Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2002 1:57:15 PM EDT
A large number of my friends who recently got out of the military received letters reacalling them back to active service. Has anyone else heard any thing about this? I just departed the Army in august so thats why I want to know.

Thanks
Melvin
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 2:07:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I got out in August too. That would be August of 1999. I am awaiting my letter any day now. I will fly 10,000 miles to smoke a Camel [;)]!
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 2:07:58 PM EDT
[#2]
The IRR is being re-activate piece by piece.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 2:10:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 2:13:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I have not heard anything. I too have been put on IRR status since I have not drilled in a yr.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 7:23:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I retired in "94". A friend brought up the inactive reserve thing a few months back. He retired in 2001 and was concerned. I've been away too long and I'm an old fart anyway. (50 in Dec) I used to get a letter every year telling me to maintain mil standards of fitness and 4 sets of BDU's.  Yea, right, I'm retired, leave me alone.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 9:48:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Every once in a while they recall to get an idea of the hard numbers of ppl they have available..what kind of shape they're in and what not.
I haven't heard of any recall to perminent active duty.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 7:25:30 AM EDT
[#7]
My grandfather used to participate in recall exercises for retirees (they were voluntary). He would basically get called back to active duty for a few days or a week, travel to a miltary base (I think it was usually Fort Knox), get in-processed back into the Army, and then get out-processed and go home. If I remember correctly, he got his retirement pay during those periods, and got paid his AD O-6 pay for the days he participated, so he basically made a few hundred bucks for going out of town for a couple of days. He would have done it for free, of course, becuase that is just the kind of guy that served, back then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top