Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2010 5:28:32 PM EDT
ok busted at work for shoes. need something composite toe thats a low to mid height. its gets super hot in the automotive shop i work in (110+ some days) so something breatable would be great

what do you guys rock??

thanks
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 5:34:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 5:39:50 PM EDT
[#2]
yep thats what i got busted wearing, black nb's i also dropped the redbacks for the same reasons, and they didnt last. so i;ve been told i cant wear the shoes that have saved my feet and back. but they will reimburse me for the purchase so i'm looking for somerthing similar possibly something in the "responder/tactical" category that will be for more than just work, i have a pair on 8" danners that are fulltime winter wear, but they are too hot for summer
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 5:40:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I work in a bus shop.

Timberland Pro's are the ONLY way to go.

They handle grease/oil/grease without complaining and wear nicely.

My feet can't take sneakers on hard concrete floors.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 5:40:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Danner Marine Hot.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#5]

I work in a refinery..
I wear mid height, uninsulated red wings..
Ive had them 10 years...
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 5:47:37 PM EDT
[#6]
*if* you can find usa red wings that breathe then buy them.

My last red wing boot buying effort was full of chicom fail.

13EE feet here.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:29:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
ok busted at work for shoes. need something composite toe thats a low to mid height. its gets super hot in the automotive shop i work in (110+ some days) so something breatable would be great

what do you guys rock??

thanks

Basically, any boot is going to be hotter than a shoe. It's for your safety. There are a lot of other jobs where the employees are required to wear boots with a safety toe and it is 110 degrees or hotter in the work environment.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/wellco-sagesignature-hotweathercompositetoezip-boots.html

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top