Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2002 11:12:22 AM EDT
Please be kind guys.  I bought one of the newer stamped SW5 receivers and a parts kit.  I had it built by Jayson at IGF.  He just emailed me that it was just getting the finishing touches. Also perfect functioning, no failures of any kind.  I will get the rifle next week.  All the reports about Jayson is that he does quality work. But this particular SW5 has a plastic lower, a real cocking tube, a paddle mag release. The mag release the only thing that is needed to finish it.  I will post some PICs when I get it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 11:30:15 AM EDT
[#1]
[img]www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 11:32:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey Doc,

Why would anyone flame you?   You bought something you wanted.

The only arguments against SWs is customer service, resale, and possibly quality.

If you are convinced the quality is there for the money, it is up to you.  Hell, people put down Pintos in the old days.  Yeah, not as fast, comfortable or as good resale as a Corvette.  But the PRICE was right.

For me, SW is not going to happen.  Not my thang and having had poor service from Bob at ASA  was enough  for a lifetime.  I don't need to  add Todd from SW.  I might actually have to kill the next person that treats me as Bob did.

But, you decided the SW is what you want.   Open eyes and all.  Great.  I hope she runs perfect for you.  I hope you can tell all and sundry what a reliable fun shooter it is.

Cheers

James
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 11:35:40 AM EDT
[#3]
My SW-5 is fine.  Many were not, however.  Toad is a bona fide idiot and lousy businessman.  I wonder who the hell welded some of those guns?  

Yours is just SW parts assembled by a competent gunsmith.  Big difference.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 11:38:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Well Toad had a good idea but loused up the execution. I have a beautiful HK94A3 but alas its NIB and a safe queen.  I am going to haul the SW5 through the woods!  The welds were kinda iffy at best.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 11:41:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 11:52:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Well I could use it as an expensive club I guess!  
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 12:11:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
For me, SW is not going to happen.  Not my thang and having had poor service from Bob at ASA  was enough  for a lifetime.  I don't need to  add Todd from SW.  [blue]I might actually have to kill the next person that treats me as Bob did.[/blue]

James
View Quote

If you follow through and are caught, I have dibs on your "Big Bore" 45!  [:D]
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 12:34:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Really the only problems are as follows...

The SW part kit is notoriously substandard, a combination a Pakistani and US Todd made parts.

The SW stamped receiver is NOT spec, and probably lower in quality than the SW cast receiver.

The assembly being done by hand rather than on a HK press. As a result this rifle will NOT be dead center.

However, it will probably be heads and tales above Todds Dremel tool wonders. In additon the SW warranty is from date of manufacture not date of sale, so pretty useless.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 3:24:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Anti,

What, this old thing?

[img]http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=jimmybcool&album_id=59083&image_id=10&courtesy=1[/img]

James
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top