Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/22/2010 4:04:36 PM EDT
Stopped in WAL-MART late this afternoon to get a refund on a defective alarm clock.

Checked with the greeter upon entry, so she could give me the refund tag that I would need to show at the service desk.  No blading at 45 degrees.  No massive adrenaline dumps.

Proceed to the refund desk and take my place in line, with about three other people waiting in line ahead of me.

Two young black women, approximately 25 to 30 years of age, are at the counter, carrying on a heated argument with the clerk.  The clerk is refusing to give them a refund on what appears to be several hundred dollars worth of merchandise, because they have NO RECEIPT nor any other evidence the items were purchased there.

Now, here I need to add one detail.  This WAL-MART is in a predominantly white suburb, and so, understandably enough, all of the employees and customers who were within viewing distance of the refund desk at the time this was going on were white.  The only black folks around were the women attempting the "no receipt" refund.

The women continue to argue, while the clerk remains steadfast that she will not give them a refund.  Finally, the clerk summons the manager over, and she also pages some kind of code that I suspect was to alert their undercover loss control people, because as the manager came over, so did a guy dressed like a beach bum, but obviously he was an employee because he joined the manager behind the counter.

The clerk explains the drama to the manager, and the manager also refuses to issue them a refund.  "Absolutely not" he tells them.

At this point the women angrily snatch all their items off the counter, knocking over a counter display in the process, which scatters items all over the floor.

One of the women turns on the manager and hisses at him, in a vicious tone:

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

THAT'S RACIST!

Then, as they turn to leave, the other one takes note of all the white faces, and says:

"They're all just a bunch of racists here!"

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:11:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Another happy ending in loss prevention.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:12:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I just realized something. Never once have I ever heard a white person claim something is racist.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:13:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Reparations!!!!

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:13:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I just realized something. Never once have I ever heard a white person claim something is racist.

You've never hung out around here, then

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:14:03 PM EDT
[#5]
It's racist to make sure your business doesn't get scammed. Of course.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:14:26 PM EDT
[#6]
yeah I know us racist dont even know what is racist
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:15:55 PM EDT
[#7]
You know I'm so sick of this. I'm going to buy a shirt that say's. "I'm racist so what"
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:19:12 PM EDT
[#8]
It would have taken every ounce of self control i had to not look at her and say "Fo shizzle yo, they's all a bunch of honkies up in here"

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:19:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

You know I'm so sick of this. I'm going to buy a shirt that say's. "I'm racist so what"

http://www.zazzle.es/estoy_con_racista_camiseta-235712062109577903

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:20:34 PM EDT
[#10]
My local Wal-Mart would give in-store credit if you don't have a receipt.

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:21:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Post count.

Join date.

That explains it.

Stick around a little longer... you'll see it.

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:21:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Mine too.  Probably depends on the local "demographics".

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:23:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You're a new member. Just wait.

We usually get 3 - 4 "poor oppressed white man" threads a day
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:23:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Obama will offer them jobs tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:24:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Would have been a good time to do your best "Rex Kramer: Danger Seeker" impersonation.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:26:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Should have told them that's the reason for receipts to be printed on white paper.

Because receipts are racist too.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:27:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Post count.  
Join date.

That explains it.

Stick around a little longer... you'll see it.

Quoted:
Quoted:

You're a new member. Just wait.

We usually get 3 - 4 "poor oppressed white man" threads a day

Hey now, don't be bitching on the join date, I've been lurking here for awhile, never got around to signing up... I haven't seen any "oppressed white man" threads today though
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:27:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.zazzle.es/estoy_con_racista_camiseta-235712062109577903

The site's in spanish. I don't speak spanish. Does that make me racist? I still want that shirt.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:29:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Stopped in WAL-MART late this afternoon to get a refund on a defective alarm clock.

Checked with the greeter upon entry, so she could give me the refund tag that I would need to show at the service desk.  No blading at 45 degrees.  No massive adrenaline dumps.

Proceed to the refund desk and take my place in line, with about three other people waiting in line ahead of me.

