Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2002 2:43:50 PM EDT
I saw this one and just about crapped my pants:
[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020408/capt.1018302007.space_shuttle_ksc111.jpg[/img]

WAY too reminiscent of the Challenger explosion. [:(]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 2:53:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Excuse my ignorance, but what the hell is that a picture OF?

The latest in indian smoke signal technology? Greater bandwith for said technology?
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 2:57:02 PM EDT
[#2]
the scary thing is, my mom said, " you know, its a wonder those things dont blow up so much, with all the rocket fuel on them."  seconds later on TV  we hear about challenger.  dang my mom is erie. [shock]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 2:58:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Tinfoil hat says "That's exactly what they WANT you to think of".

Link Posted: 4/8/2002 3:39:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Excuse my ignorance, but what the hell is that a picture OF?

The latest in indian smoke signal technology? Greater bandwith for said technology?
View Quote

The small bright dot at the bottom is Space Shuttle Atlantis, [red]not[/red] an exploding booster rocket. . . .

To quote Yahoo/AP (I'd post the link, but it's in one of their "slideshows" and so it keeps changing as they add more photos):
"The space shuttle Atlantis, bottom, heads for orbit after launch at the Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral, Fla., Monday, April 8, 2002. The orbiter is on a mission to the international space station with a crew of seven. (AP Photo/Peter Cosgrove)"
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 4:34:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020408/capt.1018302007.space_shuttle_ksc111.jpg[/img]

View Quote

what is the little black dot under the large clompy cloud thing?  A: black hole?  B:  flying saucer.  C: edited w/ photo shop to start this convo in the first place.  D:  no clue!
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:08:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

what is the little black dot under the large clompy cloud thing?  A: black hole?  B:  flying saucer.  C: edited w/ photo shop to start this convo in the first place.  D:  no clue!
View Quote

B: Flying saucer[(:|)]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:23:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Thats a normal picture of a shuttle launch.  Something really annoying is the people that ask "Did the shuttle blow up?" when they see the boosters detach on live TV.  Its not too hard to understand that the boosters are dropped with some fuel remaining.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:30:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thats a normal picture of a shuttle launch.  Something really annoying is the people that ask "Did the shuttle blow up?" when they see the boosters detach on live TV.  Its not too hard to understand that the boosters are dropped with some fuel remaining.

Kharn
View Quote

Also, the SRB's are attached with explosive bolts. They don't "fall" off the shuttle, they are blown off. Still, I watched the launch today, & even though you're waiting for it at T plus 02.00, still make me wince every time I see it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top