Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2010 6:11:51 PM EDT
I've had a CCL here in Texas for probably 3 years, and my first traffic stop ("excessive use of speed") happened Sunday night a block from home.  In Texas, you are supposed to show the officer your CCL along with your DL, so I have them taped back-to-back....less fumbling around to find two cards.

LEO says, "Man, I wish more people would do this. (referring to the tape job) Got any weapons tonight?"
"No, sir."

Went home without a ticket.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:15:05 PM EDT
[#1]
You don't have to show them if you aren't carrying at the time. It never hurts though.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:16:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Riveting tale, chap
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:17:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Riveting tale, chap

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:18:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Hell, there isn't even a penalty for not showing it, anymore.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:19:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I guess to each their own, but my answer would have been a resounding "Yes sir, of course I do".  I didn't get my CCW to not carry at all times.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:21:42 PM EDT
[#6]
This is GD cop bashing Tuesday!  There is no way you had a positive experience with a leo or escaped the encounter without a good country beat down!!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:27:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Having a permit and no gun is like having a gun and no bullets.  Start carrying everywhere you go.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:35:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Not everyone can.  I have to drive onto a base every day.  Wish I could, and you dont have to show the chl unless you are carrying
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:37:01 PM EDT
[#9]
That's a good tip, tape them together.

Some day when we (if we) ever get CCW in The Peoples Republic of Daley Land!

Thanks!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:47:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't know if I believe this, but I was talking to a guy recently who "claims" he was stopped by the Ohio State Police for speeding recently, and it went down like this...

- Speeder has a CHL and was carrying a Judge (no kidding - well again at least if you believe his account).

- Speeder gets pulled over and since Ohio is a "notification" state he immediately informs the officer he is licensed to carry and he is armed (officer already knows he has a CHL from running his plate of course).

- Officer asks speeder what kind of gun he has, and speeder tells him about his Judge.

- Speeder asks officer if he wants to "try out" his Judge and officer says yes, since they are in a very rural area with no one around.

- Officer takes the Judge and fires it.  Then a few minutes later another OHP unit rolls up and that officer also takes a shot with the Judge.

- Speeder and two officers then dance around in a merry jig (okay, I am making that part up) .

- Speeder gets a warning and both officers leave.

Now again, I don't know if I believe half of this cockamamie story MYSELF, but there it is anyway.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:48:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I don't know if I believe this, but I was talking to a guy recently who "claims" he was stopped by the Ohio State Police for speeding recently, and it went down like this...

- Speeder has a CHL and was carrying a Judge (no kidding - well again at least if you believe his account).

- Speeder gets pulled over and since Ohio is a "notification" state he immediately informs the officer he is licensed to carry and he is armed (officer already knows he has a CHL from running his plate of course).

- Officer asks speeder what kind of gun he has, and speeder tells him about his Judge.

- Speeder asks officer if he wants to "try out" his Judge and officer says yes, since they are in a very rural area with no one around.

- Officer takes the Judge and fires it.  Then a few minutes later another OHP unit rolls up and that officer also takes a shot with the Judge.

- Speeder and two officers then dance around in a merry jig (okay, I am making that part up) .

Now again, I don't know if I believe half of this cockamamie story MYSELF, but there it is anyway.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:51:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but the hell of it is the guy is the last person you would think would be making shit up (or snorting coke) .
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:52:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Says the man with Homer dancing in a hallucination behind chocolate rabbits

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:54:13 PM EDT
[#14]
A few months ago I got pulled over (Tail light was out) I told the cop I had a chl and a pistol with me he got scared  had me get out of my car told to keep my hands in sight while he ran my information.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:56:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Says the man with Homer dancing in a hallucination behind chocolate rabbits

That means I know best

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 7:00:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Actually, I could see that happening, if the officers felt comfortable enough on the stop.  Good stuff and rare in this PC day and age.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top