Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2002 7:02:31 AM EDT
I'll be in Vegas the last week of this month (weekend of the 26th) for my bachelor party.  Any Vegas members know of good ranges I can rent and shoot class 3 stuff?  I'll post where we're staying if anyone wants to drink a beer to celebrate my demise.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 7:14:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'll be in Vegas the last week of this month (weekend of the 26th) for my bachelor party.  Any Vegas members know of good ranges I can rent and shoot class 3 stuff?  I'll post where we're staying if anyone wants to drink a beer to celebrate my demise.
View Quote

Most ranges run about $30 per gun with 50 rds ammo. $15 for and additional 50 rds.

The Gun Store
2900 E. Tropicana Ave.
702-454-1110

$16 cab ride from The Strip. Indoor range. Generally, someone's assigned to transport the weapon to the station and load it for you. SMG's are pretty beat up.

American Shooters Supply
340 Arville St.
702-362-1223

Close to the strip. Cab ride was under $10. Indoor range. They trust you to carry the SMG to the station without supervision (So please act responsibly and don't ruin it for everyone). SMG's are in decent shape for rentals. A local  even let me fire his personal MP5K.

Machine Gun Kelly's Gun Vault
1631 E. Sunset rd., C-109
702-837-8383
www.machinegunkellys.com

Never been. Checking it out next week. Supposedly close to the strip.

Discount Firearms
1212 N. Boulder Highway
Henderson
702-567-1158

Never been. 30 minutes out of LV.

Olympic Gardens
Ask any cabbie.

Not a range, but your bachelor party wouldn't be complete without a stop there (Wink, wink).

Link Posted: 4/5/2002 8:13:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I am so jealous[:D]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 8:37:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
View Quote

I've been to all the ranges listed here, so I'll give you a rundown:

The Gun Store
2900 E. Tropicana Ave.
702-454-1110
View Quote
View Quote

A good laid back bunch of guys, but tabalos is right, the MG's are pretty beat up. Ok facility.

American Shooters Supply
340 Arville St.
702-362-1223
View Quote
View Quote

Assholes at an overpriced facility.  I've tried to go there a few times, but they always come off as smug and holyer-than-thou... Not a bad range, but you'll pay for it. Stay away, if you can help it.

Machine Gun Kelly's Gun Vault
1631 E. Sunset rd., C-109
702-837-8383
www.machinegunkellys.com
View Quote
View Quote

Good guys, but a bit pricy... no range, just a big class III dealer near the airport

Discount Firearms
1212 N. Boulder Highway
Henderson
702-567-1158
View Quote
View Quote

This is the place you want to go... Great atmosphere and people, the MG's are great (MP5, MP5SD, Thompsons, etc.) And their prices are very reasonable.  It's a bit out of town, but if you want to go on a Sun, Mon or Tues (my days off), just drop me an email and I'll pick you up and haul you out there.  Cab fare would be outrageous.  I need an excuse to get out there again anyway.

Link Posted: 4/5/2002 8:50:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't forget about Nevada Pistol Academy

4610 Blue Diamond Rd. 702-897-1100.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 9:09:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 10:11:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Cool.  Discount Firearms it is.  Thanx a lot.  You guys know about renting boats on Lake Meade?

Are there any good bars in Vegas?  JUST KIDDING!
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 10:25:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Cool.  Discount Firearms it is.  Thanx a lot.  You guys know about renting boats on Lake Meade?
View Quote

Nope.  Got me there, but if somebody had a machinegun/boat rental package, you can bet I'd know about it![heavy]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 10:29:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Oh, I just thought about this... why not try and get into one of Front Sight's free machinegun classes while you're here?  It's free, you get real quality training and to shoot as much at a rental place you'd spend a few hundred $$.  Plus, they feed you!  Can't beat that for no money!
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 12:29:27 PM EDT
[#9]
How do I do that?

Just checked- here's a cool article on it from SAR [URL]www.frontsight.com/news_articles/SAR.htm[/URL]

Here's where you apply [URL]www.frontsight.com/1day_smg_course.htm [/URL]

Now that I read it, probably won't want to do the all day thing.

Quoted:
[It's a bit out of town, but if you want to go on a Sun, Mon or Tues (my days off), just drop me an email and I'll pick you up and haul you out there.  Cab fare would be outrageous.  I need an excuse to get out there again anyway.

