Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2002 4:09:45 PM EDT
I am thinking of holding a fun day for .22LR at my club once our new outdoor range is finished ( our indoor was just completed)

So far I want to hold a mini rifle match in the indoor range.

[url]http://www.minirifle.co.uk/frames/fhome.htm[/url]

I also want to have a dueling plate competition similar to that featured on the Outdoor games.

The only other game I can think of is a Buzz saw event.

Does anyone else have any other game idea??

I want to encourage members to get out and start using th ranges.  Everyone has a .22 hiding in the house somewhere....
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 6:31:49 PM EDT
[#1]
A littel game I call "crackers"
go buy yourself a box of saltines crackers and get the attched to a target stand faceing you. try and shoot the cracker in half along the perferation. try and get as close to the line as possible.
it makes you crackers[BD]
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 9:43:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Uncooked eggs. Range is 100 yards. Any sights, offhand position. If restricted to iron sights reduce range to 50 yards.
Could be set up as a team even, number of rounds against a dozen eggs. Surviving eggs to be used as projectile against shooters or as penalty points.
Sniper event. One egg one round. Participants are eliminated until "master scrambler" is crowned.
Regards

ACK
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 9:51:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Umm, crackers, time for a midnight snack.  Stapling balloons to a scrap piece of wood makes for a fun and inexpensive dueling tree.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 10:25:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I always wanted to try splitting a .22lr bullet on an axe blade, thus creating two projectiles that break two balloons (one mounted on each side of the axe blade.) I know muzzleloaders do this offhand at 25yds. Maybe, try it from a bench at 50yds with a good 22. You can also string up charcoal briskets . They make a good "poof" when hit solidly. Aren't .22s fun!  

* What's the "Buzz saw" event?

Link Posted: 4/8/2002 4:13:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Buzz saw is a race to cut a 1x2 with a .22 or a 2x4 with a centrefire handgun.

I am going to build two pivoting holders for the wood.  The wood will prevent them from swinging free.

Once you break the wood it will swing free and be detected by a proximity sensor.  This will turn on a light to indicate the winner.

It should be plenty of fun..

ACK   we are going ot have an entire day decicated to an egg shoot.

Splitting bullets sounds like gun as well....never tried briquets...Hmmmmm

Link Posted: 4/8/2002 4:15:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Buzz saw is a race to cut a 1x2 with a .22 or a 2x4 with a centrefire handgun.

I am going to build two pivoting holders for the wood.  The wood will prevent them from swinging free.

Once you break the wood it will swing free and be detected by a proximity sensor.  This will turn on a light to indicate the winner.

It should be plenty of fun..

ACK   we are going ot have an entire day decicated to an egg shoot.

Splitting bullets sounds like gun as well....never tried briquets...Hmmmmm

Sniper...dueling trees have plates that can swing back and forth.  You try and knock yours over and keep them there at the same time trying to keep the other guys plates at bay....while he is doing the same thing.

View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top