Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2002 10:21:15 PM EDT
Lessee.

They kept screwing up my credit-card stuff.
They terminated my ATM card for my checking account, so they could send me one that would be "more convenient" (have a VISA logo on it -- which I never requested and didn't want) -- while I was on a work assignment away from home for a year.
They didn't tell me they terminated my ATM card;  instead, they claimed it was a "network outage" for over a week, forcing me to borrow money from coworkers for lunch/gas/everything.
They bought out the credit-card company I switched to to get away from them.
They screwed up my "not Citibank" credit card by never mailing me statements.
They attacked my girlfriend for daring to (gasp) use her card for a large purchase which was well within her credit limit.
They bitched at my girlfriend after she paid that purchase off in full, threatening her with criminal charges -- because the Citibank representative who called talked to a roommate and didn't understand that she wasn't my girlfriend.
They screwed my neighbor over -- bought out the corporation she worked at, mismanaged it into bankruptcy, and closed it down.  She's nearly 60.

Do you get the impression these people don't want my business?  Or anyone else's?

Do you understand why I refer to them as "Shittybank"?

Do you understand why I terminated yet another credit card with them?
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 10:37:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never had a problem with my Citibank account.  High credit line, low interest, seems pretty good to me.  Also have a Chase account( I know some of you dont like them), they have been real good even when ripped off by a couple people on Ebay, always got my money back.
Bill3508
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 11:48:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Can you join a credit union?  Happiest day of my life when I withdrew all my money from those bastards at Wells Fargo and joined a credit union.  Look into it, there is usually an "in" somewhere.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 1:22:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh, I have accounts and cards elsewhere now -- I terminated my ShittiBank account and cards, mostly a long time ago.  The only one left was the one from the outfit they bought out, and that got torched the day after my girlfriend got threatened by their representative.  I just think they're a lousy excuse for a company.

Mainly, I'm pissed at the latest nonsense that they inflicted on my girlfriend.  I mean, how utterly stupid does a company have to be in order to harrass and threaten someone who has (a) been a reliable customer for years, (b) paid her debts in full and on time, and (c) not done anything wrong in any sense?

Then again, how utterly stupid does a company have to be to terminate a customer's ATM card, which has another couple of years to run before it "expires", just so they can add a marketing logo to it so he can "use it for purchases at Visa merchants"?  Why the hell would I want to use my bank account ATM card for that??  I have, and had, credit cards for merchant purchases, especially since (back then, anyway) debit cards didn't have any protection against theft.  An ATM card is for the purpose of withdrawing cash so I can buy lunch and gasoline.  What a concept.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top