Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2002 4:50:30 PM EDT
Ladies and Gents...

Are you ready for this one...?  Another Lefty Loony...this time from California, has been found out.

State Senator Don Perata, (D-Oakland), yes...the same Perata who just introduced a bill to add $.05 tax on each and every bullet sold in that state...packs heat!  Further, he has for some time.

Here is the story about the ammo law and a photo of his request to renew his CCW permit.  Somebody at the sheriff's office ratted this dude out.  Must have been an NRA member.  Don't you just love it when they get exposed?

HYPOCRITE!

Here is the story:

[url]http://www.thesandiegochannel.com/sh/news/california/stories/news-california-133884520020329-180357.html[/url]

And here is a copy of his CCW renewal request to the sheriff:  

[url]http://www.nrawinningteam.com/calnra/perata/perata3.gif[/url]

Simply amazing....
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 7:30:51 PM EDT
[#1]
You see, he's of the ruling elite and is entitled to carry firearms.  You and I are mere proles who exist only to slavishly vote for this guy, grab whatever "entitlements" he generously grants us, and pay his ever-increasing taxes.

So he should have guns and you should surrender yours.  What's so hard to understand about that?

Wow I think I'll move to CA.  It's so . . . progressive.  [puke]

How come the papers aren't covering this gem?
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 7:37:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Classic Liberal Hypocrite
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 7:51:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I bet he has a loophole that allows him to be exempt from this tax too.

Link Posted: 4/1/2002 8:14:57 PM EDT
[#4]
The site that hosted the article also has a feedback forum. Check out this beauty, there are plenty more like it. The sad reality is that it is not also the polititions, it is people like this:

Most of the posts that I have seen have been angry, sub-literate scrawls about how this proposed tax is a threat to the liberty of every patriotic american in california. To all of those people I have but one question: How many people are you planning on shooting? If you just want a gun for home defense, you should only need to buy one box of bullets. Ever. Unless you are fighting off nightly hordes of looters, you will never use more than one clip of ammo. Chances are, your house won't be broken into, at least not while you are there, so you won't even use a single bullet. So what is the problem? Simply pay the one time cost, and go on with your lives.
As a final point, I would like to point out the fact that the Second Amendment was written during a time of social upheaval when the only means that many communities had to protect themselves was through the use of citizen militias. The Second Amendment was intended to prevent overzealous government officials from disarming entire communities and leaving them defenseless. Today, if we took away every privately owned gun in america people wouldn't be defenseless. That is what the police are for. Fault them as you may, but they are trained and prepared for situations that may erupt into violence. You, as a jittery gun-owner, are not trained for those situations. You may be trained on HOW to use a gun, but you are not trained on WHEN to use a gun. Maybe you should leave that job up to the professionals.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/1/2002 8:49:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Response to that non-sense:

You must feel so safe and protected in happy home. The "professionals" are not so quick to respond to many households.  I find your gross stereo typing of "jittery gun-owners" offensive as well as your weak interpretation of our Constitution. The "right to keep and bear arms" was penned in order keep a level of power within the masses of citizens, i.e. the public. This level of power would guarantee that freedom remained in the public.

You must find me a terrible creature for I buy ammunition on a bi-monthly basis by the 1,000s. I am a civilian. I school “professionals” with my marksmanship on a regular basis. I would like to let you know that I am licensed to carry a concealed handgun and practice that privilege daily.  There are 1,000s like me.  Do not reference statistics you cannot quote.

I am attaching a link to a letter that is posted to a URL. Don Perata is a hypocrite. I encourage you to read the latter to the state requesting his own CWL (Concealed Carry License). Mr. Perata, a anti-gun politician feels that he is above his “beliefs.”

[url]www.nrawinningteam.com/calnra/perata/perata3.gif[/url]

In conclusion, I would like to point out that ammunition is not called "bullets". The bullet is simply the projectile that exits the muzzle. If people are going to blame criminal acts on a inanimate object, they should get the terminology correct.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 9:09:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I replied to their forum but the comments are filtered through the moderator. Whatcha wanna bet they don't print my response?
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 9:16:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Geez, I told y'all about his CCW back when SB23 (the kalfornia "assault weapon ban" v2.0) was still in it's infancy. The way the bill was originally written, it would have banned HIS Beretta 92F and he would have had to register it as an "assault weapon". After someone pointed this fact out to the dope, he mysteriously did a quick rewrite so his gun would be excluded.

Another nice thing Perata has said was "I don't support gun control" and that he needed his CCW because he believes he was on a "militia hit list".
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 9:21:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I hate that giant load of crap! I can't even cast a vote against him, he lives all the way up in Oakland and screws everyone in the state.

Here's his picture

[img]http://community.webshots.com/rz/r1/3/38/72/24933872avPbIQEdns_ph.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 5:20:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You see, he's of the ruling elite and is entitled to carry firearms.  You and I are mere proles who exist only to slavishly vote for this guy, grab whatever "entitlements" he generously grants us, and pay his ever-increasing taxes.

So he should have guns and you should surrender yours.  What's so hard to understand about that?

Wow I think I'll move to CA.  It's so . . . progressive.  [puke]

How come the papers aren't covering this gem?
View Quote

Yea...one wonders.  Why is it that any story that can be spun into an anti-gun screed by the press is jumped on by them like a duck on a june bug...but when Sara Brady does a straw buy for her son or this slag gets caught carrying...and Rosie's bodyguards get caught packing in a school...the 4th Estate is strangely silent?  Hmmmmmm....BIAS maybe?

Link Posted: 4/2/2002 5:39:21 AM EDT
[#10]

My reason for seeking renewal is as it has been in previous applications:  my public policy efforts to seek rational regulation of firearms have engendered the enmity of some individuals who have made overt threats on my life and the well-being of my family.  The rapidly expanding access and anonymous use of the internet have measureable added to this problem.
View Quote

How many of us do you think Kalifornia turns down for this same reasoning?  How many women has Kailfornia denied CCW because their reason for applying was "overt threats" by an ex-husband, boyfriend, etc.?

The idea that we would disagree with his "efforts to seek rational regulation of firearms" makes us all whackos out to assasinate him.  I think history shows that gun owners are the level headed ones in all of this.  I can't recall a time when a gun owner has ever killed a legislator over gun control.

Link Posted: 4/2/2002 5:53:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Geeze what are you complaining about? just submit your ap or renewal on official legislature letterhead and your permit will go right through.  Gawd, some people.. sheesh!
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 5:53:52 AM EDT
[#12]
How many of us do you think Kalifornia turns down for this same reasoning? How many women has Kailfornia denied CCW because their reason for applying was "overt threats" by an ex-husband, boyfriend, etc.?
View Quote

Precisely.  If you or I wrote something about some threat to our lives, you think this approval guy would give a fig?  Of course not.  But SENATOR Perata, on his SENATOR letterhead, gets whatever he wants.

Rank has its privileges.  Now stop reading AR15.com and get back to work, drone.  Tax day is coming.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 6:28:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Everybody in Cali needs to buy a copy of Jeff Snyder's "A Nation of Cowards".   He explains this quite well.     The Senator's life is worth protecting where yours as a common citizen is not......   You, the ignorant masses, cannot be trusted with firearms.

[smoke] [smoke]
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 6:48:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I replied to their forum but the comments are filtered through the moderator. Whatcha wanna bet they don't print my response?
View Quote

Muzzlebreak,
Your posted.

I've never read so much horseshit!!!
I urge others to post there also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top