Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2002 12:36:36 PM EDT
JUST OUT OF CUROSITY HOW DO YOU RATE THE NEWEST "BATTLE" GAMES OUT THERE..

1. OPERATION FLASHPOINT
THIS GAME IS AWESOME.. VERY REALISTIC ... I LIKE THAT YOU CAN PICK-UP ENEMY WEAPONS.LOVE THE WEAPONS VEIW. REALLY LIKE THE REALALISTIC KILL ZONES. ITS COOL BUT SOMETIMES ANNOYING THAT YOU CAN ONLY GET HIT ONCE OR TWICE. ITS NOT LIKE A GAME ...ITS AN EXPERIENCE..
2. MEDAL OF HONOR (WITH BLOOD PATCH)
GREAT GAME ALSO VERY REALISTIC. THE D-DAY INVASION IS AWESOME. GREAT SELECTION OF WEAPONS AND HISTORICALLY ACCURATE.
3. RETURN TO CASTLE WOLFENSTIEN
FUN GAME, BUT THE ZOMBIE AND HAVING TO GO THRU SO MANY DOORS SHIT IS A THING OF THE PAST.
4. GHOST RECON
JUST GOT IT, BUT I DONT LIKE THAT U CANT SEE THE WEAPONS .. DONT PARTICULLY LIKE THE GRAPHICS EITHER.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 12:40:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Flashpoint:  I haven't tried it

MoH:AA:  Currently my favorite game ever.  Found some new maps online, and there are some mods coming out for the game soon.  EA will be expanding it or making a sequel, however you want to term it.  I'm looking forward to that, too.  Didn't like the balance on some of the weapons... (M1 Garand is a little too weak, and the StG44 is too accurate and powerful, and would have rathered them use the G43 instead of the KAR 98K as the Axis rifle)

RTCW:  Ok gameplay, didn't like the plot or the supernatural stuff.  Put it away to play MoH:AA

Ghost Recon:  Good gameplay, love that you can go prone (you can't in MoH), but the graphics are severely lacking, you can't SEE someone until you're right up on them, or have the sniper.  Put that away to play MoH:AA

M@
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 12:44:30 PM EDT
[#2]
1- Ghost Recon. Took everything I loved about Rainbow Six Series and made it better.

2- Operation Flashpoint. It's simply the most realistic game I've ever played. Picking up weapons, weapon views, AI is excellent, and the bullets drop due to gravity. The only reason I put it as (2) is because after I upgraded to WIN XP, I'm having a hell of a time making the game work, got any ideas??

Wolfenstien and Medal of Honor are two games that I don't have. Is Medal of Honor worth the 49.99??? I never planned on getting wolfenstien, I hated the original and hated all the clones of Doom, so I passed this one up.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 1:00:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I liked Flashpoint but for some reason never really got into it.  Was too busy to play multiplayer and preferred the infantry stuff as opposed to driving a tank or a chopper.

MOHAA is good.

Wolfenstein is good but the multiplayer is awesome.

Liked Ghost Recon.  Biggest gripe is the team AI but everything can't be perfect I guess.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 1:30:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Ghost Recon is at the top of my list.  I played Rainbow 6 and Rogue Spear for years and had a blast.

Played Operation Flash Point for a while...It wasnt a bad game, I just could'nt get into it.

MOH:AA I enjoyed.  Never had an opportunity to play it in multiplayer.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein, was a fun game.  Again I never played it in multiplayer.

I've put down the battle games for now.  My current favorite is Freedom Force.  The multiplayer game is a little sparse but the single player game is a blast.  Being able to create and use your own super hero's was a nice touch.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 1:36:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Wolfenstien and Medal of Honor are two games that I don't have. Is Medal of Honor worth the 49.99??? I never planned on getting wolfenstien, I hated the original and hated all the clones of Doom, so I passed this one up.
View Quote

I think MoH is worth it... it takes about 8-10 hours to beat the single player, but provides HOURS of multiplayer fun.  There are more maps out there, and some mods in the works.  The single player game has some of the best graphics and music in any single player game I've seen.  To me, it's worth it.  I'll be first in line to buy the next in the MoH line.

M@
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 1:52:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Operation flashpoint is by FAR, the best GAME I have ever played.  Realistic missions, WIDE OPEN gameplay, each mission can be done at least 5 different ways, REAL weapons, and Physics (like bullet drop and cartridge size- wounding potential) are total real, can make your own missions and it is one of the most popular game worldwide, ever.

Never played ghost recon, for I know op flash is
the better of the 2 (similar games)

MOHAA is cool, but should've came out 2-3 years ago, linear gameplay just doesn't cut mustard anymore.

Wolfienstein yet again 2-3 years ago it would've been better game.

Out of MOHAA nad Wolf. MOHAA gets my vote. for being more authentic.
Wolf. has monsters and stuff, that stuff was cool when I was 10.

