:35:04 PM EDT
[#36]
There are some figures in the February 2002 issue of "The Firing Line", the California Rifle & Pistol Asso. newsletter. It's true that the FBI lumps Hispanics in with Whites, but many local jurisdictions do not and here are the figures from those jurisdictions:

[b]Homicide Rates per 100,000 Population[/b]

Austria 2.3
Switzerland 3.2
Germany 3.9
France 4.5
Whites (USA) 5.0
Italy 6.0
Hispanic (USA) 15.0
Puerto Rico (USA) 20.0
Blacks (USA) 43.4

Edited to add Puerto Rico.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 5:46:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Never had an AD. Definitely because I was brought up around guns and knew that they were not toys. Oh yeah, I never shot nobody neither.

[url]http://www.census.gov/population/cen2000/atlas/black_b.pdf[/url]

AR_Rifle - on an unrelated side note, blacks make up 12.9% of the US population.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 6:24:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Hey, y'all bein' racial now...

Is it racist if it is true?  I seem to recall a fellow (professor-type) a few years ago who conducted a study, and pointed out that Blacks were the most athletically inclined race on the planet - largely due to the evolutionary forces in Africa.  He was BUILDING UP Blacks, but that didn't stip Jesse HiJackson and his rent-a-mobs from going batshit and pulling the "Race" card.  Got so bad that this professor's higher-ups actually DEMANDED an apology to the Negroes for COMPLIMENTING them.  WTF, over?

I, for one, have become quite thoroly tired of hearing all the hue and cry of racism.  Besides, I will treat everyone alike - just like shit.  Perfect EEO.  No quotas, no AA - "Here you are all equally worthless."

As far as the ND topic, I can happily say that I have over 2.5 million rounds (hit that figure around 1992, and just quit counting afterwards) and have ZERO ND's and ZERO MID's (Mistaken Identitiy SHootings.)  This pleases me.

Granted, I learned to shoot from my granddad, who had a unique method.  If you made a mistake, he'd brain you one, and then say "Tell me why I did that."  You better get it right.  He didn't need to do it to me, but I saw my cousin get whacked in the head a few times...

FFZ
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 7:10:07 PM EDT
[#39]
no NDs myself, but someone i know had one in the basement of his house.  thankfully he was following MOST of the rules of safety and had it pointed in a safe direction.  also thankfully, there were three sheets of 1/2 inch plywood between him and the concrete wall.  slug stopped in last sheet of plywood.  no damage to wall.  needless to say, an eye opener.

fwiw, i do know of one firearm that will AD, yes, AD.

once heard of a shotgun (can't remember the make or model, sorry) that would AD when/if it had been subject to extreme temperature changes.  when it happened to the owner of the firearm, he took it to be tested to see if that's what caused it.  sure enough, they duplicated the exact same result with temperature changes.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 9:47:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Not me, but does this count?

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=107877[/url]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 10:58:45 PM EDT
[#41]
SteyrAUG, I had something similar happen to me a couple of weeks ago. I was playing pool against a friend(I don't like him but he comes over to our house anyway) when he saw my rifle(rem model 710) in the safe(the door was ajar) and proceeded to open the safe and pull my rifle out. By this time I was watching him pretty closely, but it seemed like he knew what he was doing so I took my turn and was about to shoot(remember we are playing pool) when I looked up to see the barrel pointed directly at my head.

Needless to say I promptly began to give him a verbal lashing. He managed to get out a couple of words...something to the effect of "It's not loaded." That is when I pointed out to him that the chamber was closed and the safety was off...and that he didn't know if it was loaded or not since he didn't check.

Now I know that I made a few mistakes, like leaving the safe unlocked, and letting him in the house...

I have learned a couple things from this however, such as making sure the safe is closed and that before I let someone handle a firearm I will find out if they understand basic safety.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 12:17:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

I believe you are missing one point:  blacks compose only about 14% of the U.S. population.  Yet blacks are committing 48.6% of the one-on-one murders, according to your own statistics.

Just to make it clear, in case anyone didn't notice this.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 12:19:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Only one instance comes to mind that could have resulted in a tragic accident. When I was 14 I would often show my friends my guns. Well one day a buddy brought his friend over and I was showing him my M1 carbine.
View Quote

Someone I used to know showed his girlfriend one of his handguns, and she did exactly that -- pointed it at him, laughed, and pulled the trigger.

Really, it was a pity it wasn't loaded, but that's another matter.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 12:42:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Not a single time has a firearm of mine gone off unintentionally. I realize that 12 years is not that long compared to what some of you are talking about, but not once, just the same.

Once watched an idiot stripped forcefully of a shotgun he was brandishing. Also saw the shell come flying out of the action as the stripper leveled the weapon at the strippee, who was laying on the ground. Very tense as my friend continued to jack shells out of the gun till it was unloaded. The idiot was then "invited" to leave, sans his shotgun which we shot the hell out of the next day.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 3:38:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I believe he was, guys.
View Quote

View Quote

Obviously you are too dumb to notice the sarcasm and as for intellectual, "intellectual" people don't go around using foul language. I put the sarcasm there without the smiley just to find out who among us have a big mouth with small brain.....and you fall right in!  He! He! He! [:)]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 3:54:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I believe you are missing one point:  blacks compose only about 14% of the U.S. population.  Yet blacks are committing 48.6% of the one-on-one murders, according to your own statistics.

Just to make it clear, in case anyone didn't notice this.
View Quote

Now, this is an intelligent observation.  I can go with that.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 4:05:02 AM EDT
[#47]
While cleaning my rifle, I shot my friend's head off, but luckily had a roll of duct tape and he is doing fine today.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 6:17:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
While cleaning my rifle, I shot my friend's head off, but luckily had a roll of duct tape and he is doing fine today.
View Quote

That must have been that "100 mph" tape we hear so much about.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 6:34:39 AM EDT
[#49]
I know a guy who had a ND in his basement.  It did go into the wall, but luckily nobody was hurt.  He put an empty frame around the bullet hole to remind him of his negligence that day.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 6:36:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Obviously you are too dumb to notice the sarcasm and as for intellectual, "intellectual" people don't go around using foul language. I put the sarcasm there without the smiley just to find out who among us have a big mouth with small brain.....and you fall right in!  He! He! He! [:)]
View Quote

I don't believe you.

You made an ass of yourself, got nailed with the stats (by me), then continued to dig yourself a deeper hole.

You weren't setting a trap, you were trying to find a way out of the mess you started while still saving face. You did neither.

Additionally, you selectively clipped out the relevant data I posted about the % of each race in the population and the fact that whites and hispanics were lumped together. You replied  using only [u]partial[/u] data that I posted while trying to make a point about the stats being similar.

You came across as unfunny, instigating and disingenuous; trying to backtrack and say you did it on purpose. [rolleyes]

Give it up. You came across as a jerk - don't try to save face by saying it was all done on purpose and you intended to have a some fun with us "big mouths".
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top