Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/19/2010 6:20:46 PM EDT
I've got an ex girlfriend comin on to me from 20 years ago. She's Swedish 5'11" blonde/blue and has kept her bod.

I am in a commited relationship but this chick is testing my strength.

Anypne else have old ex's lookin you up on Facebook?
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:21:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Ex for a reason man. Don't do it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:22:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope.  I make sure my bridges are good and burnt.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:23:31 PM EDT
[#3]
pics?
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:23:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Dude, she is just playing you for the excitement and will leave again when she tires of you.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#5]
You got any pics of her? That way we could give you better advice on how to handle the situation, if we could see her...
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:24:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I've got an ex girlfriend comin on to me from 20 years ago. She's Swedish 5'11" blonde/blue and has kept her bod.

Stop humoring her, "innocent" talk turns into temptation and your dick in it quite quickly.

The armor you have, when you're not content enough to resist temptation, is the willpower to shut the door on innocent flirtation. It feels good, and it makes you feel good about yourself, but it's also a relationship grenade and you're pulling the pin by allowing it.

Tell her, nicely, that you're happy and wish her a nice life, then defriend her and stop talking.

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:24:54 PM EDT
[#7]
If you take that road you will end up with *two* ex's.

-Gator
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:25:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Same here.

My facebook is unsearchable.

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:26:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You got any pics of her? That way we could give you better advice on how to handle the situation, if we could see her...

I'll have to check with her to see if she minds having her FB pic posted.

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:26:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Pics are required
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:27:02 PM EDT
[#11]
in for the pics.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:28:14 PM EDT
[#12]
No pics?  Really? Holy shit!
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:28:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll have to check with her to see if she minds having her FB pic posted.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww she won't mind..... How she gonna know?
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:29:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Stop humoring her, "innocent" talk turns into temptation and your dick in it quite quickly.

The armor you have, when you're not content enough to resist temptation, is the willpower to shut the door on innocent flirtation. It feels good, and it makes you feel good about yourself, but it's also a relationship grenade and you're pulling the pin by allowing it.

Tell her, nicely, that you're happy and wish her a nice life, then defriend her and stop talking.

Yeah I sent her a message after a sexually charged convo that I won't cheat on my current woman. But I still find myself chatting with her. I think you are right. Fortunently we are a thousand miles apart.

The other kicker though is she was loaded from an insurance settlement when we dated 20 years ago, not sure if thats still the situation.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:29:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Pics
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:31:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:32:44 PM EDT
[#17]
My ex contacted me. I told her to leave me the heck alone.

She then contacted my wife and tried to start all kinds of crap.

Facebook = fail as far as ex's go.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:33:16 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

pics?
THis or GTFO

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:35:00 PM EDT
[#19]
FB has destroyed lots of relationships....
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:36:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
FB has destroyed lots of relationships....

I'm sure ARFCOM has too...........
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:37:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Best advice yet. I have seen FB ruin 2 relationships recently.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:38:13 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I sent her a message after a sexually charged convo that I won't cheat on my current woman. But I still find myself chatting with her. I think you are right. Fortunently we are a thousand miles apart.

The other kicker though is she was loaded from an insurance settlement when we dated 20 years ago, not sure if thats still the situation.

As long as you keep in contact, the "what if" will be there and will grow, and whether you realize it or not it will chip away at your current better half. You'll start rationalizing the other woman by finding fault with the one you have, and probably undeservedly so. You'll start cheating, long before you really cheat.

Every chat chips away, because you're already fascinated with the thought.

I've been married for almost 20 years, and there have been temptations just like yours, but the reward for stamping out that fire before it gets out of hand is a strong house that you built with good decisions and trust, and if you keep doing it right your relationship gets better and better in ways you can't possibly appreciate now. Seriously. I'm not saying it as a platitude, but part of why you should keep that propriety for yourself is pride in yourself...someday that will mean more than any blowjob you could have ever gotten, and for damned sure won't come at the cost of regrets of what you fucked up.

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:39:08 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

FB People have has destroyed lots of relationships....

Blame the perp, not the weapon.

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:39:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Nope. No issues from facebook. I don't need that shit.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:39:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Ignore facebook, my space, twitter, and whatever else happens to turn up next week.

Useless waste of time.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:39:54 PM EDT
[#26]
99 problems and Facebook ain't one of them.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:42:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Send her my way.  I'm unattached these days.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:43:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:

You are absolutely correct.

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:44:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yup.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:44:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

That might be the smartest thing I've ever seen you type.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:44:31 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Ignore facebook, my space, twitter, and whatever else happens to turn up next week.

Useless waste of time.

Why not ignore ARFcom?

All of those things are just sites that let you communicate. You choose how, and with who. If it's bad, it's because your choices are bad.

I don't understand the hate for social networking sites.

I use them to talk to family and friends. Why would that be a bad thing?

Self-control, it's the new black.

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:44:45 PM EDT
[#32]
I don't do facebook.

I'm pretty happy.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:44:49 PM EDT
[#33]
she gave me the green light on her pic so hold on
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:45:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:45:22 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That might be the smartest thing I've ever seen you type.

Yesterday I typed that RuPaul is kinda sexy, so I dunno you might wanna rethink where it ranks.

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:45:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:45:42 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Useless waste of time.

what about assphampletting?

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:01:00 PM EDT
[#38]
am I in before the pics?
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:02:57 PM EDT
[#39]
I've had one girl from back in Highschool try to contact me repetitively via Facebook.  After the 3rd ignore I reported her
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:07:50 PM EDT
[#40]
pics coming soon, trying to talk her into registering here
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:08:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

with a description like that.., you need to put some pics
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:10:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

not sure if serious
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:11:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

she gave me the green light on her pic so hold on

Hurry up noob, or we might notice your join date.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:11:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
trying to talk her into registering here

Terrible idea.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:12:11 PM EDT
[#45]
You can now consider this a TAG
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:12:50 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit, Facebook hasn't ruined a damn thing....people who make bad decisions ruin relationships.

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:13:59 PM EDT
[#47]
You know the rules!

Pics or it didn't happen.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:16:13 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Yea, this is gonna end well..

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:17:06 PM EDT
[#49]
curiosity killed the cat, dude

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:18:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is the damn truth. I admit, I'm a weak weak man. I LOVE pussy and I'd FO when I shouldnt.

Its easy enough to avoid. If you cant resist the urge then avoid the situation altogether. Its THAT simple. Its the same damn thing as the recovering alcoholic not going into the bar. Its common sense.

Tell her your happy where you are. Shes an ex for a reason. Unfriend that shit right quick and move on without lookin back.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top