Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2010 8:51:58 AM EDT
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/article_6b6c2a18-934e-11df-95d8-0017a4a78c22.html

ST. LOUIS –– A teenager collapsed outside the St. Patrick Center after being shot this morning, and a stray bullet from that attack apparently wounded a woman inside the U.S. Bank office building about a block away.
Police were on the scene of both shootings, minutes apart, about 10:40 a.m. Monday.
The teen, 16, was conscious and talking after he was shot in the side near the intersection of Cole and Hadley streets. He then ran away and fell outside the St. Patrick Center, which provides services to the homeless.
The teen gave police the name of the man who shot him. The teen's mother apparently had been at St. Patrick Center, 800 North Tucker Boulevard, and came outside to console her son.
Moments later, police got a call for a second shooting at an office builiding in the 1000 block of 10th Street nearby. Police said the victim may have been hit by a stray bullet, connected to the first shooting.
Stray bullets entered the U.S. Bank building there. Police said that person's injuries were not life threatening. A police officer on the scene said one bullet went through a window, bounced off a wall and struck a woman in the nose.
Police say the woman had minor injuries.
Steve Dale, a spokesman for U.S. Bank, confirmed that a bullet entered a second-floor window but said no one was hurt.
"A bullet entered the window, it came through an individual's cubicle and ended up going through another work area," Dale said

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 9:03:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a typical day in STL
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 9:05:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Stop the presses...
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 9:07:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Sounds like a typical day in STL

No doubt. What are the odds of a bullet ricocheting off a wall and hitting you in the nose? Would you go buy a lottery ticket after this?
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 12:53:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I drove by the shooting scene this morning on the way home from work.  Nothing struck me as being out of the ordinary.  SOSDD !
Shootings in St. Louis are common.  Black on black violence is common.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:16:51 PM EDT
[#5]
we're working on the record for 2010.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:20:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Wifey's hometown and lots of family still there. No surprise to me.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:46:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Say it isn't so...
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, it was such a surprise when I found out the fuck that shot me was from North St. Louis.

One of my best friends (and a member on this site) is a homicide detective up there.  I'd say he's got job security...
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:03:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yeah, it was such a surprise when I found out the fuck that shot me was from North St. Louis.

One of my best friends (and a member on this site) is a homicide detective up there.  I'd say he's got job security...

I miss working North STL.  Good times.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:05:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Great..  I'll be in St. Louis tomorrow not terribly far from there.  

-X
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:06:38 PM EDT
[#11]
It adds excitement to the city...
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:07:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too.  

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:08:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Just as there is violent crime in bad parts of NYC, Chicago, Philadelphia, and other big cities there is violent crime in STL.  The thing that makes it stand out a lot more in many cases is that St. Louis is not a BIG city geographically.  So when a shooting occurs in a "bad" part of town, literally drive 15 minutes on the highway and you're in some very nice suburbs.  Born and raised.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:10:11 PM EDT
[#14]

St. Louis seems a lot different these days than when I was out there for college.

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:11:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too.  

Good to see both of you guys around.  

I'll just stick to quiet Jeff City where nothing ever happens.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:11:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Nothing to see here, just a city celebrating its diversity.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:23:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Yeah, I was pretty shocked when I heard that on the radio today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top