Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2002 11:54:36 AM EDT
Ramallah, Occupied Palestine -- My name is Tzaporah Ryter. I am an American student from the University of Minnesota. I currently am in Ramallah. We are under a terrible siege and people are being massacred by both the Israeli army and armed militia groups of Israeli settlers. They are shooting outside at anything that moves.

I am urgently pleading for as much outside help as possible to help save lives here.

I arrived in Ramallah last Thursday. I had come back for a visit to the Palestinian city where I had been previously living and studying. On Thursday afternoon, the Israeli army began sealing off each entrance to Ramallah and there were rumors that they planned to invade.

People were rushing back home from across checkpoints and also people were trying to flee. People were not allowed to go out and many working people -- with homes and children to return to -- were not allowed in, everyone was trying to take cover. Those traveling in began desperately searching for alternative ways and traveling in groups, but the Israelis were firing upon them and everyone was running and screaming.

Women carrying their children were trying desperately to flee from Ramallah, carrying infants and toddlers, and their young children were running along in the rain through the fields, slipping and falling on the rocks, trying to reach safety. Israeli jeeps were speeding across the terrain pulling up from every direction and shooting at the women and children, and also at me, as we ran in opposite directions. They were chasing down people, hunting them like that in the fields.

When I reached Ramallah, people were panicking and trying to buy bread, rice and milk from corner stores, but most supplies were already gone. We bought what we could and went inside to wait for what was coming.

When night fell, Israeli tanks began to invade and also we saw Israeli troops coming on foot from the valley, and surrounding our house. I could hear them calling to each other in Hebrew. They were against our door and all around. They were firing everywhere a barrage of bullets and there was tank fire. We had to lay on the floor and keep silent. We stayed there, on the floor, for nearly four days in the darkness.

We knew that our circumstances were better than others because old people or infants or people with medical emergency needs had no help. It was very cold, with most families packed all in one room. Some people are without life sustaining medicines like insulin, and they are altering their doses dangerously if they have any medicine left to take. People are becoming dangerously sick from lack of food and water and heat. The fear and terror only makes things worse, but it cannot be avoided.

In the daytime, we heard them shooting people in the streets, and could hear them screaming and screaming. No ambulance was allowed through. Then their screams stopped and there was just silence.

[img]http://indymedia.org/local/webcast/uploads/metafiles/idf6oft4nf.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 12:16:01 PM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://indymedia.org/local/webcast/uploads/metafiles/sharon8.gif[/img]

Praise Allah!!! [BD]
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 12:32:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Ramallah, Occupied Palestine -- My name is Tzaporah Ryter. I am an American student from the University of Minnesota.

I arrived in Ramallah last Thursday. I had come back for a visit to the Palestinian city where I had been previously living and studying.
When night fell, Israeli tanks began to invade and also we saw Israeli troops coming on foot from the valley, and surrounding our house.
View Quote

An 'American' student? "Our house"??? I don't think you become an Amercian citizen that quickly, so he's a Palestinian who got to go to school here... great.

"My fellow Americans, help me!"

Be happy to help you after you as a people renounce all forms of terrorism, especially suicide bomings.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 12:46:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Gotta agree. Decide if you are Palestinian or American. When I vacationed in Europe I didn't suddenly become Austrian.

I have similar problems it Palestinian-Americans, as I do with Israeli-Americans and other hyphenated Americans.

In addition the story, while possible, is also dubious. I see this as just another attempt at maniuplating our disdain for Israels bullshit to support another cause. More or less the flip side of the same coin when Israel tries to maniuplate the US for their ends. And blaming Bush is not wise either.

These people and their stupid little war are beginning to piss me off.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 12:51:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I added a poll for some fun!! [BD]
c-rock
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 1:00:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Just a few maps that the IDF would prefer Westerners to not see.

[img]http://indymedia.org/local/webcast/uploads/metafiles/gazamaplgnaqm3w.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 1:03:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Free Mumia!! [BD]

[img]http://indymedia.org/local/webcast/uploads/metafiles/westbankmaplghmd6qz.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 1:05:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I see this as just another attempt at maniuplating our disdain for Isreals bullshit to support another cause.
View Quote

Please refrain from removing words from my mouth. [;)]

Eddie
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 1:20:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Let Israel do what the hell it wants. And let the Palistinians do what the they want. As long as it isn't with my money, and nobody attacks the US.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 1:42:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Let Israel do what the hell it wants. And let the Palistinians do what the they want. As long as it isn't with my money, and nobody attacks the US.
View Quote

Israel does what it wants but with your money.  
Somethink like $3Billion of U.S. taxpayer dollars per year.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 1:55:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Prove to the world the "Zionists" are committing genocide...it cannot be done.  The issue here, in a root cause basis, is who has title to the "occupied terrority".  The PA claims to have never lost this territory yet history shows Israel to be the victor.

Lets look at the places Arafat has been and also been kicked out of.  Syria.  Lebanon.  Jordan.  All neighbors of Israel yet where is he from?  Suspicious character and subversive motives at best.

The PA had been granted autonomous rule yet it cannot keep its factions under control.  WHY?  And why should the IDF put up with this crap?

Original title to the land was regained by land purchases.  That the state of Israel was allowed to form is beyond the question.  The question is why cannot the PA control its goons?
Its very simple.  They have been given the chance and they failed miserably.  Spanking time.

Palestine is nothing more than a red herring the radical Muslims use to push Jews out as the Jewish faith is contrary to their narrow-minded beliefs.  

Islam is in its dark ages.  Their actions of present are nothing more than their equivalent of the Crusades only they have no title to Israel nor a ficticious nation of Palestine.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 2:40:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Israel does what it wants but with your money.  
Somethink like $3Billion of U.S. taxpayer dollars per year.
View Quote

Yeah, I know. My point was I don't want to give them any taxpayer money.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 2:57:30 PM EDT
[#12]
From Libertyof76
 They did attack US. or were you sleeping 9-11?

As for Crock, so now he shows his true colors, His posters are rather in very poor taste,  or most likely inflammatory and discrimintory.

My father and uncles fought in WW2, as Americans, Did not the Palestienians fought with Hitler and the NAZIs?
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 3:27:31 PM EDT
[#13]
When you look at that map... of the west bank dotted with Israeli settlements (in violation of the Oslo accords)... you have to wonder how the hell the palestinians could have their own state even if they stopped the terrorism...
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 3:32:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 3:39:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a thought......revoke his student visa....or better yet upon reentry into the US, let the FBI question him as to his whereabouts and activities
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 5:27:53 PM EDT
[#16]
I am just showing maps showing what is going on over there.  
Thats all.
Some you all cant handle disagreements.  

To be honest, I really dont give a rats ass what happens. I rather see not one of my tax dollars going to any of those SOBS, Sandniggers, or jews.  

Let them fight, and hate america.
c-rock
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top