Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2002 6:28:40 PM EDT
Have you called your reps about the new CCW bill?
I think we have a real chamce of getting it passed this year, so please call or write your state reps.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 7:02:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been monitoring this one closely too, SS109.  
The paintball shooting in Lakewood seems to have occurred at a particularly bad time, but I hope that it won't make a significant difference.  

I am a resident of Boulder.  As you may or may not know, it is very difficult, if not essentially impossible, for the "typical" person to demonstrate a "need" sufficient to convince the chief of police to issue the permit.  Any City of Boulder officer will tell a citizen that an application to the sheriff is generally the best, and often only, option.  

Where do you look to keep current on the status of 1410?  CSSA?  NRA?  Packing.org?  The house's web site?  

I too have faith that this will pass.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 8:37:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 8:42:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
We can hope,

Stan Matsunaka is one of the co sponsors of the bill, So I am wondering what his game is?
View Quote

Stan is running for the 4th district this fall and knows that his name on legislation of this type will have a tremendous cache in the district (Eastern Plains) that he is running in.  It is essentially the same bill he has killed every year for years.  Hey, sometimes politics works in our favor.  Wouldn't hurt Bill "the turncoat" Owen's chances to sign it either...
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 8:49:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top