Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2002 9:24:34 AM EDT
Tis last week a local gun store was broken into and about 70 guns taken.  All were pistols or assault weapons.

A friend of mine talked to a policeman who investigated.  The police said that that most likely the guns will be taken out of the country and sold in Europe.

Evidently there is a tremendous underground market for weapons on the streets of London.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 9:31:28 AM EDT
[#1]
You may not have noticed all of the news articles recently, but gun crime in England and Austrailia is sky high right now and only getting worse.

Seems a bit far fetched that weapons from your area would go that far since there are tons of Com. Block weapons a lot closer, but it is posible.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 10:06:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The police said that that most likely the guns will be taken out of the country and sold in Europe.
View Quote

That silly misinformed police officer!  They can't take those guns to Europe.  That would be ILLEGAL!  That's why they have all of those gun laws - they make us safer.

Rosie O'Donnell hugs to everyone!!!
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 10:18:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Pure bs--the cop wants you to think he knows what is going on when in fact he's just a buffoon.  

The guns going into the UK are mostly from the continent and the former Soviet republics.  Why would you steal guns in the US and not sell them in the US?  There is heavy demand for those kinds of guns right here and much less risk involved.  Duh!  

Link Posted: 4/7/2002 10:21:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 10:49:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Criminals in the UK and Europe get REAL "assault weapons".

Just my .02

Biggame223

Out
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 10:52:56 AM EDT
[#6]
The term "assault weapon" is a political one. There is, technically, no such thing as an "assault weapon".
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 10:55:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The term "assault weapon" is a political one. There is, technically, no such thing as an "assault weapon".
View Quote

Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
GG
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 10:57:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I think that it's more likely they will be taken out of the country and sold in [b]California[/b]!
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 10:59:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

if your read the '94 crime bill you will see that technically , acording to US law, their is such thing as an assualt weapon. it is a semiauto rifle with a any 2 of many evil features, as we all sadly know
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 11:18:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think that it's more likely they will be taken out of the country and sold in [b]California[/b]!
View Quote

Hahahaaha
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 11:58:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

if your read the '94 crime bill you will see that technically , acording to US law, their is such thing as an assualt weapon. it is a semiauto rifle with a any 2 of many evil features, as we all sadly know
View Quote

Again, "assault weapon" is a political, or if you prefer, a legal, as opposed to technical,  term. There is a legal definition but there is no functional definition. Besides, since "assault weapons" are by definition illlegal, the gunstore in question could not have been offering them for sale.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 12:09:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Again, "assault weapon" is a political, or if you prefer, a legal, as opposed to technical,  term. There is a legal definition but there is no functional definition. Besides, since "assault weapons" are by definition illlegal, the gunstore in question could not have been offering them for sale.
View Quote

I agree that "assault weapon" is merely a political construct, you are wrong in stating that gun stores can't legally sell them.  

By definition, any preban is an "assault weapon" .

Link Posted: 4/7/2002 12:24:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree that "assault weapon" is merely a political construct, you are wrong in stating that gun stores can't legally sell them.  

By definition, any preban is an "assault weapon" .

View Quote

I stand corrected. Of course the "assault weapons" in question could have been pre-ban. Though I'm sure you'll agree that in all likelyhood they were only self-loaders of military appearance.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 12:26:28 PM EDT
[#14]
A number of guns were stolen from a relative of mine on the East Coast, we always get a safe and an alarm system after we get robbed, anyway here is what the cops said then.

The guns are typically bought by someone and stored away in a rental storage unit.  When that person has a couple hundred guns stashed, they will take all of them out of state and sell them.

I think less than 2 months later, a Colt Mustang that was one of the stolen guns turned up in the commission of a crime in Kansas.  The serial numbers had been ground off but FBI brought them back up no problem.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 12:56:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Why would you steal 70 guns and sell them in the United States for maybe 50-75 of retail if you could sell them in the Europe for 3-4 times US retail? The cop may not have been correct in his assessment of the situation but I don't think that makes him wrong, or what he said impossible.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 1:02:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
A friend of mine talked to a policeman who investigated.  The police said that that most likely the guns will be taken out of the country and sold in Europe.

Evidently there is a tremendous underground market for weapons on the streets of London.
View Quote

That's just crazy talk.

Everyone knows that terrorists and criminals get their guns through the gun show loophole.

Sarah Brady and John McCain said so.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top