Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2010 3:48:41 AM EDT
I hope my kids will someday know the joy of shooting little plastic discs at their siblings heads.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:50:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Can you still get those?  I loved those things!

Mom hated them rattling around in the vacuum cleaner.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:52:21 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I haven't seen them in years.  We used to cut the discs to make serrated edges and what not.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:53:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Those things were so fun! I had forgotten all about them!
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:53:36 AM EDT
[#4]
 I remember when ALL of my toys were either toy guns or had to do with war.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:54:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I had a cat that would fetch those fucking things.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:56:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I always wanted to make one that would shoot pennys when I was a kid now I want to make one that shoots bar coasters
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:57:04 AM EDT
[#7]
when i was in grade school, my friend bought me one of these with a ton of discs. he brought it on the bus and gave it to me. this was probably 1990-1991.
you would have thought that i brought a fucking machine gun to school. apparently the principal found out about this and it turned into some fucking absolute catastrophe.

my parents were called and they flipped out because the school was flipping out. it was the most irrational behavior i've ever seen over a plastic disc shooting toy.

they tried to make me write some essay on how these things were "so dangerous" and "terrible". i was like what are you even talking about, they shoot lightweight plastic discs at like 10-20fps. i didn't do it.

then i was told that i could sharpen the edges of pennies and shoot them and it would kill someone. which then prompted me to prove that the plastic toy was mechanically incapable of performing such a feat by loading pennies in it. it just jammed up and had nowhere near enough spring tension to throw a penny even if it did load properly.

it was a cluster fuck all around and i went to private (catholic) school. i think that this is one of the reasons i own as many guns as i do. irrational fear drives me insane and i know that owning these guns makes some moron cry themselves to sleep at night.

had i not been a straight A student and skipped a grade, i would have most definitely been expelled for having a plastic disc shooting toy. thanks you fucking liberal cocksuckers.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 4:03:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Aw man, I loved those things.

Every time I go into a dollar store I check out the toy section for one.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 4:05:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 4:06:08 AM EDT
[#10]
wow, that brings back memories.  You got any yard darts?
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 4:09:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

No way!  I turned mine in when the local police did a yard dart buy back to get them off the streets.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 4:09:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Jarts not darts and you can still buy them from Canada

LINK if you want to buy some
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 4:19:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tagged, so that my son may know the fun of Jarts.  Gotta start sorting out the fun stuff for him now, he may come earlier than expected.  Little bit of Preeclampsia, they're running tests to see if they want to induce now or wait...
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 4:23:10 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tagged, so that my son may know the fun of Jarts.  Gotta start sorting out the fun stuff for him now, he may come earlier than expected.  Little bit of Preeclampsia, they're running tests to see if they want to induce now or wait...
Hope everything goes well with the delivery.

Those jarts are like $75 per dart for the higher grade stuff.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 4:25:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Thoose things were awesome fun!
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 4:29:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope everything goes well with the delivery.

Those jarts are like $75 per dart for the higher grade stuff.

It'll either be home and on bed rest, and try to get her to 37 weeks, or induce today.

$75??!!???  Must be some high end jarts indeed.  I can't get to the site from work, will take a look at home.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 4:33:45 AM EDT
[#17]
My older brother shot me with ours once and the disc stuck under my eyeball between my eyelid and the eyeball.  He was standing on our stairs and I was sitting on the couch watching t.v., I'll never forget that.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:33:53 PM EDT
[#18]
evening time bump for bleeding eyes and other fun.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:37:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Ah I fucking loved those things. That and throwing the AOL disc's around.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:41:59 PM EDT
[#20]
I used to find those little disks all over the house for years after the guns broke.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:32:55 PM EDT
[#21]
I had a Gold colored one and that sucker lasted quite some time!!!!

Had it for years!!!!

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:36:07 PM EDT
[#22]
My brother and I used to wage non-stop war with those.  A little sanding of the edges of the disks FTW
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:37:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

when i was in grade school, my friend bought me one of these with a ton of discs. he brought it on the bus and gave it to me. this was probably 1990-1991.

you would have thought that i brought a fucking machine gun to school. apparently the principal found out about this and it turned into some fucking absolute catastrophe.

my parents were called and they flipped out because the school was flipping out. it was the most irrational behavior i've ever seen over a plastic disc shooting toy.

they tried to make me write some essay on how these things were "so dangerous" and "terrible". i was like what are you even talking about, they shoot lightweight plastic discs at like 10-20fps. i didn't do it.

then i was told that i could sharpen the edges of pennies and shoot them and it would kill someone. which then prompted me to prove that the plastic toy was mechanically incapable of performing such a feat by loading pennies in it. it just jammed up and had nowhere near enough spring tension to throw a penny even if it did load properly.

it was a cluster fuck all around and i went to private (catholic) school. i think that this is one of the reasons i own as many guns as i do. irrational fear drives me insane and i know that owning these guns makes some moron cry themselves to sleep at night.

had i not been a straight A student and skipped a grade, i would have most definitely been expelled for having a plastic disc shooting toy. thanks you fucking liberal cocksuckers.

