Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2002 6:32:39 PM EDT
I am going to be in Orlando/Kissimee for a week and would like some advise on local, but nice, places to eat. I am not interested in National chains. We found the best little BBQ place last time we were in town and loved it. I am looking for good food in places like that. Would like to keep total tab under 70.00 including drinks.

Thanks,

AR15forfun

Link Posted: 4/2/2002 6:43:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't go to Ruth Crisp Steak House in Winter Park.  The last time I went there it cost me $450 for supper.

Drive over to Alburndale (near Winter Haven).  Go to Peoples BarBque.  Best in the state.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 6:50:35 PM EDT
[#2]
That isn't too hard at Ruth's Chris. I have eaten there in New Orleans and Louisville, Ky. Both were great, and way overpriced!

Link Posted: 4/2/2002 7:26:29 PM EDT
[#3]
How many persons have to fit in the $70?

Orlando, and Kissimmee only? Have you ruled out any of the places on the coast - 50 to 55 miles away?

If you are interested in a trip to the beach I can steer you to a few good places. It’s an easy drive, 70 mph all the way on the Bee Line expressway. I wouldn't make the drive for a restaurant alone, but you might enjoy the ocean, depending on where BLZ is.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 8:03:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Vito's Chop House on I drive. The Food is Astonishing. I highly recomend either the 20oz center cut Filet Mignion or the 32 oz porterhouse. A bit Pricey though.

For BBQ I would recomend Johnny Rivers Smoke House out on E 50 (E Colonial Dr) by the Fair Grounds.

The House of Blues at Downdown Disney is pretty good but the "new" chef (he's been there about a year) seems a bit full of himself and the food has gotten a bit "Chie Chie" and lost it's "roadhouse" style.

The open Restaurants on Disney are all good but a bit of a wait to get into even with reservations.  

There is an Irish place in Winter Park On Aloma near Rollins College called Fiddlers Green (I think, it's been a while and they had very tasty Guiness:-) very good all around food amazing potato soup

There is a local chain called Eat at Joes Crab House. Pretty good seafood and the floor show is silly (The wait staff all get to dance to bad 70's disco)
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 8:59:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Joes Crab Shack?? That's not a local chain.. We have a couple in MN, I know there's one in TX. I guess there's not that many in the country though.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 2:30:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the suggestions!
I am looking forward to getting there.

AR15forfun

Link Posted: 4/3/2002 3:30:36 PM EDT
[#7]
BBQ - you must go to Bubbalous Bodacious BBQ.  3 locations I can think of.  1 off Alafaya trail, 1 off of Kirkman and 1 off of Lee.  
Seafood - Boston Lobster Feast - 2 locations one at corner of sandlake and Orange Blossom Trail.  All you can eat snow crab legs, Maine Lobster, cold pasteurized oysters and a lot of other good stuff.  
Other location is on International drive but I think the first one is better as it can handle higher volume of people w/ 2 buffet lines.
Also there is High Tide harrys - Also has all u can eat crab legs, and Dungenous crab.
Going to do any shooting when you're here?

Link Posted: 4/3/2002 4:48:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Boston Lobster Feast - all you can eat lobster.

Hopps - great steaks and home brew.

If you do go to the coast, check out Frankies Wings and buy some 911 wings. These are some of the hotest wings you will find in the area.

I almost forgot, there is a place on I-Drive called 'XS' with the best steaks I can remember. I never liked thick cut steaks as no one can ever cook them properly, but this place cooked the best tasting, thick, juicey steak ever. The 2nd floor is a game room and drinks for afterwards.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 4:56:30 PM EDT
[#9]
It just keeps getting better and better! Thanks again for all the suggestions.

I thought about some shooting while we were down there. My wife is totally cool about my hobby. She even has her own FAR-15 in the works. But I have decided to lay off for 10 days as I can shoot anything at home that I could shoot in Florida.

I am going to miss the Knob Creek shoot because of this! First one to miss in I don't know how many years.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 6:36:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I was just down in FL last week. I can't recommend anything in Orlando other then make sure you go visit Race Rock. Be sure to order the Onion explosion appetizer, you will know what it is by seeing it on everyones table. [8D]

It is a cool place, and good food. Burger type place. It is not a place to impress someone for dinner. But go check it out, it is right off International Drive, worth the visit.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 6:50:14 PM EDT
[#11]
As far as BBQ goes Woodys has always been good to me and you can get a decent drink and be in that price range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top