Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2002 3:53:33 PM EDT
[url]http://www.jewishvoiceforpeace.org/current/petition.html[/url]

Thought it would be nazis, huh...
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 3:57:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Shame how some Jewish people in this country seem to lose all their good sense when it comes to politics.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 4:28:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
A Jewish Voice for Peace (JVP) is a San Francisco Bay Area grassroots organization dedicated to the human, civil and economic rights of Jews, Palestinians, and all peoples in the Middle East. We believe that the Palestinian-Israeli conflict will be resolved only when Israel removes its Jewish settlements and other occupation installations in the Palestinian territories, grants freedom and the right to self-representation for Palestinian Arabs, and addresses the legitimate claims of Palestinian refugees.
View Quote

View Quote

so by their thinking then, the next logical step is to allow all the illegal (oops, legal) immigrants autonomy in governing themselves and to hell with U.S. and state law?

what the hell happened to sovereignty?
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 4:37:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Amazing what self-loathing American Jews can do to themselves, ain't it AUG?

BTW did you go vote in the 'Pick a Side' Poll?

It's running about 90% - 10% in favor of Israel just going in and.....well, it's better if you simply go look for yourself.

I hope you have a strong stomach for what you'll see there.

I'll pass on the petition, as well as the one demanding the US get out of Afghanistan, and the one for open criminal trials for the detainees at Gitmo, and the one for banning private sales of weapons at gun shows....

Well, you get the picture.

Eric The(Consistent)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 4:39:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, nazis or people from San Francisco.  

You have a serious problem with how much money we throw at our allies... Write somebody who cares.  All you're doing here is trolling.

I thought this was going to be a serious thread.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 5:09:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It's running about 90% - 10% in favor of Israel just going in and.....well, it's better if you simply go look for yourself.

View Quote

Eric, for me there was no side in that poll.

By far the worst thing for Israel would be to do as that poll suggests.

You and I may be on different sides of this issue (nation-wide, generally about 80% of the U.S. favors your views)but I hope Sharon and Arafat can be stopped before either or both does something terminally stupid.

For the majority of U.S. citizens support for Israel runs wide but not very deep.  I didn't post that topic about "Cutting-off the oil supply...." for no reason.  The truth is if Israeli actions were to directly impact the U.S. economy U.S. support would rapidly evaporate.
The insanity needs to stop before this happens.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 5:12:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Shame how some Jewish people in this country seem to lose all their good sense when it comes to politics.
View Quote

RikWriter,
at least these people (American Jews) are liberal and consistent.
These are the same people who would take our guns but also would probably disarm the Israeli's as well.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 5:32:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Amazing what self-loathing American Jews can do to themselves, ain't it AUG?

I hope you have a strong stomach for what you'll see there.

I'll pass on the petition, as well as the one demanding the US get out of Afghanistan, and the one for open criminal trials for the detainees at Gitmo, and the one for banning private sales of weapons at gun shows....

Well, you get the picture.

View Quote

Eric, the options in that poll have nothing to do with aid to Israel.  I can see how you're trying to draw out SA, but come on now!  When analyzing the middle east conflict, most normal people would agree that the Israeli's plight reflects our own very closely in regards to terrorism and the Arab threat.  

HOWEVER, when you consider the financial status of Israel, only a buffoon would conclude that Israel deserves money from us!  They obviously have the means to conduct their own war and fight their own battles, so what in hell are we paying for?  Shitty intelligence?  Hatred from other Arab nations for standing by the jews?  We seem to have more problems from our relationship with Israel than we have solutions!  Catch that protest at the American Embassy in Lebanon today over the US support of Israel?  

Hmmmm, I wonder when the next attack on US soil will take place?  Only a matter of time.

I can't blame anything on Israel though, its our fault for putting the apple on our head while the terrorist opens up with his AK47.

Its only a matter of time before you get hit.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 6:01:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Post from Minman72 -
Eric, the options in that poll have nothing to do with aid to Israel.
View Quote

Of course they do, what makes you think otherwise?
I can see how you're trying to draw out SA, but come on now!
View Quote

Well Lord knows, SteyrAUG has said nothing but BS about me and my views on his many threads, but I'm a grown up, I can take it. And I can give back as good as I got!
When analyzing the middle east conflict, most normal people would agree that the Israeli's plight reflects our own very closely in regards to terrorism and the Arab threat.
View Quote

Of course they do. What would make anyone other than SteyrAUG and a few others think any differently?
HOWEVER, when you consider the financial status of Israel, only a buffoon would conclude that Israel deserves money from us!
View Quote

Well the same buffoons that think keeping 91,000 US troops and their dependents in Germany for the last ten years without a Soviet threat is a good idea, think that giving Israel $3 Billion annually is a good idea!

Are they wrong on only one item, or both, or none?
Shitty intelligence?
View Quote

Do you qualify as someone who can truthfully say anything about the quality of Israeli intelligence that it shares with the US?

Eric The(Realistic)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 6:09:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I really is a shame when people with differing views on Israel can have their message distorted and their patriosm called into question.

Especially by people who chose to forgo their duty to serve their country, but for selfish reasons.

Now, without shame comes forth to wave the American flag with heartfelt reverence and patriotism.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 6:11:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

I didn't vote either. The only two options being one side annihilates the other says something about the polls author.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 6:20:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

I didn't vote either. The only two options being one side annihilates the other says something about the polls author.
View Quote

yeah, like he believes the only options are complete annhilation of one side?  not too far off given that at least one side has specifically stated that as a goal and the other side would have to come to that to protect its ass.

i think what he was trying to say was that as long as both exist, there isn't going to be any peace.  it would require the absolute removal of one (or both) to come to any kind of closure.

of course, this ignores the "other arabs out there" aspect, but that's the forest.  we're dealing with the palestinian trees for now.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 6:27:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Post from Am-O-Tramp -
I really is a shame when people with differing views on Israel can have their message distorted and their patriosm called into question.
View Quote

You are so right about that!
Especially by people who chose to forgo their duty to serve their country, but for selfish reasons.
View Quote

Yes, indeed, people like that shouldn't even be [u]entitled[/u] to have an opinion in this great country of ours, much less should they be able to [u]speak[/u] their opinions aloud!
Now, without shame comes forth to wave the American flag with heartfelt reverence and patriotism.
View Quote

Yes, we should be able to veto anyone from waving the flag [u]unless[/u] we all think that he or she is worthy enough to wave the flag and to have a heartfelt reverence for that flag.

I suppose that we could vote on whether or not we would allow them to express any patriotic thoughts as well!

[b]BTW, what country [u]are[/u] we talking about here?[/b]

[b]Pre-collapse Communist Albania?[/b] That mention of the 'American flag' threw me off there for a second!

But I simply know that you couldn't be talking about the United States of America!

Right?

Eric The(Facetious)Hun[>]:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top