Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2010 6:56:15 PM EDT
I know I'm a odd one some times when it comes to dreaming and all (my wife will attest).

Anyways, i rarely have dreams, I don't know why , but I just don't have them , most of the time when I do it's dealing with some sort of end of the world type scenario where the nukes are falling and I'm mad max.

Anyways, I keep having this recurring dream where everything has a shade of brown , sort of like looking through the world with a amber filter, but then maybe I'm dreaming about walking around with sunglasses :D

Anyways, In most of my dreams I'm leading a group of people trying to find/rebuild water and food supplies, and the like.

Well , about 3 months ago I had a dream that was VERY vivid, I was riding a bike through a rural area looking for 'something'. The dream felt like it took FOREVER because most of it was me aimlessly riding all though rural Ohio on a bike looking for whatever it was I was looking for. Anyways, off in the distance I see something that I realize is 'it'. I get closer and it's  a fenced facility , something like a water treatment plant or the like, the AC is running, the pumps are running but no one is there. I manage to open the gate and get past the fence. I walk around the facilities and the like trying to confirm it's a water treatment facility , but I can't decide whether it's water production or just waste treatment, so the only option I realize is to go inside. The facility has thick metal doors and it's almost like the doors have locks that go inward without a exterior access (I figure this is from my real life involvement of an apartment I own that has a solid steel door that I've never been able to break into).

Anyways, I grab a crowbar and start working on one of the thick glass windows without much luck, then without luck try starting on the door, and realize the crowbar doesn't work too well either. So I reach into my backpack and pull out about a 12" mossberg 12ga shotgun and manage to blow off the lock/handle on the door and gain access. I'm not too worried about shooting it off, and am not trying to clear the building, just walking through it like I know no one will be around and am safe. As I walk through the facility I get a sort of dreadful feeling as everything is so clean , and just running along by itself. I start looking through drawers and the like to try and figure out if it's a water facility , and if it's possible to tap into the water supply, as somehow it needs to be diverted from wherever it's going to where it needs to be.

The dream ends with me walking out of the facility , making a mark on a map and driving out of there.

Now the dream stays with me for quite a while , it was so vivid and I remembered all the little details.

2-3 months later I'm driving in my car doing property appraisals for banks (I drive by homes and tell them whether they're being occupied or not). I start getting this odd feeling, and start to look around........I start to notice that this area I'm in seems very oddly firmiliar. There's winding roads, hills, farms and all that stuff, then it hits me "This is the place from the dream!" Well, I start to get all curious about whether I'd see anything similar to what was in the dream, and just as I hit the top of a hill , there it is.........A large , concrete building that's fenced in , sort of built into a hill , just like in the dream. It's pretty obvious what it is - a individual's water system for a large apple orchard. It was so odd seeing a place like that that was so close to my dreams.

Now , the first thing that my logical mind would come to would be that I had been by that area one time and it placed itself into my dream , but interestingly enough, I keep records of everywhere I drive to, and I have NEVER been to that area before, even as a quick drive-through to get to another area.

So there it is , my interesting story of the day.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:02:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Every so often I will have a "prophetic" dream about some minor thing that comes true a week or so later.

Most recently, it was after I bought a new gun safe a few weeks back, and the day I had it delivered I suddenly remembered a dream a few weeks prior about it in which I was standing in front of that exact safe in my home (at the time I had the dream I hadn't even picked out a model yet).

Last night I had an honest to goodness nightmare about SHTF, and I rarely if ever have nightmares anymore.  I am really hoping THAT one doesn't come true.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:04:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Every so often I will have a "prophetic" dream about some minor thing that comes true a week or so later.

Most recently, it was after I bought a new gun safe a few weeks back, and the day I had it delivered I suddenly remembered a dream a few weeks prior about it in which I was standing in front of that exact safe in my home (at the time I had the dream I hadn't even picked out a model yet).

Last night I had an honest to goodness nightmare about SHTF, and I rarely if ever have nightmares anymore.  I am really hoping THAT one doesn't come true.

Yeah , that happens to me too ALOT , but it's always about really dumb stuff.

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:08:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

i have those too. dont happen to often and usually spot on. sometimes they freak me out(in one i had cancer) but has not come true and wont because i have since moved out of that house.

as for SHTF i had a zombie apocalypse one a few nights ago. i had no guns only a machete and was staring at 3 of them sprinting towards me. i was trying to protect my mother and sister. the last thought i had before i woke up was "get everyone in the car and go get your guns"

ETA- 223!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:11:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:12:32 PM EDT
[#5]
The nightmare I had last night involved people going insane, society breaking down, nothing too specific but just an overall very bad SHTF.

Woke me up in a cold sweat at 2 a.m. - very rare that any nightmare has that effect on me.  Dream left me with the worst feeling of any dream I've had in ages.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:17:47 PM EDT
[#6]
years ago i used to have the weird re-run dream of me running around shooting naked vampires, this is even before i got into video games, what does it mean
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:21:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Me have zombie dreams about five times a year....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top