Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2010 9:47:35 AM EDT
What has you're experience been with them. How exactly do they work ie., how long can you really keep the games, fines, how up to date are the games offered etc.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 10:01:01 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

What has you're experience been with them. How exactly do they work ie., how long can you really keep the games, fines, how up to date are the games offered etc.

Thanks.

It was too expensive for what I got. It took a while to get games (7-10 days). I was not impressed. I think I've been spoiled by netflix and expected it to work in a similar fashion. If I end up getting another console, I'll probably   rejoin so I can preview games before purchasing.

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 10:08:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I was looking to try to get GT 5 when it comes out and maybe the new Madden.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 10:17:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I currently do this. The time it takes for them to send me a game is about 2 days because the hub is in PA, vs netflix who's hub is right in Portland which is near me so the netflix takes only 1 day to arrive. Your deliver time is going to depend on where you live vs where the gamefly warehouse is.

You put the games in a queue in the order in which you would like to receive them based on how much you want the game. IE: the first game in your queue is your most wanted game and so on down to 50. You are not guaranteed game number one, as the availability varies. You might get any game from one to 50. They go down your list until they find a match with something that is currently available. When you put the games into your Q, they tell you whether the game is immediately available, or high availability, low availability, or whatever the status is, so you can move the games that you want that have a higher availability up to the top of your Q and you have a better chance of getting those.

I think the service is good if you like to play a lot of games because you can play games you normally would not ever buy. If you want the latest Call of Duty or whatever you might be better off buying it because everyone is going to be wanting to rent that game.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 12:25:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info. Does netflix do games as well? Is there another game rental company out there better than Gamefly?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top