Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2002 5:36:17 AM EDT
I went to see WE WERE SOLDIERS, and during the previews, I got to
see a trailer of the new Clancy movie, THE SUM OF ALL FEARS....

And I am fucking pissed at Hollyweird now.

They completely BUTCHERED Clancy's story to make a thinly veiled
political point!

In the book a muslim terrorist group dug up an old
Isreali Atomic bomb that was buried in the Golan
Heights when the A-4 it was being carried on was
shot down in '73

Well, in the hollyWIERD version, it's a fanatical MILITA
composed  of american NEO-NAZIS who make an atomic bomb.

fvck that shit, I am NOT seeing the movie;
even though it looks like it will have a KKKool
scene of a nuke blast and it's aftereffects,
along with a koool scene of an attack on a US
CVN.

This is nothing but a thinly veiled screed against
militas written by Hollyweird.

They also dumped Harrison Ford as Jack Ryan for
that Queer Ben Affleck after Harrison Ford wanted
his character to defuse the nuke at t-minus 2
seconds on the timer...

Garbage all the way...Clancy should refuse the rights
to any more of his books ASAP, and SUE them!

Here are some revelant links:

http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3b2027c96224.htm”
HOLLYWOOD TWISTS "SUM OF ALL FEARS"

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/644052/posts
“Neo-Nazis” are now the villains in the film version of Tom Clancy’s THE SUM OF ALL FEARS
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 6:47:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, we wouldn't want to piss off those sensitive Ay-rabs, would we? I mean, that's only how the book was written. But really, what's a little PC whitewash between friends?

It's not like the Arabs would actually [b]try[/b] to come up with weapons of mass destruction, right?

[b]Right?[/b] [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 6:58:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 7:00:29 AM EDT
[#3]
That's pathetic.  I liked the book, too.  I agree, Clancy should refuse future rights and sue them.

grrr.  [:(!]

-kill-9
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 7:11:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I thought after the butchering of "A Clear and Present Danger,"  Tom learned his lesson.  Apparently not.  

The book was terrifying, it makes you think.

This movie sounds like a waste of my extremely valuable time.  
Time once spent, I cannot get back.  
Gone.  
If I see this movie, alls it will do is bring me that much closer to death
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 7:47:18 AM EDT
[#5]
sounds like the only thing similar is the title and a nuke.....if I remember correctly there were a lot of good undercover ops in the middle east done by Clark and Chavez while they were Ryans body guards.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 7:50:54 AM EDT
[#6]
What Bullsh*t!

Like bilster said, I thought that Clear and Present Danger sucked.

I've read both of these books and I thought that the "liberties" taken with Clear and resent Danger were bad enough.  

I wonder if there is a link at the studio web-site where we can voice our opinions, or maybe with Mr. Clancy himself.

I think Clancy probably is biting his tongue in the interest of a big paycheck.  You know all the chics and homos and other libs are going to be flocking to the theatres to see this.

Since when have the Neo-nazis done anything as horrific as the Muslims?  I hate this BS about offending the Arab or muslim community.  If they don't like being associated with terrorists, then maybe they ought to do something about it!  We don't hear anything or see anything from the muslim community that indicates that they support the war on terror.  However, we have seen pictures of arabs and muslims dancing and rejoicing when the WTC and Pentagon were hit.

F-ing Hollyweird!  I'm sure somewhere in the movie, theyll take a big dump on gunowners by making some sort of connection between gun ownership and Neo-nazis too.

Edited to add that I have no love for neo-nazis, but lets face it, the neo-nazis haven't killed several thousand innocent people yet.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 7:52:38 AM EDT
[#7]
did you think even for one minute that an Israeli nuke (which is denied to exist, even though everyone knows it does) would be allowed to be detonated on U.S. soil in a movie financed by ....ah .....hollywood.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 7:55:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Boycott the movie.  Use the money you save to buy ammo.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 7:55:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Does anyone know of a email addy to send a quick "POLITE" note to Tom regarding the degredation of his books in film?
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 8:08:42 AM EDT
[#10]

Here is the movie website:
[url]http://www.sumofallfearsmovie.com/[/url]

Link Posted: 4/4/2002 8:16:10 AM EDT
[#11]
After I made the mistake of paying money to go see THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER, I promised myself never again.