Two young black women, approximately 25 to 30 years of age, are at the counter, carrying on a heated argument with the clerk.  The clerk is refusing to give them a refund on what appears to be several hundred dollars worth of merchandise, because they have NO RECEIPT nor any other evidence the items were purchased there.

Now, here I need to add one detail.  This WAL-MART is in a predominantly white suburb, and so, understandably enough, all of the employees and customers who were within viewing distance of the refund desk at the time this was going on were white.  The only black folks around were the women attempting the "no receipt" refund.

The women continue to argue, while the clerk remains steadfast that she will not give them a refund.  Finally, the clerk summons the manager over, and she also pages some kind of code that I suspect was to alert their undercover loss control people, because as the manager came over, so did a guy dressed like a beach bum, but obviously he was an employee because he joined the manager behind the counter.

The clerk explains the drama to the manager, and the manager also refuses to issue them a refund.  "Absolutely not" he tells them.

At this point the women angrily snatch all their items off the counter, knocking over a counter display in the process, which scatters items all over the floor.

One of the women turns on the manager and hisses at him, in a vicious tone:

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

THAT'S RACIST!

Then, as they turn to leave, the other one takes note of all the white faces, and says:

"They're all just a bunch of racists here!"

They could've gotten store credit, but I guess they wanted cash for weaves
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:31:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It would have taken every ounce of self control i had to not to look at her and say "Fo shizzle yo, they's all a bunch of honkies up in here"  

Just about spit my out my dinner, reading that.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:39:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

This store is generally very accomodating and understanding.

The only thing I can surmise is that there was something VERY wrong with the scenario the two women were presenting to the manager.

The clerk kept pointing at something on the computer screen that the manager seemed to interpret as a red flag of a possible scam.

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:44:10 PM EDT
[#22]

The Wal-Mart here scans the item and can tell not only what store it was purchased from but IF it was actually purchased at all. Many scumbags have went to jail here for trying that scam.  I dont know why your Wal-Mart doesnt have this ability.

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:44:18 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The only thing I can surmise is that there was something VERY wrong with the scenario the two women were presenting to the manager.

The clerk kept pointing at something on the computer screen that the manager seemed to interpret as a red flag of a possible scam.

Very likely, probably some item that has been passed off at other Wal Marts and Loss Prevention sent out a warning.

As many here are well aware, Wal Mart takes shoplifting very seriously....

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:46:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Eddie Murphy goes undercover as white guy
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:49:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Some years ago there was indeed a big scam of this type in the Cleveland area.  A group of thieves would shoplift a large amount of merchandise and return it to a different store.  I would describe the circumstances more, but you can read it for yourself right here.  From 2001.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:53:15 PM EDT
[#26]

Whiteys fault once again your dumb asses are trying to return stolen merchandise to Walmart and you got shut down by the employee doing her job.

I would have not been so polite.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:56:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The situation has to pass the smell test.  The clerk and manager knew exactly what was going on along with the OP.  People don't make a scene like that unless they are trying to pressure or intimidate the other person.  Normal, paying customers say "well, damn" and go home to find the receipt.

"Me thinks the lady doth protest too much."
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:58:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'm starting to perk up and claim it a lot more these days that I ever used to (I'm a white male)
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 5:11:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Did the Wal-Mart manager let them walk out of the store, with the items they didn't have a receipt for?

I would insist that they pick up the items they knocked over; be video-taping them and their items all the way out to their car; while someone else was reviewing the tape where they entered the store to see if they came in with those items or if they picked them up while in the store.

Don't fall for the distraction drama.  

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 5:26:21 PM EDT
[#30]
I have loved the news cycle over the last 2 weeks...

The Justice Dept. took it on the chin for not busting those black panther guys for voter intimidation in PA, the leader made the media rounds stirring up trouble.

The wookie made a speech at the NAACP, then the NAACP later decided that the Tea Party folks are all a bunch of racists.

Later some other group determined that al-qaeda was racist because their african muslim psychos are only used for suicide bombers and are not allowed to be psycho leaders.