View Quote

Might have a rental- if so, why don't you come with us.  If not, we'd appreciate the ride!
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 1:24:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Might have a rental- if so, why don't you come with us.  If not, we'd appreciate the ride!
View Quote

Deal.   However it works out, drop me an email and we'll take a trip to the range.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 1:57:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

You can always skip out after a few hours.  I think by around 1pm, they had us firing bursts out of the Uzis.

If you go there, you might want to spend the night before out in Pahrump, which is where FS is located.  The Nugget is a pretty nice place;  I've heard good things about Terrible's as well (with a name like Terrible's, they've got to be good [:D]).
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 7:12:18 PM EDT
[#12]
You can't get any better than a LV Bachelor party blow out. Lucky Devil you.[beer]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 8:21:59 PM EDT
[#13]
The poor woman has no idea what she's getting into...

Just kidding Steve. Congrats and have fun at your bachelor blowout in Vegas (great place for it).
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 8:49:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Discount Firearms
1212 N. Boulder Highway
Henderson
702-567-1158
View Quote
View Quote

This is the place you want to go... Great atmosphere and people, the MG's are great (MP5, MP5SD, Thompsons, etc.) And their prices are very reasonable.  It's a bit out of town, but if you want to go on a Sun, Mon or Tues (my days off), just drop me an email and I'll pick you up and haul you out there.  Cab fare would be outrageous.  I need an excuse to get out there again anyway.

View Quote

An MP5SD! Next week I'm renting a car for a day!
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 1:02:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Uh, just what kind of deal is this if there aren't going to be any naked womenz giving lap dances and doing the lollipop trick?

Link Posted: 4/6/2002 6:25:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Vegas what a shit hole overun by CaliforniFucks from L.A.(I da' whitey here Bitch! wheres my glass dick!)Good Luck on Matrimony.....Congrats
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 7:04:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Uh, just what kind of deal is this if there aren't going to be any naked womenz giving lap dances and doing the lollipop trick?

View Quote

Got that covered; *****'s mom is gonna be there.

Hawathl, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel!
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 7:28:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 9:05:37 AM EDT
[#19]
STEVE-IN-VA:
Hi steve,if you can get away for a afternoon, i'll meet you at DESERT SPORTSMAN'S RANGE,its about 15min. from the strip if you hit all green lights.BUY SOME AMMO, I WILL BRING THE GUNS< AUTOS: M249 SAW, COLT 9MM, M16A2, SL8K, M11/9 ,GLOCK 18, AND MAYBE AN MP5, IF THE AUTO CARRIER COMES IN.
SEMI: M4A1 W/GEMTECH SUPPRESSOR, SL8.

If you think i'm BSing you, I made the same offer to i guy in CANADA that i talked to on www.HKPRO.com and he and his partner took me up of the offer.They bought around 1200rds of 556 and only 300rds of 9mm, they payed my son to link up 800rds for the 249, the rest was in mags. An they had a blast!!!!!!!He (steve from canada)couldnt beleive that at DSMRPC Range he could do 200rd bursts from the SAW!!!We also did some fire and maneuver, I still have a "nasty" scab on my elbow, from hitting the dirt so many times.
TO say the lease, they were a 1000rds short!!!
But it was getting cold, so they didnt get to do any night shooting with the PAC4, PVS4, PVS7.

The offer is open, Go to www.hkpro.com/hkpro boards/hk talk/help me on my hk quest to nevada. In that thread he posted a pic of his partner holding the SAW with the Gemtech on it,And telling what a great time he had. "NO BS"
LARRY
AREA51 GUNS/THE ARMS ROOM
PAHRUNP, NV
FFL/SOT2

ITS A SHAME YOU ARE NOT COMMING OUT NEXT WEEKEND. THE MONTHLY SMG MATCHS ARE AT  DESERT SPORTSMAN RANGE, "SOME TOTALY AWESOME STUFF"
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 12:36:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Steve,

I will be in Chesapeake the 18th, practice shooting part of the day on the 19th for unofficial IDPA shoot at Blackwater on 20th and 21st. I am psyched for this event!  We can get you a beer that Friday, and maybe a boatride at the Volvo shop?  At least that is probably our plan for the 19th.

Not that you deserve it, as I have said before, VA shooters have it too good in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 5:57:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Zoub,

Sounds like a plan- is that shoot filled up?  I tried to do the last one but we got "burned" out (wood fire in Currituck).  Did you go through Greg Moreno to sign up?  Email me before you arrive and I'll give you my number.  

