Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2002 5:50:26 PM EDT
I still have the open sites that came with my colt ar. I was wondering  if there is more accurate open sites available?
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 6:29:59 PM EDT
[#1]
If you really have a problem with your iron sights, they are easily replaced - are you sure that is the "accuracy" problem?

Tyler
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 6:42:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Or are you looking for a different sighting mechanism all together??  How about taking the front sight post and filing a notch like this
\/ in it ; or cut it at a 45 like this /\.  Might Help?? Something to give you a point versus the block at the end.  

So that your sight picture ends up looking like this. ( . )  or (/\) or (\/) instead of (||) . Just an idea.  The Inverted V may give you the most precision and obliterate less of your target. Trying to do that to something that small may require a precision filer and a fly tieing magnifying glass.

Ben

Link Posted: 4/8/2002 10:21:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I still have the open sites that came with my colt ar. I was wondering  if there is more accurate open sites available?
View Quote

At first I thought you were talking about ar15.com, versus some other, friendlier more open "site".  But anyway, I only have a couple open "sites" on my rifle, one where the magazine goes, one where shells come out and one where da bullets come out.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 10:40:16 AM EDT
[#4]
The AR15 has excellent sights for a military-style rifle.  Where do you find them lacking?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top