Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 7/20/2010 2:21:24 AM EDT

My guess, whether you admit it or not, is religion. Either you are a Christian hater period, or you are a bigot against Mormons.

Sure the guy might cry a little and go on long monolouges. Yes, and even sport the tinfoil sometimes. But he does good.

I don't see how any normal Conservative would have such viseral hate for him. One may not totally agree with him 100%, I do not, however that man has done more to expose the Obama administration than any other person in the United States, including Rush Limbaugh.

I most certainly consider him a good American.

Edit: If you don't hate him, there is no reason to tell us why you don't.  This thread isn't directed to you.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:22:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought Glenn Beck was a Mormon?

ETA:  Maybe you meant Mormon when you capitalized "Moron"
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:22:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't hate him.  I've never even seen his show.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:23:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

My guess, whether you admit it or not, is religion. Either you are a Christian hater period, or you are a bigot against Morons.

Sure the guy might cry a little and go on long monolouges. Yes, and even sport the tinfoil sometimes. But he does good.

I don't see how any normal Conservative would have such viseral hate for him. One may not totally agree with him 100%, I do not, however that man has done more to expose the Obama administration than any other person in the United States, including Rush Limbaugh.

Ummmm...you say that like it's a bad thing.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:23:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't need Beck, or anyone else for that matter, to do my thinking.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:24:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Hate him?  Nah I reserve hate for people I give a damn about.  I just find him insufferable, overly dramatic, and boring.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:25:27 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

ETA: Maybe you meant Mormon when you capitalized "Moron"

Thank you for catching that.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:25:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Other Americans do, however.  At least they need someone to do the research for them.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:26:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Hate him? Nah I reserve hate for people I give a damn about. I just find him insufferable, overly dramatic, and boring.

Well, then.  This thread isn't directed at you then.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:27:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Beck puts out a dual message – to  discredit and polarize the conservative
movement to the benefit of the  two party monopoly. His bizarre and
clownish antics of fake crying are doing nothing but reinforcing the stereotype that
the freedom  movement is extreme and unbalanced.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:27:43 AM EDT
[#10]
I love his message, I hate his delivery.

The crying shit makes me not trust him.

I don't usually trust an emotional man to tell me the truth.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:28:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Hate him? Nah I reserve hate for people I give a damn about. I just find him insufferable, overly dramatic, and boring.

Well, then.  This thread isn't directed at you then.

Well, he is an admitted atheist who doesn't care for anyone that is a Christian and has an audience.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:30:52 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some will argue, but I'm here to say that a Mormon is not a Christian.  

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:33:23 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm an atheist and no, religion has little to do with it.

On the religious stuff, I'm content ignoring it.

I don't hate him....I agree with most of what he says.....he's just a little whiny for my liking.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:35:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Very good points. Call me what you will, I learned a lot about a lot from watching Beck, reading a few books of his, and a few books that he recommended.

I stopped watching when every third thing was him sarcastically mocking someone in a funny voice. I get it, they're dumb. I just wish I could watch the Beck that was somewhere between "everything makes me sad," and "huh huh, dumb guy said dumb thing."
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:36:04 AM EDT
[#15]
I like him. He has the balls to lay the truth out there. he may have a few Quirks but look at the NRA.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:37:31 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mormons=Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-Day Saints.

Yeah, sure, maybe not your idea of who Christ is, but then wouldn't than make it a different religion?

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:39:17 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your opinion.

Catholic here, BTW.  And I have dated a couple of Mormon chicks.  They believed Jesus is the Son of God and was sent here to absolve us of sin.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:39:43 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I'm an atheist and no, religion has little to do with it.

On the religious stuff, I'm content ignoring it.

I don't hate him....I agree with most of what he says.....he's just a little whiny for my liking.

This thread isn't for you then.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:39:50 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, sure, maybe not your idea of who Christ is, but then wouldn't than make it a different religion?

Are you a Mormon, Christian or neither?

