Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2002 6:37:29 PM EDT
Is anybody living near Ft. Benning gonna attend the U.S. Army Best Ranger Challenge.  My stepson is participating for the fourth year and we're finally getting a chance to attend this year.  It's the last weekend this month.  The past 2 years he finished overall 7th in 2000 and 6th last year.  Not sure for 1999.   Hopefully he will win it this year.  It would be great for him to win while his mom is in attendance.  She is very proud of both her boys' accomplishments, as am I.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 6:47:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck!  But please, tell him not to kiss his Ranger buddy at the finish so that we might avoid the homoerotic Kriegskameradenschaft Army Times photos a la last year.  [@:D]
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 8:22:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't get to see that photo last year.  We watched the one hour video from the Discovery channel.  Didn't see any team kissing going on.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 8:26:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Former 11B10 kudos to your son.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 8:41:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Really, don't have much idea of what you are talking about. But, since you're an Ar15 guy, that's good enough for me to wish your stepson the very best of luck!

As far as I am concerned, it really is how you play the game, but, let's know the outcome anyway.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 8:42:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Schnert.  He's one of the instructors with the RTB in Florida.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 8:50:50 PM EDT
[#6]
A2cat-man,

The Ranger Challenge is one of the last REAL Army traditions left.  

How does he like his new TAN beret?

-Schnert
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 9:21:17 PM EDT
[#7]
He doesn't.  I guess Clinton didn't call him and ask him how he felt about it before he gave the rest of the regular Army that hard earned black beret.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 9:50:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Amen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top