Good to see my appraisal hasn't changed.

Stay away!

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/sadness.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 8:16:10 AM EDT
[#12]
I guess "Debt of Honor" and "Executive Order" will never be made into movies what with all the changes Hollysuck would be forced to make.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 8:16:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Here is an e-mail address for Paramount Pictures where you can voice your comments on the film.
[url][email protected][/url]
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 8:16:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I have learned over the years that if I have read a good book to NEVER go see the movie. I was disappointed every time.
View Quote

Lord of the Rings being the exception.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 8:22:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Wow, no matter how you feel about how Hollywood butchered the book, the trailer indicates a very entertaining movie.  That is, assumming you can stomach Ben Affleck as Jack Ryan.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 8:30:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have learned over the years that if I have read a good book to NEVER go see the movie. I was disappointed every time.
View Quote

Lord of the Rings being the exception.
View Quote

You beat me to it.  I will not go see another Clancy movie since they PC them so much.  Oh, well.  I'll save the money for the LoTR DVD.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 8:45:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Are you sure the instigator was "American Neo Nazis"?

From the same trailer, I got the impression the plot line was, Germany was losing WW2, so went underground and orchestrated the Cold War so that their two primary enemies, The US and Russia, would do each other in thereby letting Germany step back in and assume power after they are nullified.

Harrison Ford is/was my favorite Jack Ryan, much better than that fag Baldwin. I will give Ben a chance and decide if I like him AFTER I see the movie.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 8:56:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Tom Clancy has often compalined that Harrison Ford is too old and has to Dour a personality to play Jack Ryan.

Ben Affleck is closer to the correct age.

When Without Remorse was in preproduction Keanue Reeves was offered the role of the young "Clark". Which is certainly a better choice than that scrawny twerp William Dafoe.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 12:09:13 PM EDT
[#19]
We know.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 1:59:27 PM EDT
[#20]
BTW, bastardized Tom Clancey flicks are still superior to 95% of what's coming out of Hollywoods these days...

Hmmm... "Sum Of All Fears" or that Kathy Bates movie...hmmm. Or maybe that Wayans Bros. movie, can't get enough Wayans Bros.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 4:40:56 PM EDT
[#21]
When Without Remorse was in preproduction Keanue Reeves was offered the role of the young "Clark". Which is certainly a better choice than that scrawny twerp William Dafoe.
View Quote

Keanu Reeves is one of the most untalented actors of all time.  He reminds me of a catatonic turnip.

At least Willem DaFoe can act, and act well.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 5:40:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Nobody asked, but I think W Dafoe makes an [I]outstanding [/I] Clark.

Edited to add:

I DLed and watchted the trailer, they give too much away.

I cringed when I saw the same guy playing the POS president as in CaPD.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 5:47:34 PM EDT
[#23]

Ben Affleck is too young and is Horrible to watch.
Baldwin is of the correct type/age to play it now. Too bad he's a POS.

Willem DaFoe is a good actor.
He would be a better choice for Clark than most of those mentioned.
Although he's looking a little too old now.

Link Posted: 4/4/2002 6:34:42 PM EDT
[#24]
I will probley go see this movie, About the only thing I really look forward to is seeing Mr. Clark. I think the guy who is playing him is going to do a really good job. Also Judging from the Previews I think Morgan Freedman Would of made a better Jack Ryan. I am not seing this movie becuase of Ben Aflak, But more to see Morgan Freedman and the way Clark is betrayed. Also I read on the net the next Movie that is going to be made is Rainbow Six or Without Remorse. Matt Damon is suppose to be Clark.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top