User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 6/29/2010 7:39:32 PM EDT
Fuck me up
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 7:42:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll bite...

Why in holy hell are your trailers only "rated" for 45 MPH...

Doesn't Uhaul realize that going 45 MPH on a modern interstate will get you killed.
It's not 1978 with the speed limit being 55MPH anymore....
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 7:43:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Coupon code for a free rental?
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 7:44:03 PM EDT
[#3]
1. Why is a Jeep Wrangler w/ hardtop considered a "convertible" and why won't you let me rent a 2-wheel dolly if I want to tow a tiny Hyundai with it?   (Towing capacity 3500 lbs)

2. Why is the U-Haul place near me only staffed with 1 guy on weekend mornings?  I seriously waited 50 minutes in line behind 2 other guys trying to rent the truck I reserved for that day to move.

Link Posted: 6/29/2010 7:44:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Tag...ibtss
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 7:44:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'll bite...

Doesn't Uhaul realize that going 45 MPH on a modern interstate will get you killed.

lawyers
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 7:45:25 PM EDT
[#6]
why do ya'll cost twice as much as penske (or pretty much any other competitor), and have trucks 3 times as old??  

Let me guess,  its the lower loading deck?   Yeah they invented those things called ramps a while back.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 7:45:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Why do you overbook rental trucks?
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 7:46:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
why do ya'll cost twice as much as penske, and have trucks 3 times as old??  

Also a very good question.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 7:46:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Whats up with the trailors having a non standard electrical connector and than forcing you to BUY the correct converter for your vehicle that you will probably only end up using once?

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 7:46:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Why don't Uhaul employees check the trailers when they get returned?

My last rental had someone's supplies for his home growing drug business, a little strange.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 7:46:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a friend (yes, really) that always says "dont rent from U-haul, rent from Penske, Penske buys new equipment, while U-haul is used up crap".  I'm not too sure about this, do you have any info?

Steve
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 7:46:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Does U-Haul ever buy new vehicles?    
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 7:49:05 PM EDT
[#13]
give us the inside scoop on scoring a good deal!

You guys price match?

Online always the best deal?

Any way to score a discount?

Link Posted: 6/29/2010 7:49:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have a friend (yes, really) that always says "dont rent from U-haul, rent from Penske, Penske buys new equipment, while U-haul is used up crap".  I'm not too sure about this, do you have any info?

Steve

Too polite, try again.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 7:49:58 PM EDT
[#15]
How are you still in business when every other truck rental place is 1/3 to 1/2 your prices, and has much larger, newer, more capable trucks based on 4500+ series platforms compared to your 1 ton gassers?

I do patronize your propane refilling service, however.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 7:50:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Some Uhauls i have used had the bullshit "convenience" loader strapped in right by the door, so if you do not use it the damn thing gets in the way while loading. Is this deliberate placement intended to make the renter more likely to break the little zip tie and get charged more?
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 7:50:50 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

why do ya'll cost twice as much as penske (or pretty much any other competitor), and have trucks 3 times as old??  

All the trucks at the local U-Haul place look like they're from the 80's... The truck I rented, the radio would momentarily turn off every 10 seconds then come back on tuned to 88.8... which ment no radio for 6 hours of driving!

Link Posted: 6/29/2010 7:51:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Why do 1982 trucks rent for 2032 prices?

Why do you say you have a new 26'  automatic truck available, but on the day promised at the time promised you only have a 24' truck with a 3 speed on the column and no brakes?

How have you managed to stay in business for so long?

roy d...do you sleep well at night?
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 7:51:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'll bite...

I know, I hear that alot...it's all about protecting the company from lawsuits......matter of fact.....most of the following questions will be CYA by U-Haul.

Truth is, if you have a somewhat decent worker that will check your lights and tire pressure before you leave, you can cruise with any of our trailers  at highway speeds all day with no prob.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 7:53:09 PM EDT
[#20]
what can I say I have a good, mid size suv, and tried to rent a small trailer from u-haul.

They said, literally, we will not rent a trailer to be towed by a Ford Explorer.

And they would not.

Fuck em.

TXL
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 7:53:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Whats the most fucked up thing you found that someone forgot?
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 7:54:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Don't know how you operate there, but the ones around here have shitty service and equipment.

How come we can't have a car dolly ready on time even though we reserved one ahead of time?
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 7:55:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Ever have a client dump a can of seafoam in the gas tank right before they return a vehicle?
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 7:56:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Corpse stories. Let's hear 'em.

Why do all the U-Hauls around here have Arizona tags on them ?
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 7:56:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Asshole...

Link Posted: 6/29/2010 7:57:09 PM EDT
[#26]
for fucksake guys.......I'll try to answer each and every one of your questions but it might take a minute or two.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 7:58:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Coupon code for a free rental?

Venkman...if your ever in my neck of the woods, let me know.....I'll get you taken care of.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 7:59:17 PM EDT
[#28]
You suck...............
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 7:59:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Whats up with the trailors having a non standard electrical connector and than forcing you to BUY the correct converter for your vehicle that you will probably only end up using once?

