Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2002 9:15:11 PM EDT
The latest is that they are laying off 22 percent of their workforce, approximately 3300 people.  The stated reason:  They are "sending jobs overseas."

To hell with this f'ed up company, first for their support of the antis, now for this.  Like the limbo, "how low can they go?" [puke]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 9:20:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm. Can't imagine where the jobs would go.......... could it be............

[size=6][red][b]CHINA!!![/size=6][/red][/b]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 7:11:21 AM EDT
[#2]
They might as well make them in China, the last couple of pairs I bought did not last or have the quality that they had 20 years ago.  I am now buying generic jeans at Kohls and they fit better, are more comfortable, and seem to last as long or longer than the Levis.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 7:40:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 8:00:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Nope, they're going to Mexico.

I just love it...when some of us were calling for a boycott of Levis, a few beknighted individuals here made an impassioned plea to "not cause harm to a great American icon...a true American company with American roots and American workers, yadda, yadda".

Right.
I got your "American company".
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 8:56:25 AM EDT
[#5]
What the hell you talking about i can buy calif wine cheaper in oklahoma than you can in calf,  the same thing should happen in old mex you might be able to afford a pair of blue jeans again! At least untill the fighting gets over then the saudias,jews,maybe even euroupe will buy them out lock stock and barrell, they will have the euro money and ours will be worth less than the paper its printed on! SO forget about stocking up on lake city(which ain't gona be there)ammo and when you get a chance better jump on some jeans!  The rest of the world(we buy old levis)have been sucking them up for years , i quess only the hippies and the rest of the whole world has been digging the old faded tatterd jeans.  So like clean air,unspoiled streams they may be a thing of the past!  Better jump now if you want any!  (could be wrong so don't run out and get any 35x34 untill i tell you OK?)  bob cole   (hope i'm wrong) PS i would rather have a pair of bibs anyday!
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 9:00:38 AM EDT
[#6]
WHAT ARE YOU GUYS COMPLAINING ABOUT. WE ARE LIVING IN A CAPTALIST WASTELAND!!

Can't wait untill we are living in a Communist Utopia... How about you?   [USA]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 3:23:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm glad I live in a country were the government can't tell me where I can and cannot set up my business.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top