Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2002 12:42:31 PM EDT
A bummer that the other thread got locked, as this fits into it.  I really didn't think that it was devolving into any flame wars or uselessness, either.
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=106110[/url]
But anyway.

Mary Kay LeTourneau has been in the news for the last couple of days here in WA, because her former 12-year-old "lover" is suing the school and town.

One of the things she did, early on, was to play "strip quiz" with him -- give him a quiz, and for every right answer she'd remove one of her items of clothing.  Which is what I thought of when I saw this thread:

[blue]Well, oops.  It looks like that "college tutor quiz" thread got deleted.[/blue] [:D]

Quoted:
Quoted:
What I always want to know about this is, "Why the double standard?"  Think about it - if an older man goes after a minor girl, all Hell breaks loose and there's talk of castration and MAJOR jail time!  If an older woman goes after a teenage boy, it's no big deal, or "Harmless" - unless there is a pregnancy involved...
If sex with a minor is to be illegal, then make it illegal NO MATTER WHICH PARTNER IS THE MINOR!  If BOTH partners are minors (BTDT,) then something should happen as well.  The "You know better" defense won't stand as well as it would otherwise, but it's still SOMETHING to think about...
View Quote

I think recently there was a prosecution of a woman teacher having an affair with a male student, and she had a child by him. She is now in prison after violating probation and meeting with him again. But generally the man is always prosecuted.
View Quote

Washington state, Mary Kay LeTourneau, a schoolteacher who "groomed" and then repeatedly had sex with one of her 12-year-old male students, Vili Fuulau.  He and his mother are now suing the school district and local police for not stopping the affair.  LeTourneau got pregnant by him twice, and he and his mother are now taking care of the two toddlers.

Through the early part of news coverage on this, the press was leaning toward LeTourneau's side, and she was actually released after serving a few months of her first sentence -- but almost immediately after being released from prison for her first conviction, LeTourneau violated the no-contact order and started screwing the kid (then around 14-15) again.  That was when she got pregnant for the second time.  She was caught within a couple of weeks of release, IIRC, and is now serving 7 1/2 years.

Fuulau is now a very messed-up 18-year-old with two small children to take care of.  He's been arrested for (IIRC) drug possession and car theft.  He might have gotten messed up even if he hadn't been molested, but then again maybe not.

So, [red]FreeFireZone[/red], glad you got away with it and had fun, but your situation isn't what the laws are about anyway.

[red]The_Macallan[/red], I thought you were offbeat for posting your prediction a few months ago, but since then I have seen so many articles and "positive" stories in the news that I think you're right.

Quoted:
The very idea of sexual attraction to a child, yes, a child under the age of eighteen by anyone older than eighteen is so morally repugnant as to defy any defense whatsoever!
View Quote

Two words: "Britney Spears". [:p]
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 12:56:47 PM EDT
[#1]
In West Virginia people have sex with MINERS all the time!

Montani Semper Liberari!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top