Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2002 8:50:14 PM EDT
House Dog or Yard Dog.

Most of us have dogs, I have 2. But where does yours live? And why?

[img]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0LQAAAJEOszu*qFAb2buTJm3m3SX7zFvaXBpp7upwoCTPWhJ15AmO55EzCWCxxOOH29omNpZyPh0/dog03.JPG[/img]

...as you can see, I have house dogs. They let me stay because I feed them. I prefer they be house dogs so they are more territorial and protective of my home. They sleep in the bedroom and are usally nearby so that they will be protective of us.

That and they are kinda family.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 8:52:43 PM EDT
[#1]
So much for less posting ehhh Steyr??[;)]

Anyway, I prefer dogs to be outside in the yard..........preferably 6' under.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 8:55:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So much for less posting ehhh Steyr??[;)]

Anyway, I prefer dogs to be outside in the yard..........preferably 6' under.

Sgtar15
View Quote

With people like you, how can I stay away?

And you don't like dogs? What kind of person don't like dogs? Poodles, I understand. But you don't like dogs? WTF is that?
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 8:56:14 PM EDT
[#3]
All 4 of our Rotties are spoiled house pets.
Wouldn't have it any other way.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 8:59:36 PM EDT
[#4]
She's part golden lab and part blue heeler.  What a combination.  Looks like a golden lab.  Great dog and full of love.  Oh yea, definetly stays in the house.  Between her and the 2 cats, I'm just glad they let US stay inside.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 9:04:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Three German Shepherd Dogs all inside because they own the house, LOL.

Eight Rough Collies alternate inside/outside. Outside so their coats grow out for shows, inside because they love the company of us inferrior humans[:D]

I'll post pics as soon as I get a scanner.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 9:12:38 PM EDT
[#6]
i have a blk labrador that's in the house.  i don't trust people enough to leave her outside for a while.  

A2cat_man;  YELLOW Lab,  there is no such thing as a golden lab.  sorry, it just bothers me..
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 10:33:03 PM EDT
[#7]
When I get mine, definitely OUTSIDE.

A few years ago, I had to go help a guy who has a couple of inside-the-house dogs.  The place reeked.

A few weeks ago, I did some computer setup for a neighbor with a few inside-the-house dogs.  The place reeked.

A friend just got a small-breed puppy of some sort.  Her place now reeks.

Dogs are nice.  Dogs are fun.  Dogs reek.  Dogs belong OUTSIDE.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 10:38:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
i have a blk labrador that's in the house.  i don't trust people enough to leave her outside for a while.  

A2cat_man;  YELLOW Lab,  there is no such thing as a golden lab.  sorry, it just bothers me..
View Quote

O.K.  I guess I stand corrected.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 10:48:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
When I get mine, definitely OUTSIDE.

A few years ago, I had to go help a guy who has a couple of inside-the-house dogs.  The place reeked.

A few weeks ago, I did some computer setup for a neighbor with a few inside-the-house dogs.  The place reeked.

A friend just got a small-breed puppy of some sort.  Her place now reeks.

Dogs are nice.  Dogs are fun.  Dogs reek.  Dogs belong OUTSIDE.
View Quote

Much like people, if you don't wash them, they REEK.

I was in a house where the children weren't washed regularly and it reeked.

Also helps if they don't piss or shit on the floor. Applies to both dogs and children.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 10:55:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Actually Steyr I am more of a cat person.  Cats are quiet, indepdant and clean.  Dogs usually are load, high maintance, and needy.

However, I do have a fondness for German Shepards.  Poodles BTW are really dogs IMHO, they are more like an accessary item.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 12:02:15 AM EDT
[#11]
I have two dogs.  One German Sheperd and one mix breed.

They both live inside and have complete run of the house.  My German Sheperd is VERY protective of "her" house and I like it that way.

medcop
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 12:25:03 AM EDT
[#12]
My shep/rott is inside most times, outside when he wants to be. Like SteyrAUG said, if you are going to keep a dog indoors (or people for that matter) frequent baths are necessary. It helps to have a dog that loves getting a bath! All I have to do is get the doggie shampoo out and my dog is ready! The only thing is keeping him from rolling around in something nasty, especially right after bathing - dogs like to stink. It also helps to brush them a lot - nothing worse than a house full of hair and dander. If you aren't willing to do the work, don't get a dog. Dogs kept outdoors exclusively are usually so funky that YOU stink after petting them.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 1:25:32 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a flat coated retriever and an Australian Cattle Dog.

I had every intention of making and keeping them outside dogs.  I grew up with "that's where dogs belong".  Now I have to vacuum the couch and kick them off of my pillow.

The dog houses do look pretty cool though.  So instead of recycling them, I kept them in the yard as lawn ornaments.  Hey... my wife would've put in gnomes.  [:D]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 7:16:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:A2cat_man;  YELLOW Lab,  there is no such thing as a golden lab.  sorry, it just bothers me..
View Quote

Wrong biscuit breath! [:D] I have a Golden Retriever/Yellow Lab mix. Hence: Golden Lab!

[beer]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 3:40:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Two inside dogs. A black lab and a JRT/mix. In AZ, it's just easier to have them inside. Great to have them around. BTW Steyr, cool-lookin' pup.

coyote3
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 3:53:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Actually Steyr I am more of a cat person.  Cats are quiet, indepdant and clean.  Dogs usually are load, high maintance, and needy.

However, I do have a fondness for German Shepards.  Poodles BTW are really dogs IMHO, they are more like an accessary item.

Sgtar15
View Quote

Dude, are you a chick? Oh Man This is RICH! Where do I start-cat person, thinks that poodles are dogs, thinks dogs are a loud, high maintance, and needy. You did say that you are a cat person, right? I am guessing that Sgt stands for Sargeant. Whatever you do, do not let your chain of command or your soldiers hear about this-you will lose all possible respectibility in their eyes. By the way, cats may not smell, but everything that they touch does. Besides, I have never met a cat that likes to be bathed. SgtAR15, you just made my day[;D]!
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 3:58:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Mine thinks he's a person and sleeps on the bed, goes to work every day and rides along out onto the course with me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top