Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2002 4:17:38 PM EDT
i have aquired a honda 200 three wheeler from my father in law and i've never owned a 3 or 4 wheeler so i know nothing about them. it was supposedly running when my father in law got it and it sat for a year after he cleaned it up. the question is- there are 3 tubes on the carburator, one on the bottom one on the side and one on the top, where do they go? i assumed the one on the side went to the tank when i hook it up, gas pours from the one on the bottom. there is only one hose connection on the tank so im at a loss here, any body know?
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 4:24:28 PM EDT
[#1]
is it a 2 or 4 stroke? one is a gas line, one is a overspill line . goto www.denniskirk.com and they might have a manual on it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 4:40:50 PM EDT
[#2]
The one on the bottom should not connect to anything. It should have a longer tube that would be routed down and out the bottom to the ground. [b]When[/b] you flip it, you'll see gas pouring out of it. That's what it's supposed to do. I would hazard a guess that the one on the top connects to the tank and the one on the side is the air vent tube.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 5:25:30 PM EDT
[#3]
what do you mean "when you flip it" ? it is a four stroke and i forgot to mention the one on the top barely reaches the tank, like its not meant to and it has not been cut because it still has the original clamp on it, at least it appears that way
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 6:01:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
what do you mean "when you flip it" ? it is a four stroke and i forgot to mention the one on the top barely reaches the tank, like its not meant to and it has not been cut because it still has the original clamp on it, at least it appears that way
View Quote

The then top one is the vent and the side goes to the tank.

I mean, when you flip it, because I've had four wheelers and motorcycles for most of my life and long long ago I had a Honda 200 3-wheeler. I can't count the number of times it got flipped. That's the reason they aren't made anymore. They are lots of fun, but can be dangerous because of how easy they are to turn over.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 6:15:21 PM EDT
[#5]
ok that makes sense, the tube off the bottom stumps me because i cant find anything it hooks to and leaks like a seive when the side tube is hooked to the tank and valve is open, when the bottom tube is hooked to tank the side one leaks i've tried it both ways but i think your right about the side tube being the feed line
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 6:21:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
ok that makes sense, the tube off the bottom stumps me because i cant find anything it hooks to and leaks like a seive when the side tube is hooked to the tank and valve is open, when the bottom tube is hooked to tank the side one leaks i've tried it both ways but i think your right about the side tube being the feed line
View Quote

The fuel should not leak out of the bottom tube when the fuel valve is opened unless it's been tipped over. The float valve could be stuck, especially since it hasn't been ran in a while. Try tapping on the side of the carb with a soft mallet or the plastic end of a screwdriver or something like that. Don't hit it too hard, just tap. Then open the valve and see it if drains out. If this doesn't work after a couple of tries you might need to clean the carb out.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 6:30:53 PM EDT
[#7]
i'll try that tommorrow and post my results
thanks for your help
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 8:50:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the same trike in My garage as I type this... The guys are right, Your float/needle valve is stuck open. It might just need a tap, but more likely is gummed up. I've worked on these alot over the years, good little trikes, but like Ponyboy said [b]>>>VERY<<<[/b] easy to tip over, both side to side or backwards. I've been riding ever since I was 7 (I'm 39 now!), and I still don't fool around too much on Mine. Too easy to get hurt. Start off slow, Practice tilting it over to get the "Hang" of what It feels like before/during when it happens(Yes It Will!!). Drop Me a line if You need more info. Parts/ manuals are easy to find online or on ebay.

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 12:22:01 AM EDT
[#9]
The hose on the bottom provides a water drain for the carb.  There's a recessed slotted screw head near the bottom of the carb facing to the left side of the trike - turn it counterclockwise to drain waterandorfuel from the carb, and turn it clockwise until it's closed to allow normal operation.  Leaving that screw valve open will allow your gas to drain through the carb's water drain hose onto the ground, which sounds kinda similar to what you're describing.  

Link Posted: 4/8/2002 10:05:12 AM EDT
[#10]
3 wheeler is working now, it was gunked up with some real nasty crap in the carb and tank outlet. i cleaned everything and it runs. i'm amazed it started as easily as it did after setting up and being abused by teenagers, all i had to do is replace the starter solenoid and it cranked right up
thanks for the help
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top