Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2002 2:32:41 AM EDT
Are they worth all that money. [BD]
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 2:43:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I love mine. It seems more solid then others I've seen. Oh, figure out what size you think you need, then buy a larger one. Trust me. You will want more room later!
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 2:46:13 AM EDT
[#2]
And notice that each model has different grades within that model.

Dave S
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 2:51:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought one back in the mid-80's when I had my FFL and got it wholesale..I got the protector series , the smallest one they made, without the optional fire protection, it was their bottom of the line at that time,, researched it a lot,, it was only a little higher than some of the other brands. Got it from Southern Security in Kingston TN,, they have guaranteed lower prices,, will sell for lower than what they can print on  the price sheet that they will send you..Now the Protector sereis is about 3 notches up from the bottom of the line,, just bought a Fort Knox Maverick (again bottom of the line) but its 66" tall and about the same width and depth as other brands that are only 60" tall.. some of the 60" tall ones are made of 10ga which is heavier than mine with 12ga.. but with all the different lines they make you can get one that is extremely heavy, and expensive too... If comparing the lower priced, textured finish, no pinstripping, etc.. they are comparable to others,, they have a lifetime warranty too..Talk to Randy Register, at Southern Security, tell him a satisified 2nd time buyer sent you his way.. I think you'll find their prices competitive with some of the other brands,, but compare, thickness etc.. to be fair.. I've had to buy the bottom of the line,, but had my first one for about 15 years and was very satisified.. the new one I've only had for 1 month,, do miss the brass tumbler and key re-locker though, as compared to the new onew plastic one with no relocker,, but room was more important on my limited budget...
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 7:23:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I've had a 16-gun Fort Knox safe for about 5 years now and it was the best thing I did for my guns since buying them. It doesn't have the fire protection but it does fit inside a standard closet. The carpeted dividers are cut a little too close together for my AR's but I've actually squeezed 18 guns in it with a little creative arranging. It came with a Goldenrod heater which has been working nonstop since day one. A solidly built product; I would highly reccomend one.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 7:34:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I got one....loved it....now, I need another one, big.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top