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:40:41 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Very good points. Call me what you will, I learned a lot about a lot from watching Beck, reading a few books of his, and a few books that he recommended.

I stopped watching when every third thing was him sarcastically mocking someone in a funny voice. I get it, they're dumb. I just wish I could watch the Beck that was somewhere between "everything makes me sad," and "huh huh, dumb guy said dumb thing."

The funny voice thing works much better on the radio.  

I like his radio show a lot better than his TV show, BTW.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:41:54 AM EDT
[#21]
I think a poll would be in order.

Hate is a strong word, I don't really think as many people hate him as you'd believe.

Allot of people don't hang on every word he says either.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:42:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Neither do I. He is, however, championing my cause to a national audience, something which I cannot do.

I have come to the same conclusions he has all on my own. I know it's hard for stupid people to understand that some can think on their own and support those who hold the same views.....
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:42:26 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I think a poll would be in order.

Hate is a strong word, I don't really think as many people hate him as you'd believe.

Allot of people don't hang on every word he says either.

Go read the Beck TV thread.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:43:39 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why don't you tell me why a church named after Christ, that professes belief in him and claims him as the head of the organization, carries scripture about him that has specific quotes from him is completely disconnected from the word "Christian"?

Are you one of those born agains that claims "Christian" applies to everyone but mormons? "They just can't believe in the same Christ as us. They're a cult!!!"

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:44:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why don't you tell me why a church named after Christ, that professes belief in him and claims him as the head of the organization, carries scripture about him that has specific quotes from him is completely disconnected from the word "Christian"?

Are you one of those born agains that claims "Christian" applies to everyone but mormons? "They just can't believe in the same Christ as us. They're a cult!!!"

Christian scientists?
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:47:01 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Christian scientists?

IDK about that.  To me, Christian is defined by believing in Christ.

You believe in Christ?  Christian.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:50:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Christian scientists?

IDK about that.  To me, Christian is defined by believing in Christ.

You believe in Christ?  Christian.

I think you have to believe in his teachings and follow them to claim that title to be exact.

Most would say Jesus of Nazareth and not Jesus of Navarone
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:54:26 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Christian scientists?

IDK about that. To me, Christian is defined by believing in Christ.

You believe in Christ? Christian.

I think you have to believe in his teachings and follow them to claim that title to be exact.

That enters us into a whole other realm of discussion.  Are you a Christian because you believe or because you follow those beliefs?  So, would someone who believes and still sins (which is everyone) NOT be considered as a "Christian"?  Just how much sin is allowed to still be a Christian?

Ima gonna stick with believer.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:55:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Christian scientists?

That enters us into a whole other realm of discussion.  Are you a Christian because you believe or because you follow those beliefs?  So, would someone who believes and still sins (which is everyone) NOT be considered as a "Christian"?  Just how much sin is allowed to still be a Christian?

My understanding is to be Christ like
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:57:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Christian scientists?

Turn the other cheek alot, eh Mr. Clean?
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:58:23 AM EDT
[#31]
While I do not hang on Glenn's every word , and dont watch him regularly ( or even as much as I used to) , I do  agree with most of his messages.
He has been a huge  and painful mesquite thorn under the obama administration's saddle , and I think it's hard to deny that.
He is definitely more passionate than the average talk show host or anchor , and sometimes that does get a little annoying .
His religious views and statements dont bother the agnostic side of me one iota.

So.....I guess this thread is not for me either.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:02:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

The funny voice thing works much better on the radio.  

I like his radio show a lot better than his TV show, BTW.

Me too.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:03:15 AM EDT
[#33]

There's really no reason for me to post in this thread.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:04:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Beck puts out a dual message – to  discredit and polarize the conservative movement to the benefit of the  two party monopoly. His bizarre and clownish antics of fake crying are doing nothing but reinforcing the stereotype that the freedom  movement is extreme and unbalanced.  

+1
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:04:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Christian scientists?

Turn the other cheek alot, eh Mr. Clean?

Nope, not unless I'm checking my 6
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:07:11 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Christian scientists?