Operation Flashpoint is a game that you can put away for a few months (like what I'm doing right now) then pick it back up again, and it feels like I've never played it before.

Link Posted: 4/8/2002 4:09:24 PM EDT
[#7]

AR15FENCER said:
MoH:AA: Currently my favorite game ever. Found some new maps online, and there are some mods coming out for the game soon. EA will be expanding it or making a sequel, however you want to term it. I'm looking forward to that, too. Didn't like the balance on some of the weapons... (M1 Garand is a little too weak, and the StG44 is too accurate and powerful, and would have rathered them use the G43 instead of the KAR 98K as the Axis rifle)

Mods?  Do tell.  An Eastern Front version would be cool, if only because I want a game version of the PpSh41 with the 71rnd drum .  Maybe a SVT40 Tokarev sniper rifle, molotovs, & a Nagant revolver (silenced NKVD version, more punch than the Hi Standard).  Too bad MOH didn't have a flamethrower like Wolfenstein.  A portable version of the MG42 would be nice also.

The main thing I liked about Wolfenstein, besides the flamethrower, were the leather clad Nazi (lesbian?) witches.  

Link Posted: 4/8/2002 4:45:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I found RTCW more "fun" than MOHAA.  MOHAA had its bright spots but overall I found it a little boring. Wolf is much better on-line. I find Day of defeat 2.0 very good.  Havent played operation flashpoint or ghost recon. Never cared for rainbow6 so didnt think I would like the previous two mentioned.  Just getting ready to play jedi knight 2. Course I am still playing a lot of TFC.  Anyone heard anything about Q3F 2.0 that is coming out?
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:02:08 PM EDT
[#9]
as little time as i have to dick around with this stuff, I think Delta Force is great in multiplayer
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:34:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
as little time as i have to dick around with this stuff, I think Delta Force is great in multiplayer
View Quote

Yeah, I pretty much play Delta Force Land Warrior online exclusively.  My system is too slow to play the others with the graphics turned up.  Plus it is free and a lot of fun.  I actually don't play that much anymore though, maybe a couple times a month.  I used to be on it for a while every night.  Very addicting.

Can't wait to upgrade this computer so I can play MOH.  To many handguns to buy before that happens though.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 6:17:25 PM EDT
[#11]
flashpoint and ghost recon are not similar. One is large scale conventional warfare and the other is small squad special operations warfare. They're totally different. Ghost recon involves a lot of infiltration and direct action. Flashpoint involves more conventional infantry action. It's larger scale and personally I think it's more fun. I like open terrain combat, none of the sneaking around like in Ghost recon.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 8:05:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I love GHOST RECON! You can get some really AWESOME weapons mods!
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 8:20:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

1. OPERATION FLASHPOINT
THIS GAME IS AWESOME.. VERY REALISTIC ... I LIKE THAT YOU CAN PICK-UP ENEMY WEAPONS.LOVE THE WEAPONS VEIW. REALLY LIKE THE REALALISTIC KILL ZONES. ITS COOL BUT SOMETIMES ANNOYING THAT YOU CAN ONLY GET HIT ONCE OR TWICE. ITS NOT LIKE A GAME ...ITS AN EXPERIENCE..
2. MEDAL OF HONOR (WITH BLOOD PATCH)
GREAT GAME ALSO VERY REALISTIC. THE D-DAY INVASION IS AWESOME. GREAT SELECTION OF WEAPONS AND HISTORICALLY ACCURATE.
FUN GAME, BUT THE ZOMBIE AND HAVING TO GO THRU SO MANY DOORS SHIT IS A THING OF THE PAST.
4. GHOST RECON
JUST GOT IT, BUT I DONT LIKE THAT U CANT SEE THE WEAPONS .. DONT PARTICULLY LIKE THE GRAPHICS EITHER.
View Quote

hrmmm could KEEP OFF THE FREAKIN CAPS. in case you didn't know thats considered SHOUTING on the internet.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 9:18:28 PM EDT
[#14]
I play Day Of Defeat almost exclusively. Hooked. Helps when you have a buddy on a computer next to yours with a LAN line. Loads of fun.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 11:50:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Want to expand your Operation Flashpoint experience by about,...oh [b]six million times[/b]?
explore these sites, and all of their links, download a bunch of new weapons/vehicles/aircraft/terrain/utilities, and learn how to use the mission editor fluently
this is one of the most expandable games (as far as addons and such) ever.
[url]www.ofpeditingcenter.com[/url]
[url]www.OPERATIONFLASHPOINT.cz[/url]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 12:10:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

I love this game.  I don't think I've played the single user version though.  Zombies just don't do it for me.

I play this one online about every other day.  It's an objective orientated game where you are part of a team.  It's like Medal of Honor, but I like it better then Medal of Honor.  We're all just a big happy family of murderous gamers in there.

But we're murderous gamers on a team and with an agenda.

Groovy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top