Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2002 10:14:14 AM EDT
I figure anyone who has the brains not to let herself get screwed by US tax code is okay in my book.

Look at California. They tax airline pilots CA state income tax based on how many hours they spend in the air over California, even if they are not residents of the state.

The tax code is BS. My hat's off to the woman.

Edited to add: I'm married, have a baby girl, and reserve all my perversions for my wife. So, I ain't trying to make any points here. :)
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 10:24:02 AM EDT
[#1]

Originally Posted By tatjana

I'm highly unlikely to date anyone from ar15.com so what's the fuss?
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 10:31:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Originally Posted By tatjana

I'm highly unlikely to date anyone from ar15.com so what's the fuss?
View Quote
View Quote

Poor Imbroglio, another dream up in smoke. [B)]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 12:20:16 PM EDT
[#3]
What, not a real person?

Now I gotta go wipe some egg of my face.

Serves me right for being nice.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 12:31:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Now, would that be the *big* hat, or the *little* hat?

[:P]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 12:35:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Look at California. They tax airline pilots CA state income tax based on how many hours they spend in the air over California, even if they are not residents of the state.
View Quote

ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 12:35:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're kidding right?
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 12:44:51 PM EDT
[#7]
It's true, but there's a 50% threshold.

Airline Employees

The wages of nonresident flight personnel (e.g., pilot, flight attendant) are not taxable by California unless more than 50% of the individual’s scheduled flight time is in or over California. If more than 50% of the scheduled flight time is in or over California, wages are apportioned to California in the ratio of time spent in or over California to the total scheduled flight time.

Flight personnel who are California residents are taxed on all wages received regardless of where the flight time is spent.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 12:52:25 PM EDT
[#8]
A few years ago some dickhead attempted to get satellites taxed while they were over Calif...!
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 1:06:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 1:13:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A few years ago some dickhead attempted to get satellites taxed while they were over Calif...!
View Quote

The latest attempt was [b]this year![/b]  I'm sorry, but you Kalifornians live in a damn nutty state.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 1:14:09 PM EDT
[#11]
We need a flat tax.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 2:25:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Uh, the states tax us because we let them!  Most states that have income taxes will tax your earnings that have been earned both in and out of that state. You may be able to claim a tax credit for taxes paid to another state though.  Baseball, football and hockey players etc. pay state income taxes to each state that they play in.

The tax code is there for you to take advantage of.  Every taxpayer should only pay the minimum tax required by law.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top