The Jesus that Mormon's believe in is not the Jesus Christ of the Bible.  

I'll leave it at this:

If a person believes that a Mormon is a Christian they are one of the 2 things.

A) Mormon

B) Totally uneducated in what Mormons believe

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:09:11 AM EDT
[#37]
I used to like him, when he was on HLN (tv) he was refreshing. When he moved to Fox he was just another "Fox News Guy" that completely lost all credibility with middle-of-the-road folks that would have really benefited from the points he is bringing to light.

Now I dislike him, I have seen him mocking his opponent's voice, faking vomiting, and just acting childish. If anything he is destroying any credibility that he might have had by filling the roll of the off-balance/retarded guy on Fox while dbags like OReily and Hannity seem more reasonable. These are not the guys you want people to get their news from, gutless neo-con puppets of the Republican party.

If Beck would have kept his head and just debated the facts, with maybe a little comedy thrown in, he would be in a much better position to enact the kinds of changes that need to be enacted. That is, bringing someone who was once clue-less but otherwise intelligent to the facts of the matter.

He could also lay off the religious angle, as, again, it makes a number of people uncomfortable about something that has no bearing on the point he is trying to bring across.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:10:57 AM EDT
[#38]
I don't like the crying, but he does that only a few days a year.

I don't like "founder's fridays" and the lame one sided history lessons. Glenn, your background is being a DJ, don't try to teach history.

Other than that, I like him. He does a lot more than most for this country.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:11:23 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Christian scientists?

I'll leave it at this:

A) Mormon

Mormons carry, read, and believe in the KJ Bible.

I'll make it simple for you.

You're wrong.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:12:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Pretty much covers it for me.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:12:35 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Christian scientists?

I'll leave it at this:

A) Mormon

I'll make is simple for you.

You're wrong.

Oh, I see you're from Utah.  

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:13:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:14:30 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Christian scientists?

I'll leave it at this:

A) Mormon

You're wrong.

And I believe in Christ.  The same Christ from the Bible.

Deal with it.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:17:40 AM EDT
[#44]
I've got nothing against christians or mormons.

I think he's a lunatic, plain and simple. His theatrics and overacting get in the way of his message to the point where I can't stand to watch his show. I couldn't possibly care less what the man's religious views are. I considered him a nutcase long before that came into question.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:18:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Christians do not believe in the Joseph Smith or the Book of Mormon ... if you do, your a Mormon, Latter Day Saint or what ever else you want to call yourself, but your not a Christian.
And yes, I'm fully aware of how Mormons exploit the term in order to recrouit new members.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:21:12 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Christians do not believe in the Joseph Smith or the Book of Mormon ... if you do, your a Mormon, Latter Day Saint or what ever else you want to call yourself, but your not a Christian.

And yes, I'm fully aware of how Mormons exploit the term in order to recrouit new members.

I want nothing to do with the ilk of 82 or his kind that go around spreading their bigotry. What pisses me off is people telling me I don't believe in Christ because my religion isn't their religion. It's just plain stupid.

Quite frankly, I'd rather not be associated with the type that say their Christ is better than someone else's. It just seems disrespectful of both Christ and a person's beliefs.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:22:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:24:57 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Christian scientists?

I'll leave it at this:

A) Mormon

You're wrong.

And I believe in Christ. The same Christ from the Bible.

Deal with it.

Ok maybe some random dude named Joseph Smith found some golden plates buried next to his house in NY back in the 1800s that were made by a resurrected American Indian that turned into an angel and then wrote the Book of Mormon that all the LDS folks follow. Sounds plausible. Nevermind the fact that the golden plates have never been seen by another person besides his neighbor.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:27:42 AM EDT
[#49]
I like him.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:29:01 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

My guess, whether you admit it or not, is religion. Either you are a Christian hater period, or you are a bigot against Mormons.

Edit: If you don't hate him, there is no reason to tell us why you don't.  This thread isn't directed to you.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top