Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2002 5:03:34 PM EDT
Arafat's suicide plan
Agence France-Presse
07apr02

PALESTINIAN leader Yasser Arafat has threatened to commit suicide in front of Israeli soldiers who came face to face with him, German weekly magazine Focus reports in it's edition due out on Monday.

The magazine quotes an Israeli soldier who said he was part of a group of soldiers surrounding Arafat's West Bank headquarters in Ramallah who found themselves by mistake facing Arafat.

He said Arafat pointed a gun to his head and threatened to pull the trigger if the soldiers approached any further.

Arafat reaffirmed this week he would only leave his headquarters as a "martyr", in response to Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's offer of a "one way" journey out of the Palestinian territories.

Israel invaded the Palestinian territories on March 29, after a wave of deadly suicide bombings on Israeli targets.

Arafat is under siege in Ramallah and more than 1,100 Palestinians have been detained.
--------------------------------------------

Oh just a little further... touch him on the shoulder... maybe a hug... it's for the children.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 5:05:28 PM EDT
[#1]

LETS WISH THE MOTHER F'ER CONTINUED SUCCESS IN HIS ENDEAVOURS !!!!!
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 5:06:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 5:07:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 5:13:05 PM EDT
[#4]

The magazine quotes an Israeli soldier who said he was part of a group of soldiers surrounding Arafat's West Bank headquarters in Ramallah who found themselves by mistake facing Arafat.

He said Arafat pointed a gun to his head and threatened to pull the trigger if the soldiers approached any further.
View Quote

So, why didn't soldier take a step ???? I would've.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 5:16:08 PM EDT
[#5]
too bad, so sad, bubye.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 5:22:15 PM EDT
[#6]
i got 8am in the office pool!
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 5:22:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

So, why didn't soldier take a step ???? I would've.
View Quote

While doing my best Rebel Yell.  [:D]
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 5:25:49 PM EDT
[#8]
somebody get on the horn and shout some encouragement!

martyr my ass
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 5:58:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Keep in mind that Arafat has also said he wants peace. Even had the soldiers taken a step or ten towards him, I doubt Arafat would have done anything more than take a step or twenty backwards. Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 5:59:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I would prefer an Iraelie do the deed but anything that results in him dead suits me just fine!!!!  There can never be peace as long as he is alive spewing his lies.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 6:01:24 PM EDT
[#11]
What are you waiting for Arafat? [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 6:10:44 PM EDT
[#12]
why didn't the Israeli soldier just take care of that asshole himself when he had the chance?

"...er, um, my gun just went off!  Damn these floating firing pins!"
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 6:14:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I think that we need to send in Dr. Kevorkian to help Arafat to be more successful in (end of) life.

I'd be glad to help Arafat commit suicide.

I can see the line of inquiry following the 'suicide' now:

"Sir, he committed suicide.  I saw him do it with my own eyes."

"Well, yeah, Captain, we know he's dead, but we question if it was really suicide or not.  Some things don't add up.   How did he manage to cut his own head completely off AND shoot himself in the head thirty times with a gun that only had
a ten round magazine?

"I don't really know the answer to that, sir, but I know that he was always very dedicated to whatever task he chose to pursue.....oh, by the way, I'm missing one thirty round magazine. I think I dropped it on patrol. I need to run down to the supply room and replenish it, if you don't mind, sir."

CJ

Link Posted: 4/7/2002 6:17:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Let's not give him the satisfaction.
If we could find (pay off) a Palistine to do the deed it would take some of the wind out of that scumbags sails.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 6:22:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I think that we need to send in Dr. Kevorkian to help Arafat to be more successful in (end of) life.

"Well, yeah, Captain, we know he's dead, but we question if it was really suicide or not.  Some things don't add up.   How did he manage to cut his own head completely off AND shoot himself in the head thirty times with a gun that only had
a ten round magazine?

"I don't really know the answer to that, sir, but I know that he was always very dedicated to whatever task he chose to pursue.....oh, by the way, I'm missing one thirty round magazine. I think I dropped it on patrol. I need to run down to the supply room and replenish it, if you don't mind, sir."
View Quote

I have to say I'm surprised to see you taking obvious glee in this death fantasy for Arafat, cmjohnson, especially after the righteous pontificating I was subject to in the "Ramallah Pictures" thread. Is this a special case where you're somehow exempt from your own standards of humanity, good taste and deportment, or is there something else going on here?
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 6:45:16 PM EDT
[#16]
To respond at the same level of most of these posts: I would gladly load the mag.

However, this is no computer game, many people are already dead and possibly the future of the Middle East is involved here – real people, real blood! And maybe an irrevocable escalation of the conflict.

Perhaps we might regret being so glib with our (5,000 mile distant) comments if some Israeli kid with a gun really does turn Arafat into a martyr!
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 6:51:44 PM EDT
[#17]
All I can say is:

[size=6] SEE YA [/size=6]
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 6:52:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

a ten round magazine?

