Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2002 1:38:29 PM EDT
Despite my presence here, I did not own an AR-15...that is, until today:

[img]http://www.vanfossen.org/images/ar_r.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.vanfossen.org/images/ar_l.jpg[/img]

A brand new Bushmaster 16" A3.  Needless to say, I'm a bit excited.

-kill-9
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 1:42:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 1:47:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats and welcome to the brotherhood!

But remember, now you have to buy all kinds of accessories. Like a red dot. And a tactical sling. And a tactical light. And magazines. And lots and lots of ammo.

It's kind of a black hole. But one into which you don't mind getting sucked.

Link Posted: 4/3/2002 1:55:27 PM EDT
[#3]
At the very least, I plan to add a bipod and a scope.  Because I [b]need[/b] them.

-kill-9
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 6:09:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I plan to add a bipod and a scope.  Because I [b]need[/b] them.

-kill-9
View Quote

Nice rifle.

But a bipod on a shorty???

Sounds like someone needs to eat their spinach...[:D]
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 6:26:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Granted, it isn't the heaviest rifle, but I hope to reach out and touch varmints and I trust the stability of a bipod more than I trust my left forearm.

-kill-9
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 7:10:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Very nice. I had a bipod and scope on my 16 and it worked great for me im sure it will for you as well.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 7:53:07 AM EDT
[#7]
congrats bro! [beer]

Tyler
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 7:59:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Despite my presence here, I did not own an AR-15...that is, until today:

A brand new Bushmaster 16" A3.  Needless to say, [orange]I'm a bit excited.[/orange]

-kill-9
View Quote

Somehow, in my mind I just see you grinning!

Jim
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 8:35:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Granted, it isn't the heaviest rifle, but I hope to reach out and touch varmints and I trust the stability of a bipod more than I trust my left forearm.

-kill-9
View Quote

Ah. I was wondering about the "bipod on a shorty" idea. That's why you have to have at least [b]two[/b] AR's -- a shorty set up for short to medium range shooting and one w/ a 20" (or longer) barrel for long range varmint deanimation. A red dot, tactical light, and tactical sling for the 16". A Nightforce, stock adaptor, and bipod for the 20".

Of course, once you have [b]2[/b] AR's, you'll have to get more. Or at least a few more uppers. And then there's the golf ball adaptor. And then a few larger bore rifles. And some sidearms...

See what I mean about getting sucked in.

But here is the most important thing to remember: Have fun with it!
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 8:52:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
And then a few larger bore rifles. And some sidearms...
View Quote

Well, I already own a bolt-action .308, a 12-ga 870, a S&W Sigma 9mm, a S&W Model 19 .357, a Marlin 1894CP .357, and a 10-22.  I just needed the AR to fill the "black rifle" void.

-kill-9
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 8:53:59 AM EDT
[#11]
That's a sweet lookin' rifle.  I was here for a while till I bought my first and only one as well.  Thanks to being in California, thats it for me.  Congrats. [:)]
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 1:57:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I can sympathize.  I lived in the PRK until mid-December.  As soon as I moved to Idaho, I got my CCW and began looking for an AR.  :)

Is there a good online source for 20- and 30-rd mags?

-kill-9
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 3:06:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Well, I already own a bolt-action .308, a 12-ga 870, a S&W Sigma 9mm, a S&W Model 19 .357, a Marlin 1894CP .357, and a 10-22.  I just needed the AR to fill the "black rifle" void.
View Quote

Hot damn! I'd say you filled that void up right.

And you're right about how much the PRK thing really sucks. I'm still here but, fortunately, I had everything before the lockdown happened.

For magazines, try:
[url]www.ammoman.com[/url]
[url]www.cdnninvestments.com/[/url]
[url]www.coledistributing.com/[/url]
[url]www.kyimports.com/[/url]
[url]www.natchezss.com/[/url]

Link Posted: 4/4/2002 3:23:00 PM EDT
[#14]
But..................

the flash supressor and bayonet lug are missing!
[>:/] [>:/]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top