Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2001 8:26:57 PM EDT
Hi,
I was just reading up on the P90 and absolutly love that gun. I was wondering if anyone here knows if there are any plans to make a civillian P90 that's semi-only or if that would be possible. Just an idea...flame at will.
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 8:47:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I would like to have a P-90 in any form.  I talked to an FN rep at the shot show, he pretty much said don't count on a civilian version of the P-90 and the 5-7 pistol, because of the AP properties of the 5.7 round.  It looks like it will be a LE, Military only weapon.  Dare to dream though.
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 8:58:01 PM EDT
[#2]
never happen. even ignoring the AP properties of the 5.7 mm. think of the barrel you would have to have on that thing, that would take all the fun out if it there. and their would be NO hi cap mags for it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 9:01:28 PM EDT
[#3]
If you have to have 1,there is a new Airsoft version coming out soon.It even has dummy cartridges in the magazine.Seriosly.I know i cant spell.

PS:Its full auto 2.
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 9:53:53 PM EDT
[#4]
We had a chance to buy P90s 2 years ago, but we deemed then that the price was high, so they were sold out and we were left biting our nails.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 6:39:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I would love one. Maybe I will join the sheriff's department just to get one.
[pistol]
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 7:03:46 AM EDT
[#6]
007,how much will the airsoft version run and do you know the mag capacity?Thanks
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 7:19:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
never happen. even ignoring the AP properties of the 5.7 mm. think of the barrel you would have to have on that thing, that would take all the fun out if it there. and their would be NO hi cap mags for it.
View Quote

Just to reiterate, BATF considers the 5.7mm a 'NON-sporting' cartridge, so there is no way in hell it'll ever be approved for US civilian sales.  Plus of course it would only accept a 10rd mag, have to have a bbl of at least 16", conform to the AW and import bans, etc...  Even if they did allow it, it would be a VERY expensive, even uglier, neutered, 10rd cap version of the real thing.

Besides, my understanding is that the gun pretty marginal at best.  Apparently the 'revolutionary' 5.7mm sucks, and doesn't penetrate worth a damn.  The fancy side feeding mag jams up if you smack the gun on the stock hard enough.  Just my $.02.

Link Posted: 3/24/2001 11:25:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
007,how much will the airsoft version run and do you know the mag capacity?Thanks
View Quote

From what I understand it will be in the typical $200-$400 range and most likly hold between 200 and 400 rds.

PS. Have you seen the Vulcan Cannon (ie:Mini-Gun)looks identical to the one on the movie Predator, has a very large battery, and holds 2000 rds,it shoots 2000RPM!
Easily waste the neighborhood cat!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top