View Quote

I have to say I'm surprised to see you taking obvious glee in this death fantasy for Arafat, cmjohnson, especially after the righteous pontificating I was subject to in the "Ramallah Pictures" thread. Is this a special case where you're somehow exempt from your own standards of humanity, good taste and deportment, or is there something else going on here?
View Quote

No, it's simple enough.   I DO see Arafat as a human being, and not as an animal.   But he's made enough bad choices in his life (as in, to become a terrorist and later to harbor terrorists and become a leader to them) that I see no problem in helping him to meet Allah.  My conscience is quite clear on this issue.  He's human, but a bad one.  Pop him like a zit and let the head office determine what happens to him in the afterlife.

I've never been one to advocate turning the other cheek and I'm not a big fan of 'live and let live' when dealing with people who've willingly committed atrocities against innocent people.    

I simply refuse to think of them as anything other than fellow human beings...really screwed up ones that need dire punishment, but still human beings.

I hope that clarifies it.

CJ
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 6:59:19 PM EDT
[#19]
WW1- palistine sides with the Ottoman Turks.

WW2- palistine sides with the Nazis

The cold war- palistine sides with soviet communism.

The gulf war- palistine sides with Saddam.

If 1 group of people has ever needed new leadership, they are it.

Link Posted: 4/7/2002 7:00:25 PM EDT
[#20]
No. You did here exactly what you excoriated me and others for in the other thread: took joy and humor in the death of another person. Split hairs how you like, but that doesn't change the facts.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 7:16:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
To respond at the same level of most of these posts: I would gladly load the mag.

However, this is no computer game, many people are already dead and possibly the future of the Middle East is involved here – real people, real blood! And maybe an irrevocable escalation of the conflict.

Perhaps we might regret being so glib with our (5,000 mile distant) comments if some Israeli kid with a gun really does turn Arafat into a martyr!
View Quote

The ratio of Palestinian dead to Israeli is roughly 10:1 now. Few see any problems with blind allegiance to Israel.

The middle east is days from exploding and in ways I cannot imagine.
Americans are going to die because Israel wants to continue to occupy the Territories.  Too many Israeli settlements have been allowed where there should be none for the Israeli government to turn back.

Don't know if you caught the news about Bush's call to Sharon. "One aid described the approximately 30-minute call as brutal." Tony Blair delivered the EU's message to Bush and that message must have also been harsh.

Powell is off to visit several Arab countries before reaching Israel in about five days.  Sharon will continue until probably the day before Powell arrives and then begin at least the pretense of a pull-out.

Egypt and Jordan are days from breaking with Israel.  When the two moderate Arab states go only God can help.

The U.S. has no credibility in the middle east.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 7:22:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Is this a pay-per-view event?

ARH
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 7:24:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Subsailor, I agree with with many of your points, but must respectfully disagree with one.
The US does have credibility in the mideast. It's called "the taliban". Remember those jokers? Every other tinhorn dictator in the middle east does too.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 7:34:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Subsailor, I agree with with many of your points, but must respectfully disagree with one.
The US does have credibility in the mideast. It's called "the taliban". Remember those jokers? Every other tinhorn dictator in the middle east does too.
View Quote

Understand and many of the Muslim countries helped against the Afghan although some did so quietly.

What we really need short term is for the Muslim countries to play the oil card.  Longer term if we can just force the Muslims into a coalition with either China or Russia we can return to a virtual state of war with that part of the world.

For at least he twentieth time I say neither Israel nor the Palestinian Territories are of any strategic value to the United States.  The United States and some few true allies are what I care about.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 7:37:57 PM EDT
[#25]
It's heartening to see all these warm Christian sentiments.  God Bless.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 7:52:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I hope I am working the suicide crisis line if he calls "What the heck are you waiting for?"
View Quote

*ROFLMAO*

Quoted:
View Quote

Listen, I'm here in Michigan, and with a couple "peace activists" we could bust him out to carry out his divinely ordained mission for world peace.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 8:17:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Jordan and Egypt are hardly Moderate...They simply try to look that way to the US.

Jordan's military attacked Israel in 1948 and 1967. Palestinians are for all intents and purposes Jordanians. Jordan occupied Jeruselam in 1967, if I remember correctly.

Egypt's military attacked Israel in 1948, 1954 (?) 1967, and 1972 (?) (can't remember the exact years).

Saudi Arabia's military attacked Israel in 1948 and 1967 and the king is still actively financing palestinian terrorists in Israel.

Syria's military attacked Israel in 1948 and 1967. Syrian terrorists has carried out repeated rocket attacks on Israeli civilians  until 1967, when Israel occupied the Golan Heights. Syria is a state sponsor of Hamas.

Lebanon's military attacked Israel in 1948 and 1967. Lebanese terrorists carried out repeated attacks into Northern Israel until 1967 (?), when Israel occupied Southern Lebanon (which it gave back to the Arabs several years ago.) Lebanon is a state sponsor of Hizzbullah.

Iraq's military attacked Israel in 1967 and 1991 and is actively financing palestinian terorists in Israel.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 8:30:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Jordan and Egypt are hardly Moderate...They simply try to look that way to the US.

