Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2002 10:27:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 10:31:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I saw something on Sweaty Teddy on VH1 a few months ago.

If you thought he was the king before, watch that and still be amazed!
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 10:33:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Ted Nugent=Future NRA President
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 10:34:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't remember if it was Maxim or Stuff, but one of the two ran a piece on him, check it out sometime. This guy is a real piece of work.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 10:34:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Yup' the motor city madman gets my vote for best artist of the decade. HEY! that would be a great new catagory at the gramm........ Oh! never mind. The award would probably go to a Rap scumbag who sings about "Bustin' caps in da Ho'"
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 10:48:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Ted Nugent=Future NRA President

I SECOND THAT MOTION!!!
(NRA Member)
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 10:53:15 PM EDT
[#6]
beekeeper,
I'll have to say that my favorite "The Nug" quote appears on the wrapper of his "Ted Nugent Gonzo Biltong" beef jerky package.  He's sitting on a buffalo, quiver raised in the air, with the caption:

"I testdrive all meat!"

Hilarious.

Have only seen it once, on a Chippewa reservation in MI, but I'm keeping my eyes peeled. . .
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 10:53:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Ted's the Man all right!

Imagine him on one of those survival shows!

Eric The(EveryoneWouldGainWeight!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 11:53:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Saw him at the Shot Show and sat across from him waiting to get a table to eat lunch.  Seems like a hell of a guy.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 2:16:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Well I like the Nuge since he buys rifles from Prairie gun works here in Canada. Great company run by great people.

[img]http://www.prairiegunworks.com/1d62cce0.jpg[/img]
Ted Nugent and Ross Spagrud working together to ensure the future of
hunting and lawful firearms ownership.  Calgary, Ab. July 2001

[img]http://www.prairiegunworks.com/1b82ce10.jpg[/img]
Ted and Steve discussing the finer points of firearms, guitars, and hunting.
Winnipeg, Mb. July 2000.

[img]http://www.prairiegunworks.com/35a90090.jpg[/img]
Ted Nugent's M15Ti in 300 WSM

And if you want to be like The Nuge:
[url]http://www.prairiegunworks.com/[/url]

Just a tad bit expensive...
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 2:41:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Been a Nugent fan for about thirty years now.  Not many guys can handle a firearm and a guitar.

I am not into music of any kind, and screeching Rock is only a little above Rap,...
View Quote

You've listened to more rap than I have if you can make that kind of comparasion.

Eddie
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 5:25:24 AM EDT
[#11]
I have seen the Nuge in concert three times.  Two out of the three he places his quitar on a board and has it lifted up over the stage.  He then takes his bow and fires a flaming arrow into....AWESOME!

The Nuge ROCKS!!

medcop
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 8:04:08 AM EDT
[#12]
SCARECROW - The only clothes Ted managed to change in a year was his hat?
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 8:08:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
SCARECROW - The only clothes Ted managed to change in a year was his hat?
View Quote

LOL! I noticed that too. Its weird.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 8:16:32 AM EDT
[#14]
If you think that is cool you need to read his book "God, Guns & Rock'N'Roll". it's great, you can find a copy cheap on ebay, half.com, etc. Bloodtrails is good too, he even signed mine.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 8:16:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You've listened to more rap than I have if you can make that kind of comparasion.

Eddie
View Quote

I was thinking the same thing.  He is awesome in concert.  Six foot (propane) bonfire on stage when he sung Fred Bear, shooting his guitar with his bow, and singing Kiss My Glock!
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 8:27:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eddie
View Quote

I was thinking the same thing.  He is awesome in concert.  Six foot (propane) bonfire on stage when he sung Fred Bear, shooting his guitar with his bow, and singing Kiss My Glock!
View Quote

Did you go to the Nissan Pavilion concert last year? I'm still pissed that they had a "no weapons" policy.  Very ironic at a Ted Nugent concert.....
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 3:21:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 3:34:44 PM EDT
[#18]
I went to hear a relative of mine play with  Nugent.  I didn't know much about Ted Nugent, so his performance was, ummm, unexpected.  I couldn't believe he made the phrase (excuse the language) "Janet Reno is a whore!" musical.  He just repeated it over and over again.  Not many people can turn an insult into a work of art.z
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 3:41:33 PM EDT
[#19]
"Hell, I had my Glock with four clips on my belt." Ted

I wonder if Ted meant hair clips.

