Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2002 4:13:50 PM EDT
would someone please explain the SP1 front pin thing to me.  i think old colts have a large front pin (with a slotted head for a standard screwdriver) and new (post-ban) colts have a small front pin but today i saw a SP1 with what i remember to be a small front pin that could be pushed out.  
is this possible?  
was it really a small pin?
will this work with a standard M4 upper without a special converting pin?

thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 4/5/2002 4:57:23 PM EDT
[#1]
All Colt SP1's had a large front pivot pin.

However, they do make a large (.312") pushpin with an integrated detent, for these rifles, and it is likely that is what you saw.

Link Posted: 4/5/2002 5:08:00 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks,

if that is the case.  I have a "large (.312") pushpin with an integrated detent"

can I have a bushmaster m4 drilled out to fit? or am I stuck with these types of uppers?
or going with some sort of conversion pin?

Link Posted: 4/5/2002 5:17:26 PM EDT
[#3]
[url]http://www.shooterstore.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&DID=90&CATID=494&ObjectGroup_ID=1369[/url]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 5:22:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Get a conversion pin for small hole upper.

Be warned, they dont always give a good fit.  I was not happy with mine.

Many people get a large hole upper receiver used, and then assemble the upper the way they want it.

Les Baer/Daniels Defense is making new production large hole uppers.  I would much prefer this solution to a conversion pin, but there a many out there using these pins and are happy with them.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 6:19:51 PM EDT
[#5]
308wood,

I have a Bushmaster M4 upper on an SP1 lower.  I bought an offset pin from Bushmaster, and the upper and lower fit is remarkable.

Guess I lucked out, but the upper/lower fit is better than some FN-manufactured M16A2's that I've fired.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top