Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/19/2010 8:07:28 AM EDT
I don't see their advertising icon up on the banner anymore. Just wondering is all.....

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 8:08:25 AM EDT
[#1]
In.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 8:08:27 AM EDT
[#2]
They're still posting in their industry forum.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 8:08:50 AM EDT
[#3]
they still have their forum.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 8:09:07 AM EDT
[#4]
i wouldn't miss them.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 8:10:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't see their advertising icon up on the banner anymore. Just wondering is all.....

A lot of chapped asses will be inbound to explain.  There prices have come back down to reality so I have since ordered twice from them.

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 8:24:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Ahhhh, I didn't realize that they had a special forum. Gotcha, carry on.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 8:28:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
i wouldn't miss them.

They certainly didn't make many friends after the election.  I remember many, many posts  ending with Fuck Obama, and CTD.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 8:29:59 AM EDT
[#8]
What CTD thread would be complete without this?

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 8:31:24 AM EDT
[#9]
In before someone forgets that fake edits are serious business.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 8:32:39 AM EDT
[#10]
i was there last April 2009.... the ammo was laughable..and people bought it.

there was these battlepacks of 308... i believe ... 2.00 a round.
9mm for 39.99 a box of 50. my buddy and me looked at each other...

i picked up three old empty ammo crates for something to shoot at....and they charged me. LOL.
they where headed for the garbage.

im all for making a buck...but they where insane
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 8:40:34 AM EDT
[#11]
also their high dollar pmags, caused a lot of resentment. and from me too..
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 8:53:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Maybe they received a reup offer from site management with a negative discount.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 8:56:10 AM EDT
[#13]
I've forgotten about them since the fake edits are not allowed anymore.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 8:57:23 AM EDT
[#14]
I dont care if they did "come in line" with everyone else no that the dust settled,
FUCK CTD, I will not buy from them ever again!
Fuck me once shame on your, fuck me twice shame on me!
It wont happen twice to me.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 8:59:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 9:10:48 AM EDT
[#16]
To be fair... they never ran out of ammo.

I go to their retail location sometimes since it's local and the shelves remained stocked throughout the rush. Plus they're the only place around here where you can finger fuck an AR10, 3 versions of M1A, and a DSA FAL all in one stop.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 9:13:42 AM EDT
[#17]
[Not an edit]  mfn

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 9:16:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx239/Scott_In_OKC/General%20Images/4lpwuh.jpg

Or this one I made.  It slams Bushmaster and CTD at the same time!!!

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 9:17:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I go to their retail location sometimes since it's local and the shelves remained stocked throughout the rush. Plus they're the only place around here where you can finger fuck an AR10, 3 versions of M1A, and a DSA FAL all in one stop.

That was their rationale when they were called on their amazingly high prices.

"We raise the price on these so we keep some in stock."

With that rationale, I think they were looking at having some in stock in perpetuity and had to bring their prices back down to a more believable level just to sell to those that are ignorant to the fact that there are refutable places like AimSurplus etc out there that don't try to overcharge.

That and with a savings of -51.98% people told them to pound sand.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 9:18:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Well if that was their plan, it worked!
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 9:19:17 AM EDT
[#21]
IBTFTGDTFE

In before the first timeout given due to fake edits
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 9:19:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 9:20:30 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx239/Scott_In_OKC/General%20Images/4lpwuh.jpg

The best one is the CCI Blazer .380

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 9:22:16 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I haven't bought from Cheaper than Dirt in years, and I don't use sportsmansguide either. At some point they just stopped being price competitive. However I also think that threads were advertisers get beat up over nothing are getting old. If you don't like their prices, buy elsewhere.  I guess there must be some kind of market for their stuff, they seem successful.

Not over nothing.  They had someone sitting at a computer election night raising prices and illegally advertised inflated MSRPs.

Fuck CTD, they're no "friend" of the shooting community.  I'll continue to buy from the numerous companies who are.

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 9:29:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Never noticed any indication that the constant anti-CTD banter ever hurt sales or reduced traffic.

They're still stuffed with customers and moving goods out of the warehouse like moonshine...
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 9:30:34 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Fuck CTD, they're no "friend" of the shooting community. I'll continue to buy from the numerous companies who are.

Sorry - you are wrong.

I don't buy from them if they aren't the low cost leader on what I am looking for, or making it up in service.  However - they DO support the shooting industry, sponsor LOTs of local shooting events, and sponsor TV shows, prizes at competitions, etc...

That IS the definition of a friend to the shooting community.... to me.

Dont like what they did when supply and demand was all out of whack - thats your business.  Dont want to buy from them - knock yourself out.  Hate them as individuals?  That is your perogative.

But blathering on that they are "no friend to the shooting community" is moronic at best, and intentionally false at worst.

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 9:37:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never noticed any indication that the constant anti-CTD banter ever hurt sales or reduced traffic.

They're still stuffed with customers and moving goods out of the warehouse like moonshine...

And they're opening a new location in McKinney this month.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 9:38:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Nope, still here.Captured about 2 sec ago.

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 9:46:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Ammoman
CTD
Sportsmans Guide

these will never see another dime from me.

Which was a substantial amount
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 9:47:27 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck CTD, they're no "friend" of the shooting community. I'll continue to buy from the numerous companies who are.

Sorry - you are wrong.