-Foxxz

Answered your own question.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 8:01:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Some Uhauls i have used had the bullshit "convenience" loader strapped in right by the door, so if you do not use it the damn thing gets in the way while loading. Is this deliberate placement intended to make the renter more likely to break the little zip tie and get charged more?

Answered your own question too.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 8:04:20 PM EDT
[#31]
they do uhaul at a shop i used to work at.  from my experiences there i can say this article is pretty accurate.  http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-na-uhaul24jun24-sp,0,1699358.special  part 2 is especially spot on.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 8:05:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
1. Why is a Jeep Wrangler w/ hardtop considered a "convertible" and why won't you let me rent a 2-wheel dolly if I want to tow a tiny Hyundai with it?   (Towing capacity 3500 lbs)

2. Why is the U-Haul place near me only staffed with 1 guy on weekend mornings?  I seriously waited 50 minutes in line behind 2 other guys trying to rent the truck I reserved for that day to move.  

Man....I know......jeeps are considered "soft tops" even when they have a hard top, if for some reason the trailer were to "scorpion" the truck....you and yours will die.

Question 2   Problem there...I staff my centers according to the volume...is this a U-Haul center or an independent dealer?
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 8:07:38 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

My last rental had someone's supplies for his home growing drug business, a little strange.

I rented one once when I was moving to go to school and when I went to load it up there was a dresser in there.  A nice one too!  Thanks to whoever left it in there!

Link Posted: 6/29/2010 8:10:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Let me guess,  its the lower loading deck?   Yeah they invented those things called ramps a while back.

If you want to drive an extra 3oo miles to drop your rig off ....be my guest, and really dude....do ya ha have to be a smartass?

and btw, we've upgraded our trucks....let me ask you... whens the last time you rented one?
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 8:11:45 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Man....I know......jeeps are considered "soft tops" even when they have a hard top, if for some reason the trailer were to "scorpion" the truck....you and yours will die.

Question 2   Problem there...I staff my centers according to the volume...is this a U-Haul center or an independent dealer?

U-HAUL CENTER VESTAL

3732 Vestal Pkwy E

Vestal, NY 13850

1 guy working & old crappy trucks!

Link Posted: 6/29/2010 8:16:43 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

What does scorpion mean?  Do you mean jack knife, or do you mean somehow the trailer would whip up into the air and smash into the top of the jeep?
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 8:16:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Typically centers don;t...most of the time it's that online thing....if you need a truck....call your local at least a week in advance.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 8:17:50 PM EDT
[#38]
I know someone that has a hot U-Haul appliance dolly. When will the U-Haul cops be at his door?
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 8:20:43 PM EDT
[#39]
I'll bite,

I've seen every kind of anti-cop/JBT thread but I;ve never seen an anti-U-Haul thread here.

Whenever I need to rent stuff or fill propane tanks I always go to U-Haul first.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 8:20:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Typically centers don;t...most of the time it's that online thing....if you need a truck....call your local at least a week in advance.

wed get a fair amount of rentals where people would show up pissed off when we didnt have their truck because uhaul moved their reservation somewhere else (always a uhaul center) the night before their move after they scheduled it with us.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 8:21:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
what can I say I have a good, mid size suv, and tried to rent a small trailer from u-haul.

They said, literally, we will not rent a trailer to be towed by a Ford Explorer.

And they would not.

Fuck em.

TXL

I hate that.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 8:22:19 PM EDT
[#42]
My experience w/ Uhaul has been great (cheaper than Penske) with new vehicles for long hauls.  The manager in Fayetteville, NC is a fucking bitch though...
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 8:23:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Why do all of your trucks suck?
I don't think I've rented a truck from Uhaul that I thought, after driving a few miles, had a better than even chance of making it to my destination.  Every one of them was beat to shit and should have been retired a long time ago.  I have never rented a truck from another company that was in as bad shape as ANYTHING I've rented from Uhaul.

ETA: Oh, and my sister rented a trailer from Uhaul that had 12 psi in one of the tires.  12 fucking psi.  WTF?

Link Posted: 6/29/2010 8:23:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

-Foxxz

Non-standard.........what do you mean....4 way flat IS standard for 99% of trailers....and btw....nobody has FORCED you to buy a godamn thing.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 8:24:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Most try...mine does at least...sorry bout that.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 8:26:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:

What does scorpion mean?  Do you mean jack knife, or do you mean somehow the trailer would whip up into the air and smash into the top of the jeep?

That's the image I had, but it seems hard to do.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 8:28:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's the image I had, but it seems hard to do.

just put a mattress on top of the trailer and then itll just bounce off and everything will be ok!
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 8:29:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Steve

Good luck finding a Penske
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 8:30:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Does U-Haul ever buy new vehicles?    

The nationwide fleet is new.....aside from some of the local trucks.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 8:35:08 PM EDT
[#50]
OP, you asked for all questions from GD...even said "fuck me up".

Now you're getting the red-ass because this is happening?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top