Jordan's military attacked Israel in 1948 and 1967. Palestinians are for all intents and purposes Jordanians. Jordan occupied Jeruselam in 1967, if I remember correctly.

Egypt's military attacked Israel in 1948, 1954 (?) 1967, and 1972 (?) (can't remember the exact years).

Saudi Arabia's military attacked Israel in 1948 and 1967 and the king is still actively financing palestinian terrorists in Israel.

Syria's military attacked Israel in 1948 and 1967. Syrian terrorists has carried out repeated rocket attacks on Israeli civilians  until 1967, when Israel occupied the Golan Heights. Syria is a state sponsor of Hamas.

Lebanon's military attacked Israel in 1948 and 1967. Lebanese terrorists carried out repeated attacks into Northern Israel until 1967 (?), when Israel occupied Southern Lebanon (which it gave back to the Arabs several years ago.) Lebanon is a state sponsor of Hizzbullah.

Iraq's military attacked Israel in 1967 and 1991 and is actively financing palestinian terorists in Israel.
View Quote

I'm sure you are correct and when Egypt and Jordan (not moderate) break their ties with Israel there will be no adverse consequence.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 8:34:55 PM EDT
[#29]
I have some extra 9mm i can send him.

Link Posted: 4/7/2002 8:36:36 PM EDT
[#30]
What possible 'adverse consequences' could there be from the two weak sisters?

Are they gonna try and attack Israel again and get their asses handed back to them for a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, hmmm [b]6th[/b] time?

Maybe they should go against Israel bare-handed this time, just so they won't have to leave any weapons behind![:D]

Eric The(It'dBeAReal'WeenieRoast'AllRight!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 8:47:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Jarhead, obviously you're going to think what you want to regardless of the evidence.  So be it.

I will make one more posting on the matter, which will clarify my position.

I believe firmly that if Arafat had been permitted to go his own way, he would have become as bad as Adolph Hitler but in a somewhat different way.

I have no reservations in saying that I would CELEBRATE his death.   If it were my task to do so, I would kill him myself and with no remorse.

But I would never deny that he is a human being. A very screwed up one that deserves death, but not an animal.   I would not drag his corpse through the streets behind a herd of pigs and I would not abuse the corpse.   I'd grant him that much human dignity even as I put a bullet through his brain.

We all have our limits.  There is a line a person can cross that removes him from any chance of him receiving compassion or sympathy from me.   Arafat has crossed that line, while the man who's shooting at people who are invading his home are not.

I'm done explaining that.  I shouldn't have had to in the first place.

CJ

Link Posted: 4/7/2002 8:54:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
But I would never deny that he is a human being. A very screwed up one that deserves death, but not an animal.   I would not drag his corpse through the streets behind a herd of pigs and I would not abuse the corpse.   I'd grant him that much human dignity even as I put a bullet through his brain.
View Quote

My friend, let's not forget that it was you who cut into me on the Ramallah pics thread, and I never suggested anywhere that anyone was an animal, or that their corpse should in anyway be abused.

Arafat has crossed that line, while the man who's shooting at people who are invading his home are not.
View Quote

That guy [s]is[/s] was a tool of Arafat, and that's what got him killed.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 9:00:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Keep in mind that Arafat has also said he wants peace. Even had the soldiers taken a step or ten towards him, I doubt Arafat would have done anything more than take a step or twenty backwards. Just my opinion.
View Quote

Agree'd, I think his staying alive during this whole thing in some sick and twisted way is part the plan as a whole.

I mean come on! He uses his own life as a way to hold back solders, he's just playin the part.

He wouldn't dare kill himself over something like this. That's what he's got the sheeple for. He is as big as a hypicrate as Osama.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 9:08:37 PM EDT
[#34]
What a POS this Arafat fellow really is - check out this story:

[size=4]ARAFAT ORDERS: NO NEGOTIATIONS[/size=4]
Sun Apr 7 2002 23:26:26 ET

The WASHINGTON TIMES on Monday will report: Yasser Arafat has ordered a group of around 200 militant gunmen, Palestinian police and civilians holed up inside Bethlehem's Church of the Nativity complex to refuse any deal for resolving the standoff, the governor of Bethlehem said in a telephone interview from inside the church last night.

"Our instructions from president Arafat were very clear," Bethlehem Gov. Mohamed el-Madani said on a cellular phone reaching the end of its batteries. "We cannot negotiate anything with the Israelis. We are staying until there is a solution, which is that the Israelis withdraw their troops not just from around the church but from all of Bethlehem and go back home."

END

See article at:[url]http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3.htm[/url]

I say if anything happens to this church - the Mosque of the Gold Dome goes down! Those A-holes should never have run into a Church - godless Bastids!

When did the Israelis ever run into a mosque?

Stand and fight you cowards!

Eric The(OrJustSquealLikeLittlePigs)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 9:16:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 10:05:04 PM EDT
[#36]
If the POS does, I hope they show it on TV so I can video tape it, run it in a loop, and do shots !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top