The whole thing with the USDA lady (whether or not what she said was taken out of context or not, other black folks on the tape were cheering on her racist comments).

The arizona law is starting to be challenged in court and the usual suspects are stirring up trouble... code pink was there to protest??? WTF does this have to do with the war???

There is a race war coming in this country.  Get ready, get armed, get trained.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 5:26:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Fuck em. I bet they stole the stuff from other stores. And to Hell with anyone calling me a racist.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 5:30:17 PM EDT
[#32]
There are more than a few people who make their living off of "racism".

It will only end when whitey no longer cares about being called one.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 5:38:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 5:40:16 PM EDT
[#34]
The only card they got.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 5:48:01 PM EDT
[#35]
The only way it would be racist is if those black ladies had some super white-bread cracka-ass cracka friends try and return the merch for them - and it work - and on the youtubes.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:03:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Only more of this to come under bho.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:07:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Whiteys fault once again your dumb asses are trying to return stolen merchandise to Walmart and you got shut down by the employee doing her job.

I would have not been so polite.

Just what I was thinking
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:43:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Fail

No cell phone pics or video, come on everyone takes a video nowadays
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:52:54 PM EDT
[#39]
I have seen racism first hand at walmart,while standing in a line that was stuck behind some jerk that was price matching most of his items,I had nothing better to do than watch a greeter stopping people,and asking to see their reciepts.i counted between 70 to 80 percent of the people stopped were of one race,but the checker was black,and the majority of people he stopped were white.most hispanic,and almost all the black people just got a wave,but theres no such thing as reverse discrimination is there.next time I plan on using the video on my phone,and posting it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 8:49:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The Wal-Mart here scans the item and can tell not only what store it was purchased from but IF it was actually purchased at all. Many scumbags have went to jail here for trying that scam.  I dont know why your Wal-Mart doesnt have this ability.

RFID is racist, that's why.  It discriminates against shoplifters.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 8:56:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Would have been a good time to do your best "Rex Kramer: Danger Seeker" impersonation.

Link Posted: 7/23/2010 9:04:12 AM EDT
[#42]
It's a common scam, as already mentioned above. They steal shit from one Walmart, then go "return" to to a different store for money.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 9:04:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Isn't the return policy posted on the wall behind the counter, too?
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 9:08:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Well I don't work at walmart....but as far as being accused of being racist, it happens pretty much daily to me.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 9:09:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Some body should have gotten on the PA system....
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 9:12:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Wife used to work at Kmart and just about every item except say nails,screws ect had a number you entered when anyone even rowdy  trash who were trying to scam Wally like in this post that told date of sale,price and store location and if bought with a credit or debit told that also..... AND whether that item was still in inventory at any store,if so it was shoplifted.Her store was not proactive in catching or prosecuting shoplifters and just passed on the loss cost to all customers.Was my store any suspect shoplifers would be  searched and be posted as such at all store entrances as policy.Also if they did not build stores in shit areas or close them when the theft and crime rises would decrease losses.Let the third world types build and finance their own stores and see how they deal with thieves
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 9:13:05 AM EDT
[#47]
I did a temporary job that had several young black women involved in it. I've never in my life seen the race card tossed as many times as they did it. Funny thing is they were terrible workers. I'm hoping to get picked up for more work with this group next month. One of the young black women has been emailing me asking when the next job will be. Apparently nobody at the company will respond to her emails. She tells me she thinks its because their racist.

Thank FBHO for doing so much for race relations. After all if the POTUS can throw the race card, so can you!

Good for Walmart, they gave me a shit fit over a $6 window blind I wanted to exchange for a longer blind.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 9:17:32 AM EDT
[#48]
OP.....Idiots at a Walmart..... saying stupid things......... I don't believe it.......... say it isn't so.......
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 9:19:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Your racist story of racism by racists is racist.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 9:21:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It would have taken every ounce of self control i had to not look at her and say "Fo shizzle yo, they's all a bunch of honkies up in here"  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top