Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2002 6:06:14 PM EDT
A couple of weeks ago I took SCUBA lessons with a CPA.After our last dives we got to know each other a bit and our families went out to dinner.He asked me some numbers questions about my businesses and asked if I took advantage of Air Miles on credit cards.
I'm a Contractor and with some large ongoing commercial accounts and the money I spend on consumables and such is quite a bit.
Needless to say this sounds like a cool thing and I need to get in on this.
Do any of you guys use an air miles credit card?
I don't owe any money to any credit card nor do I plan on it but I'm thinking the lower the interest rate and higher the reward (if possible)would be the ticket for me any way.
Could any of you reccomend the best card company that might fit my needs,or possibly what to look out for?
Thanks.
Andy

Edited because I still can't spell worth a shit
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 6:14:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I use a MasterCard with Airmiles.  I use it for all of my job related purchases.  

Two years ago I took my wife, two kids and Inlaws ( big mistake ) to florida for free on the airmiles I had collected.  Now I have about another 5000 collected again.  But next time it will be the wife and I only.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 6:24:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey. Don't know who you bank with but if you're not wanting credit card debt. Bank of America actually has airline mile debit cards. They also have airline mile credit cards. If you get them both with the same company you could get miles really fast. Just a thought.
Scott
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 6:30:10 PM EDT
[#3]
For years, I had an American Airlines Master Card. I would charge everything, including groceries and the like, and pay the full balance every month. On every vacation, every summer, the airfare was free. The card was issued by Citibank. Then a couple of years ago, Citibank started giving gun owners/dealers a load of crap, so I changed my main card to an NRA card. I don't get my free airline tickets, but I'm contributing to the cause on a daily basis.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 6:46:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Do it!  You can run many business expenses through on your card, and pay them off at the end of the month.  You'd be surprised how many things you can charge.  The determining factor will probably be which card your major suppliers accept.

Check here for comparisons of different programs:

[url]http://www.bankrate.com/brm/rate/cc_ratehome.asp?web=brm&card_type=Rebate&airmile=A&newr1=108[/url]

I particularly like the American Express program, because the miles can be applied to almost any airline.  Otherwise, most cards are usually tied to one airline.

Have fun!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top