Larry- we are all over that.  I'll call you Monday.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 6:15:00 PM EDT
[#22]
[url]http://www.thegunstorelasvegas.com/[/url]  Here's the website for The Gun Store.  I shot HK MP5 and Uzi while I was there.  I wanted to shoot suppressed Mac10 also but I lost so much $ gambling and couldn't afford it.  They got coupon for gun rental on their website.  Didnt like the Uzi but MP5 was SWEEEEEEEET.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 6:15:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Steve,

I signed up through my brother.  I am drawing  a blank on who sent me my info but I have that at my office.  I am not sure if it is filled up but I will find out tomorrow.  I heard about the fire.

I am looking forward to this match.  Roughly 15-16 courses of fire plus side matches for shotgun and backups.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 6:25:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You can always skip out after a few hours.  I think by around 1pm, they had us firing bursts out of the Uzis.

If you go there, you might want to spend the night before out in Pahrump, which is where FS is located.  The Nugget is a pretty nice place;  I've heard good things about Terrible's as well (with a name like Terrible's, they've got to be good [:D]).
View Quote
 Pahramp?  LOL!!!!  Lets see....chicken ranch, Sheri's ranch, etc....  
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 9:45:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
STEVE-IN-VA:
Hi steve,if you can get away for a afternoon, i'll meet you at DESERT SPORTSMAN'S RANGE,its about 15min. from the strip if you hit all green lights.BUY SOME AMMO, I WILL BRING THE GUNS< AUTOS: M249 SAW, COLT 9MM, M16A2, SL8K, M11/9 ,GLOCK 18, AND MAYBE AN MP5, IF THE AUTO CARRIER COMES IN.
SEMI: M4A1 W/GEMTECH SUPPRESSOR, SL8.

View Quote

Crap, Larry... can I come play too?  I gots ammo!  Just a quick question, too... I'm # 202 on the desert sportsmans waiting list; How long do you think till they'll let me in? Just so I don't get myself wound up too tight waiting.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 1:15:14 AM EDT
[#26]
The MP5 at The Gun Store has been through many ar15.com'ers hands.  I was there last Christman.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 6:00:13 AM EDT
[#27]
GUNBERT: I remenber hearing over two months ago that the membership freeze was lifted,Come to the SMG MATCH on Sunday and ask TONY, The match director.And shoot in it,You dont half to be a member to shoot in any of the matches.

You cant miss me,l'm the only one in my age group(late thirties) that doesnt use a mp5, I use a suppressed colt 9mm, i'm not a big mp5 fan.And I use the 249 in the team shoot.

COME ON OUT!!!
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 12:28:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Sounds like a plan- is that shoot filled up? I tried to do the last one but we got "burned" out (wood fire in Currituck). Did you go through Greg Moreno to sign up?
View Quote

Steve, this shoot is with the IDPA guys.  I believe the guys are George Hartsell and Ron Reiner.  Were you signed up for the IPSIC match that was "burned out"?  My brother said some of the IPSIC  guys shoot in the IDPA and vice versa.  I don't know if it is filed up yet.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 6:10:21 AM EDT
[#29]
//////// please keep me imformed steve on your trip to Vegas, no last minute stuf,

LARRY .
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 8:54:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Thanks LarryG36... Murphy's law kicked in;  I went home the other night and my membership to DS was in the mail.  See you out there!
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 10:17:23 PM EDT
[#31]
GUNBERT, LOADING MAGS FOR TOMARROWS SMG MATCH,I SHOOT THE COLT 9MM SD, AND I USE THE M249 IN THE TEAM SHOOT.COME OVER AND SAY HI!!!

STEVE ARE YOU STILL COMMING TO VEGAS????

****THE COLT M16/9MM RULES************
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 10:44:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you go (to FrontSight), you might want to spend the night before out in Pahrump
View Quote
 Pahramp?  LOL!!!!  Lets see....chicken ranch, Sheri's ranch, etc....  
View Quote

Yep, just out the driveway, up the road a mile or two, and down the whorehouses' driveway.  I saw the signs for them on the way into town;  I think they're all down the same side road.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 4:38:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The MP5 at The Gun Store has been through many ar15.com'ers hands.  I was there last Christman.  
View Quote

Mine too.  I was pleasantly surprised at how ergonomic it was, and how easy it was to handle and accurately fire.

The Uzi has its advantages, but it is nowhere near as "friendly" as the MP5.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top