Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2002 2:26:17 PM EDT
(I went back into the FOX Poll archives and found that Can't say/Never Heard of was in fact split out.)

What is your opinion of Palestinian Leader Yasser Arafat ?

Favorable:  8%
Unfavorable:  69%
Can't say:  16%
Never heard of:  7%
-----------------------------------------
What is your opinion of Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon ?

Favorable:  21%
Unfavorable:  25%
Can't say:  22%
Never Heard of:  32%

I'll leave the interpretations up to you folks.

(Interestingly the spell checker didn't recognize Yasser Arafat but did recognize Ariel Sharon.)
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 2:30:00 PM EDT
[#1]
23% of their respondents' didn't know who Yasser Arafat was???!!! What rock did these people climb out from under??
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 2:33:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
23% of their respondents' didn't know who Yasser Arafat was???!!! What rock did these people climb out from under??
View Quote

And 54% didn't recognize Sharon.

Even the spell checker only recognized one of them !
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 2:48:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably the same kind of people who don't realize we send 3 BILLION a year to Israel and still send US aid to Muslim countries that promote terrorism.

Nobody pays attention anymore.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 2:57:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Why does such ignorance surprise you guys?  There's people who barely know anything (besides maybe sports) ten miles beyond their homes!  Think about how many people are unfamiliar with key figures of our own government.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 3:09:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
they could have also meant "can't say," meaning no opinion. who knows though
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 3:15:04 PM EDT
[#6]
What's the big deal?  I would have voted "can't say" on sharon as well, because I don't feel too strongly one way or the other.

It is a stupid poll though.  They shouldn't have grouped a "neutral" vote with the obligatory "I'm an idiot" one.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 3:23:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Even the spell checker only recognized one of them !
View Quote

That's because Ariel is a name and Sharon is a name (both women's names in the West).  I have a feeling most Israeli and Muslim names would not be recognized.  Try Netenyahu and see what happens.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 3:38:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It is a stupid poll though.  They shouldn't have grouped a "neutral" vote with the obligatory "I'm an idiot" one.
View Quote

Your thought was what made me go to the archives.  
This result although pitiful does make more sense.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 3:46:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Wasn't it said once in his peak, more people knew who Vanilla Ice was then who the president was?
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 4:37:04 PM EDT
[#10]
btt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top