I don't buy from them if they aren't the low cost leader on what I am looking for, or making it up in service.  However - they DO support the shooting industry, sponsor LOTs of local shooting events, and sponsor TV shows, prizes at competitions, etc...

Dont like what they did when supply and demand was all out of whack - thats your business.  Dont want to buy from them - knock yourself out.  Hate them as individuals?  That is your perogative.

But blathering on that they are "no friend to the shooting community" is moronic at best, and intentionally false at worst.

Never heard about any of that, good for them.  I'll stick with ethically challenged.

Sometimes one event is enough to overshadow any good someone might do later.  What's that joke about building a thousand houses and no one calls you a homebuilder, but you suck one dick...  It was enough for me, too many other options out there.

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 9:48:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was their rationale when they were called on their amazingly high prices.

"We raise the price on these so we keep some in stock."

With that rationale, I think they were looking at having some in stock in perpetuity and had to bring their prices back down to a more believable level just to sell to those that are ignorant to the fact that there are refutable places like AimSurplus etc out there that don't try to overcharge.

That and with a savings of -51.98% people told them to pound sand.

they were probably just trying to keep their inventory high in order to get a tax write-off, heh.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 9:48:57 AM EDT
[#32]
They didn't get run out of town, huh?
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 9:49:54 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Nope, still here.Captured about 2 sec ago.

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/636/96214040.jpg

Firefox with Adblock doesn't show it.

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 9:54:56 AM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 9:57:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
i was there last April 2009.... the ammo was laughable..and people bought it.

there was these battlepacks of 308... i believe ... 2.00 a round.
9mm for 39.99 a box of 50. my buddy and me looked at each other...

i picked up three old empty ammo crates for something to shoot at....and they charged me. LOL.
they where headed for the garbage.

im all for making a buck...but they where insane

Ah capitalism, she can be an unforgiving bitch sometimes.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 9:59:19 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 10:00:53 AM EDT
[#37]
They have some really good deals.. Never had a problem with them.
I highly reccommend them.

If they had a store here in NH. I would move a bed into their warehouse..
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 10:02:55 AM EDT
[#38]
It really does happen.

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 10:03:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Interesting...

You Sir are a gun molester.

Carry on..
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 10:03:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 10:03:48 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry - you are wrong.

I don't buy from them if they aren't the low cost leader on what I am looking for, or making it up in service. However - they DO support the shooting industry, sponsor LOTs of local shooting events, and sponsor TV shows, prizes at competitions, etc...

Dont like what they did when supply and demand was all out of whack - thats your business. Dont want to buy from them - knock yourself out. Hate them as individuals? That is your perogative.

Never heard about any of that, good for them. I'll stick with ethically challenged.

Sometimes one event is enough to overshadow any good someone might do later. What's that joke about building a thousand houses and no one calls you a homebuilder, but you suck one dick... It was enough for me, too many other options out there.

I understand your perspective.  I agree, I didnt like to see some of the things they did with their pricing, and how they run their forum.  But I do respect their right to do as they wish.

I shoot in a lot of the local competitions, and I always see them contributing and supporting the community, so I felt the need to correct that.  I am very appreciative of ANYONE that supports shooting events.  Without this support, we would not have them.

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 10:08:05 AM EDT
[#42]
I guess I wasn't here for the drama. What happened?
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:55:03 PM EDT
[#43]
for the money they robbed, at least they give some back...

i guess if people fall for all the bullshit, sky is falling, rare rare, never to be seen again shit...
then that's thier problem !! some are just stupid, but i do feel bad for the ones that give CTD and others thier hard earned
money, and go home with a sore butthole, not even politely lubed with One Shot.

ammoman... that dude is another story all together . i have a buddy that used to go there all the time.
got to know him... dudes, that guy was literally LAUGHING in his Customers faces, as he made bank.

i have no prob with makin a buck and i always said that here...but i don't laugh at our Cusomers, ( unrelated to gun business )when
they plunk down hard earned cash. im old school, and actually appreciate it. and hope they keep coming so i can keep working.

some of these gun / ammo compaines are just off how they treat thier customers with all the lies and bullshit.
i don't need to lie all day long to make a buck.

i don't believe most of it , even from wall street to a car salesman. they are mostly full of shit !!
But im glad...the prices are FINALLY coming back down to earth. and im sure they are still makin some money.
i Hope all the investers finally get lost out of our hobby, so i can enjoy it more....

Hooya
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 8:02:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Those were a lot of fun.

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 8:05:17 PM EDT
[#45]
I buy from them when they have things that everyone else is out of stock on.  Besides, spending hours trying to pinch pennies gets frustrating after a while.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 8:26:43 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those were a lot of fun.

At least it went out with a bang. Wonder if that drunken idiot is still here?

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 4:35:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 4:56:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Ammoman
CTD
Sportsmans Guide

these will never see another dime from me.

Which was a substantial amount

Agreed.

CTD falsely advertised MSRP for PMAGS.  Didn't someone here report them to Texas Attorney General and that forced them to change the policy?

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 4:59:04 AM EDT
[#49]
I don't know how they stuck it out when all the "Edited By CTD..." comments were flying around. Haha !
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 5:04:34 AM EDT
[#50]

Because 99% of the people are too stupid to not get it. Their brains do not have the ability to process information and think good.
I hate 99% of the world . You all make things not fun for me anymore because you are oh so stupid and cannot think at all.
I went from laughing, to hating, simply because the 99% are too stupid to realize things.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top