Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2002 7:59:49 AM EDT
Last week I made plans with two of my former CCW students to go to the range on Saturday. We had plenty of handguns with us of all calibers. I spent most of the time tweaking their stances, grips, etc. All in all a good time. Right before leaving, I said I had brought along a surprise, and pulled the AR15 out of the truck. Thye both looked at it a little hesitantly, as they are still fairly new to guns in general. I gave them a quick operations and safety demo, and handed it off for a try out. The basic response was, "This is great!", and "I've got to get one of these!". Gotta love it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 8:12:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 8:53:35 AM EDT
[#2]

[i]"I've got to get one of these!".[/i]

Like a pebble in a pond causing ripples to spread, who knows how many more converts will eventually be won over because of your simple little act that day.

Well done [b]Malpaso[/b]. [beer]

Link Posted: 4/8/2002 9:33:01 AM EDT
[#3]
That's the same type of act that made me a disciple of the black rifle.

I worked with a Vietnam vet at a previous job.  He knew I was into guns, but primarily hunting handguns and shotguns.  So when the discussion turned to guns one day at work and I mentioned I'd never fired an "evil" black rifle, he said we have to fix that.  The next day he showed up at work with his Colt CAR-15 (16" barrel, no forward assist or brass deflector, A1 sights, tele stock, and 20 rd mags).  He let me borrow it for the weekend to play with.  I was hooked.  Less than a year later I'd saved my overtime checks an bought one for myself.

Job well done!  The more people that realize an assault rifle is actually a fun gun the better off we'll all be.  (Of course, I'm preaching to the choir)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top