Ted has his own gun forum. I have registered, but I have never posted. I think he shows up on line every once and a while.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 3:42:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 4:15:56 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm familiar with Ted since he lives here in Michigan.  He has a very vulgar tongue that I find annoying.  If he can't control his speech I don't want him representing me in the NRA.
[peep]
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 4:24:39 PM EDT
[#22]
From what I have noted of Nugent he is the only one (celebrities) that believes that the government is after the sporting firearms (sniper rifles [30-30 lever scoped]and sniper pistols [Thompson contender scoped])and at the same time he believes that freedom to bear arms means any firearm (any firearm means ANY FIREARM).  I don't know when the NRA elections are but I believe that Nugent would really re-work the NRA to what it was meant to be from its inception.

Iso
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 4:28:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Beekeeper,

I was just taking a shot.  I like most types of music, however, I don't consider cRap music.  I grew up with rock.  My dad had a friend in the music industry so he was always bringing home the latest records.  Nothing like the snap, crackle, pop of vinyl.

Eddie  
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 4:30:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Been a Nugent fan for about thirty years now.  Not many guys can handle a firearm and a guitar.

View Quote

You have not seen me operate.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 4:52:20 PM EDT
[#25]
I love rock, especially classic rock, but I'm not a big fan of the Nuge.  However, as a person and a celebrity, I am a huge fan.  It's always great to have a big name championing the Second Amendment, and I would love having him as the next president of the NRA.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 5:36:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I love rock, especially classic rock, but I'm not a big fan of the Nuge.  However, as a person and a celebrity, I am a huge fan.  It's always great to have a big name championing the Second Amendment, and I would love having him as the next president of the NRA.
View Quote

Ditto. I have never been "into" most of his music, but I really admire his very strong anti-drug/pro-gun/pro-hunting stances. And he has a very sharp non-PC witt I like.

But like Nekkid80 said, Ted tells it like it is and has a very sharp tongue and he doesn't seem to know when to hold it. Thus it may be a rather bad idea to have Ted as NRA president.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 7:59:29 PM EDT
[#27]
He will never be NRA president since he mirrors my views on firearms ownership, the second ammendment, wilderness areas, and hunting.

He doesn't mince words.

He's THE MAN.

I was out in the garage today with "Double Live Gonzo" CRANKED.  Woohoo!!

[50]

Tate

Link Posted: 4/4/2002 8:18:40 PM EDT
[#28]
[img]http://www.mallninja.com/images/pdrm0087.jpg[/img]

As you can see from the expression on SinistralRifleman's face, Ted Nugent is not only cooler than imagined, but the coolest thing imagineable! Just look at the glee on that man's face![:D]

Nuge was at the SHOT Show-his music isn't my style, but his politics are the best you're gonna get from Hollywood.

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 8:26:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 9:23:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Did you go to the Nissan Pavilion concert last year? I'm still pissed that they had a "no weapons" policy.  Very ironic at a Ted Nugent concert.....
View Quote

Yes, I did.  It was awesome, as you know I suppose.  I had not been to Nissan before and had my SOG Paratool on my belt, my Schrade Folder and the Leatherman Micra on my keychain.  I left the knife in the truck and they told me I could not have my SOG, so I went back to my truck, back in line then they said I could not have the damn Micra on my key chain!!!  Back to the truck again.  How ridiculous.  But it was worth it, third row behind the pit.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 2:39:10 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

What label are you with?

Eddie
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 5:28:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

What label are you with?

Eddie
View Quote

Independent producer/studio owner. Can still shred like nobody's business, but the wife sorta wanted me outta the club scene (too many wild women runnin' around, ya know?)so now i'm like the low-budget Mutt Lange of west-central Illinois[BD]. Some of my clients are playing sat. nite at the BRC. Check em out here[url]www.mahoneybrothers.com[/url]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 5:57:54 PM EDT
[#33]
beekeeper,having grown up in west michigan,I've been crankin out with uncle Ted for 25yrs.now..seen him 8 times ,he's always gettin better.You'll really dig his songs,just take your best earplugs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top