Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2002 9:48:56 PM EDT
I'm looking for a single stage press that isnt going to kill the check book.  Any ideas?  Anyone have one they'd like to trade for some mags?
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 10:03:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 10:09:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I got one of the Lee 40th Aniversary Packs for $26.95 that had a Modern Reloading book and a single stage reloader press. Woo hoo!
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 10:23:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Bottom of the line RCBS.... it will be one of those things your decendants will marvel over long after your gone .. I still use mine that I bought USED in 1962. Of course carbide dies for my 38/357 were 14 dollars! What do they go for these days? hehehe
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 9:01:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd give you mine but the shipping will kill you, the thing weighs a ton.

Why a single stage?  I started with my single stage (given to me by a friend) and found it to be a good waste of time.  I got a Dillon 550B and have never looked back.  

My .02.

Merlin
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 9:49:04 AM EDT
[#5]
What Merlin said.  I labored with the Rockchucker for years, I should have chucked it out the window.

Dillon 550B, and it is a world of difference.  Turned me back on to reloading.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 9:53:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I've never used a single stage and after a little research I went straight to a Dillon 550B. I was new to reloading and I found it very simple to pick up.

After thousand of rounds, the only problem I've had with any of my reloads has been one backwards primer. I'm pretty meticulous though and now I check all finished rounds for primer seating and no problems since.

I would save up if you don't have the $$$ right now instead of settling for a single stage. I think you'll be much happier in the long run.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 9:56:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top