That's a fine example of an off the cuff rant right there.

FWIW in the early 80s me and my friends would hunt each other with those, during school.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:40:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Had more than one of those. Thanks for the memory.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:43:47 PM EDT
[#25]
I got in SO much trouble with those things when I was a kid. In high school we did split one in half with a razor blade, upgrade the spring and reglued it. Didnt last long but would stick pennies in sheet rock.

I found some at a toystore a while back and bought a pair, they are around here somewhere still in the package.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:44:19 PM EDT
[#26]
We had hours and hours of wars with those as kids. They are badass
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:47:36 PM EDT
[#27]
god that was shit! I loved my pez shooter to
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:56:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I hope my kids will someday know the joy of shooting little plastic discs at their siblings heads.

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/4557/tracergun.jpg

Pure WIN!!!!!

Man, I was just a little kid then...my great aunt bought me one for my 3rd or 4th bday...one of my clearest early memories, and the only one of my great aunt...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 9:00:06 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Yup!!!  Got my ass warmed up with a section of Hot Wheels track a time or two for the same offense. I damn near chipped my great uncles front tooth by shooting him with a penny!

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 9:16:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Oh man, those and the dart guns that took the removable mags, can't tell you how many epic battles were staged with those
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 9:20:14 PM EDT
[#31]
I played with those when I was a kid.  That was back when some of our toy guns were almost indistinguishable from real guns at a distance.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 9:22:00 PM EDT
[#32]
That was my favorite weapon

I saw something similar and bought it for my daughter.

Upon opening the package I found out it shot foam discs

Truly a disappointing moment for me.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 9:27:47 PM EDT
[#33]
I had a pretty steady collection of those and cap guns too. And to think I would roam around my neighborhood trading shots with the rest of the kids on the block.

I'd probably get 911'ed today...

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 1:39:58 AM EDT
[#34]
One of the best gun toys I ever had!  If you  held it at an angle, the discs would go AROUND CORNERS!

Made a bandolier with 35mm film cans (something else todays kids won't get to see), rubber bands, and an old belt.  Worked GREAT!  Looked like Chewbacca's bowcaster rig.

Those, and cap guns.  And the Cap Grenade!

Todays kids get screwed.  Some of the Army games we played as kids went all day, between the making of the forts, and then the stalking of the enemies...sigh.

Had a wooden and metal Springfield toy that actually had a cycling bolt, and a clicking trigger.  You couldn't break that thing to save your life!
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 1:43:12 AM EDT
[#35]
the best
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 1:57:12 AM EDT
[#36]
All I can say is.... Madman!

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 1:59:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I always wanted to make one that would shoot pennys when I was a kid now I want to make one that shoots bar coasters

The one I had could shoot coins. It was fun!!!

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 2:01:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 2:44:27 AM EDT
[#39]
nice blast from the past!
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 2:56:19 AM EDT
[#40]

Product Description

Editorial Review

Get set for fierce competition with this pair of foam disk  shooters.
Two plastic shooters, one red and one blue, have black trim  and sleek
bodies with guns mounted on top. Insert two AA batteries (not  included)
into each gun and slide the switch to the "on" position to  hear the
shooter's engine whir. Load a stack of the 50 included foam  disks into
the ammunition tube, press the trigger, and watch the disks  fly forward
10 to 20 feet. Paper targets can be cut from the carton for  target
practice. One caution––foam disks that are bent or misshapen  tend not
to fire, or become lodged inside the gun. There is very little  force
behind the disks, so they're unlikely to hurt or damage  unintended
targets
, even from close range. ––Tami Horiuchi

PHAIL

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 3:05:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Forgot all about those disc shooters.  Great fun. I wonder if you can find them on fleebay.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 3:16:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Here toy go!

Product Description

Editorial Review

Get set for fierce competition with this pair of foam disk  shooters. Two plastic shooters, one red and one blue, have black trim  and sleek bodies with guns mounted on top. Insert two AA batteries (not  included) into each gun and slide the switch to the "on" position to  hear the shooter's engine whir. Load a stack of the 50 included foam  disks into the ammunition tube, press the trigger, and watch the disks  fly forward 10 to 20 feet. Paper targets can be cut from the carton for  target practice. One caution––foam disks that are bent or misshapen  tend not to fire, or become lodged inside the gun. There is very little  force behind the disks, so they're unlikely to hurt or damage  unintended targets, even from close range. ––Tami Horiuchi

PHAIL

She's trying to play down Lon's legacy.

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 3:19:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Times have changed, but my childhood memories can never be taken away by a bunch of politically correct assholes that are running the world now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top